Recent Topics

Ads

Solo Ranked

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Spellbound

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#21 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:05 pm

kryss wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:50 pm
Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:01 am
Neflak wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:01 am What is going on with ranked? I basically never see games popping anymore even during EU prime time. As a ranged dps main I can't even get 10 games a week in a reasonable time, much less 10 wins. Are the incentives not good enough for people to que this or there is just no reason to que right now? I don't understand, I thought this was end game pvp for small scale fighting... seems like nobody cares...?
The “Best patch in RoR history” claim with the NB change did the opposite of helping ranked pop.

Large population don’t care for ranked and it’s only meant for certain classes.
Before the NB patch I could play 5-6 matches in EU off-primetime. Just after it, it went down to very few, like 1-2, and it has been zero since more than a week. This is a fact, the best patch in RoR history killed many ranked "pros"
Ranked "Pros" wanted this. Being around in the inside of the MMO industry, I know you couldn't mess with the core game and get away with it. Imagine WoW losing the macro system, what if DAOC got rid of all back-up styles or spell queue. Imagine a game that got rid of Shift or Alt modifiers or banned use of mouse/keyboard software. Anything that's been around for 10 years. I gave the dire warning immediately when I read the notes and that's exactly what transpired.

Excuses came immediately in response: Summer starting, population been deciding all year, Dragon's Bane had issues, Saturday servers were down, 95% of the playerbase support NB ban and asked to read first TWO pages of the patch notes and not the rest. I did a count of several threads and one had 53% ok to leave NB in and patch note thread 73% UNIQUE users support it mostly to not lose population, not because they support NB.

Ads
gebajger

Post#22 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Spellbound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:01 am
Neflak wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:01 am What is going on with ranked? I basically never see games popping anymore even during EU prime time. As a ranged dps main I can't even get 10 games a week in a reasonable time, much less 10 wins. Are the incentives not good enough for people to que this or there is just no reason to que right now? I don't understand, I thought this was end game pvp for small scale fighting... seems like nobody cares...?
The “Best patch in RoR history” claim with the NB change did the opposite of helping ranked pop.

Large population don’t care for ranked and it’s only meant for certain classes.
I'm not sure there is a connection, imo its more like ppl are waiting for season 2, which - as we all know - is coming in two weeks.
On the other hand, if I'm wrong and it is in fact a direct result of the removal of NB, I'll consider it a job well done, and I'll be happy with less pop.
Rioz

Kaelang

Post#23 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Mergrim wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm
gebajger wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:53 pm Is there anything keeping people from hopping on discord and Q-ing together for solo ranked?
If there isn't, why is it called solo ranked?
Thats why we should allow mixed teams with order and destro in same party.

This is only way to fix ranked.
This is much easier to conceptualise than actually put into play.

There are so many spell interactions and checks that would need to be rewritten to allow for cross-faction functionality. Buffs and debuffs simultaneously checking party conditions and race conditions. Then thinks like KotBS and Chosens - how would their auras interact because they've never been written to interact before, just a fast initial 'this would break'.

Moving back to OT - there's a few people here saying we've forgotten about Season 2 and we aren't working on it - this is wrong. Season 2 is still very much being worked on. We appreciate it's taken more time than expected but developers heading up the project and moving away from the team can cause stalls in development.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

gebajger

Post#24 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:25 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 pm
Mergrim wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:06 pm
gebajger wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:53 pm Is there anything keeping people from hopping on discord and Q-ing together for solo ranked?
If there isn't, why is it called solo ranked?
Thats why we should allow mixed teams with order and destro in same party.

This is only way to fix ranked.
This is much easier to conceptualise than actually put into play.

There are so many spell interactions and checks that would need to be rewritten to allow for cross-faction functionality. Buffs and debuffs simultaneously checking party conditions and race conditions. Then thinks like KotBS and Chosens - how would their auras interact because they've never been written to interact before, just a fast initial 'this would break'.
On top of that, I don't think it would prevent people from being in discord...order English and destro English are pretty much the same
Rioz

CountTalabecland

Post#25 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:02 pm

Well first off Ranked is a no go for the vast majority of Order DPS unless you are MDPS. And even then WL/SL is really the only setup. Sure, geared WH can be nice but why take something squishier for no real dmg output gain in either burst or AoE?

Sure there are some really good bust ST Engis and BWs that know how to kite that can make it work, but again, they are so depressingly rare.

