Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Random scenarios

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Asherdoom

Re: [Suggestion] Random scenarios

Post#11 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:41 pm
GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:55 am Numerous changes to the SC queue code have been done already and the end-result is always the same. Everyone would like all scenario instances to be balanced, that's a goal for us.

But when you have to choose between 1 scenario every hour or several scenarios per hour, you'll go with the latter. Even if it's at the cost of some imbalance.

That's the harsh fact that you need to understand in order to stop disorienting the developers. We cannot have perfectly balanced scenarios and offer pops at a reasonable pace.
is possible, then, increase a little the reward for scenario loss in term of exp? for example in my 34 toon yesterday i won scenario and got 65k about exp. Lost the next one while still actively participating and got barely 7k...
If we start increasing rewards for losers - what's the point of trying to win.
i mean shrink the difference between loss and win considering random setup and composition.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: [Suggestion] Random scenarios

Post#12 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:48 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:46 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:41 pm
is possible, then, increase a little the reward for scenario loss in term of exp? for example in my 34 toon yesterday i won scenario and got 65k about exp. Lost the next one while still actively participating and got barely 7k...
If we start increasing rewards for losers - what's the point of trying to win.
i mean shrink the difference between loss and win considering random setup and composition.
The amount of variables to take into account when determining rewards is a huge ? when it comes to functioning correctly.

XP gains are based from points earned - regardless of Win or Loss. So even if you're playing with an unfavoured setup, if you focus on objectives on maps which allow it - you can still get good XP.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.