Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Random scenarios

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Asherdoom

[Suggestion] Random scenarios

Post#1 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am

Especially during leveling, scenarios are a real mess (checked in both sides)
I propose to introduce a queue system that make, for example, a scenario of 12 person have 4 heal 4 tank and 4 dpsers, like should be. Too many times you see bg made of whole dps or maybe 8 heal and no tank and 1 dps etc. A queue system would b alance them. (pretty much more or less like the ranked scenario one)

Ads
Gangan

Re: [Suggestion] Random scenarios

Post#2 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:09 am

It has been tried several times. This will make sc-pops take much longer snd people will start to whine, because they can't play scs. No matter what you try, you will never please all ;)
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Asherdoom

Post#3 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:32 am

Gangan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:09 am It has been tried several times. This will make sc-pops take much longer snd people will start to whine, because they can't play scs. No matter what you try, you will never please all ;)
yeah and actually whine cuz scenario imbalance in game chat. Whiners will always exist. And for short sc times ppl will reroll.

Deviance01

Post#4 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:21 am

Gangan wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:09 am It has been tried several times. This will make sc-pops take much longer snd people will start to whine, because they can't play scs. No matter what you try, you will never please all ;)

Yes cause people want to play the game and level their toon in a reasonable rate.
Talking about T2/3
There is no alternative in the game right now to match levelling rate in SCs.
PVE xp rate is low and you dont get RR so you are doomed at 40.
ORVR xp is minimal to non existent for fresh t2 toons. It will take x50 times more to lvl up in lakes than in SCs.
So basically if they would increase the xp gain for 16-39 in lakes to somehow match SCs (or at least be close enough)
people wouldn't complain as much and wouldn't mind RvR-ing while waiting in a longer queues for a balanced and enjoyable SC.
" As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion. "

Unholy - Chaos Marauder

Auzor

Post#5 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:04 am

I do agree some sort of changes would be highly welcome.
However, there's simply not enough tanks & healers for a 2/2/2 division.
Then, there's how do you interpret a 2-hander? a 'dps' healer?

------------------------------------------------

Suggested changes:
* minimum of 1 healer per group in scenario.
* Hold of on entering more people on 1 side, until both sides have players in the scenario (playing 8 vs 12 for several minutes is garbage... seriously, what loser thinks this is okay??)
* a minimum of 1 tank per group could be considered

----------------------------------------------------

* expand the (scenario) party group: 8 players. Now consider introducing a demand of 2 healers, 2 tanks. Now only 1/4th the people needs to be a healer/tank, instead of 1/3rd.
I suspect this will also line up more with the global population; and it certainly lines up with the classes: each race has 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 Mdps, 1 Rdps. Expecting that line-up to result in 1/3rd healers/tanks, is unrealistic; without even accounting for many people rolling Dps; or some healer-classes being used for Dps.
I suspect the 2 healers/2 tank demand will still lead to too long queue's, so I'd initially stick to either 1 healer, 1 tank, or 2 healers per group minimum.

Imo, such a change could also be considered for things like ranked; it would be a big change-up, and should lead to faster matches: more outgoing dmg means healers have a harder time keeping every one alive.

I am not sure it'd be a good idea for open RvR at all....

Healer-wise, tactics like 'cleanse everyone in the party', heal everyone in the party etc, become more valuable, as they affect/heal 33% more people.
In a sort of way, this can also help tanks like SM/BO that don't have orders, but do have shields and some abilities affected everyone in their *party*; where-as Chosen/KotBS don't give a f about such things. (even IB/BG have some abilities IIRC affecting the *party*)

a full-full warband, would be 3 x 8 = 24 people.
I think it's difficult enough as is to fully fill a WB, that I'd not encourage increasing WB size to 4 x 8 = 32.

Another thing for scenario's, especially order-related, is perhaps to *limit* the amount of healers.
WP is such a 'favorite' class, that it seems order often has 5 healers (say: 3 WP, 1 archmage, 1 RP) in a 6-12 man scenario. GL killing things, and even more luck needed to keep it dead: you *finally* kill one of the WP's... and 3s later he's back up, and insta-hotted to full health...

facundo7777

Post#6 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:40 am

the one and only fix is to highly increase xp from rvr

Asherdoom

Post#7 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:58 am

the issue si, the losing faction get no exp of any relevance. Most of times i saw scenarios lost simply because of setup, hence my suggestion.
Auzor suggestion are very nice aswell

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#8 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:55 am

Numerous changes to the SC queue code have been done already and the end-result is always the same. Everyone would like all scenario instances to be balanced, that's a goal for us.

But when you have to choose between 1 scenario every hour or several scenarios per hour, you'll go with the latter. Even if it's at the cost of some imbalance.

That's the harsh fact that you need to understand in order to stop disorienting the developers. We cannot have perfectly balanced scenarios and offer pops at a reasonable pace.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#9 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:41 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:55 am Numerous changes to the SC queue code have been done already and the end-result is always the same. Everyone would like all scenario instances to be balanced, that's a goal for us.

But when you have to choose between 1 scenario every hour or several scenarios per hour, you'll go with the latter. Even if it's at the cost of some imbalance.

That's the harsh fact that you need to understand in order to stop disorienting the developers. We cannot have perfectly balanced scenarios and offer pops at a reasonable pace.
is possible, then, increase a little the reward for scenario loss in term of exp? for example in my 34 toon yesterday i won scenario and got 65k about exp. Lost the next one while still actively participating and got barely 7k...

Kaelang

Post#10 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:41 pm
GamesBond wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:55 am Numerous changes to the SC queue code have been done already and the end-result is always the same. Everyone would like all scenario instances to be balanced, that's a goal for us.

is possible, then, increase a little the reward for scenario loss in term of exp? for example in my 34 toon yesterday i won scenario and got 65k about exp. Lost the next one while still actively participating and got barely 7k...
If we start increasing rewards for losers - what's the point of trying to win.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.