Most of the population are PUGs. Most of the Order population PUGs are strictly solo RDPS. When you narrow down the small pop of this server to capable Order players/classes, I am amazed ranked ever pops out side of like 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM EU.

As with every game mode for Order, spam Slayers.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

mekal

Post#26 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:07 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:02 pm Well first off Ranked is a no go for the vast majority of Order DPS unless you are MDPS. And even then WL/SL is really the only setup. Sure, geared WH can be nice but why take something squishier for no real dmg output gain in either burst or AoE?

Sure there are some really good bust ST Engis and BWs that know how to kite that can make it work, but again, they are so depressingly rare.

Most of the population are PUGs. Most of the Order population PUGs are strictly solo RDPS. When you narrow down the small pop of this server to capable Order players/classes, I am amazed ranked ever pops out side of like 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM EU.

As with every game mode for Order, spam Slayers.
ughhh please check what you write you act as if people dont que wtv the hell they want on both sides
order can easily go any dps class in ranked the same as destro can since guess what ITS PUGS unless you get team stacking
any class with a decent player is viable the problem is most people are used to zerg surfing and using negative brain power that they dont understand some classes need more than 3 buttons

people that whine about not being able to win in pug vs pug imo are just lacking in game knowledge

BelligerentBob

Post#27 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 pm

I would always stop queueing for the same reasons:

1. Queue times are too long on Destro. Good luck getting into a game as any archetype. On Order, you can play anything and get a pop within a reasonable time, so I'd often switch.
2. Switching to Order means you will most likely lose unless you get queue stackers.
3. Most rage quits I've done were while playing a healer. I'm a good loser, but you can only do so much without a shield or stagger. You're are the mercy of armor stacking Witch Elves and 1-ply toilet paper Iron Breakers. My favorite is when you see a caster class S-keying while getting focused :lol:
4. Toxicity. Your team starts losing and that's when all the gatekeeping and slurs come out. You could have played perfectly the whole match, but you miss one guard swap or you get caught out of position and suddenly you're Pepe Pasteater.
5. If no one is streaming Ranked, then no one is queueing Ranked -.-

Unless the rewards for Season 2 are BIS I seriously doubt the game mode will be active a month after the patch. The NB change revealed the community is casual and lacking in mechanical skill.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

oaliaen

Post#28 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:26 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 pm I would always stop queueing for the same reasons:

1. Queue times are too long on Destro. Good luck getting into a game as any archetype. On Order, you can play anything and get a pop within a reasonable time, so I'd often switch.
2. Switching to Order means you will most likely lose unless you get queue stackers.
3. Most rage quits I've done were while playing a healer. I'm a good loser, but you can only do so much without a shield or stagger. You're are the mercy of armor stacking Witch Elves and 1-ply toilet paper Iron Breakers. My favorite is when you see a caster class S-keying while getting focused :lol:
4. Toxicity. Your team starts losing and that's when all the gatekeeping and slurs come out. You could have played perfectly the whole match, but you miss one guard swap or you get caught out of position and suddenly you're Pepe Pasteater.
5. If no one is streaming Ranked, then no one is queueing Ranked -.-

Unless the rewards for Season 2 are BIS I seriously doubt the game mode will be active a month after the patch. The NB change revealed the community is casual and lacking in mechanical skill.
True, s2 is coming..do it right and ppl will start to back to game.

Ads
Earthcake

Post#29 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 am

BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 pm
The NB change revealed the community is casual and lacking in mechanical skill.
Wait, you mean people playing a non competitive dead game are casual and lacking in mechanical skill ?

Who would have thought ?!
Well, everyone should have cause it's fairly obvious. If you are an A M A Z I N G player, you go play an active game where you'll earn millions.

If you are here with us, then you are as bad as the rest of us, sorry.

agemennon675

Post#30 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:59 am

Earthcake wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 am
BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:09 pm
The NB change revealed the community is casual and lacking in mechanical skill.
Wait, you mean people playing a non competitive dead game are casual and lacking in mechanical skill ?

Who would have thought ?!
Well, everyone should have cause it's fairly obvious. If you are an A M A Z I N G player, you go play an active game where you'll earn millions.

If you are here with us, then you are as bad as the rest of us, sorry.
There is no other game that is pvp focused and no-cash shop on the market, literally 0. I am extremely suprised that a game like this one where main selling point is “PVP” had this many NB players who appearently cant play without it. I thought we had most talented pvp players in this game but many of then proved to be NB users. Literally TTK is slowed down in the lakes
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer