Recent Topics

Ads

mmr everywhere

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Asherdoom

Re: mmr everywhere

Post#11 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:46 pm

MedV wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:38 pm All this encourages is people to stop queing if they look like they will keep losing instead of building momentum.
Which is the polar opposite of what you should be doin as devs. Scenarios take ages already to pop. if you discourage peoples with MMR would not be much better..

Ads
Kaelang

Post#12 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:48 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:46 pm
MedV wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:38 pm All this encourages is people to stop queing if they look like they will keep losing instead of building momentum.
Which is the polar opposite of what you should be doin as devs. Scenarios take ages already to pop. if you discourage peoples with MMR would not be much better..
As already mentioned in the patch notes - and on this thread. The 'MMR' for normal scenarios has no impact on the queues.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:08 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:48 pm
As already mentioned in the patch notes - and on this thread. The 'MMR' for normal scenarios has no impact on the queues.
u've been thinking the same about upper and lower bracket for ranked solo?

Kaelang

Post#14 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:10 pm

ufthakk wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:08 pm
Have you read the patch notes about this?
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

CountTalabecland

Post#15 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Toxic behavior didn't appear with MMR. It existed before, and clearly the problem is with the ppl who will latch onto literally information possible to try to be superior to someone else.

Before these same ppl would say I'm higher damage >rank > meta than you and u sux."

The MMR is fine, the devs rightfully shouldn't be afraid to add things like this for fear of toxic ppl because as this server has shown over and over, those people will always be there and they will use anything as a weapon.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:10 pm
ufthakk wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:08 pm

Have you read the patch notes about this?
Yes, ty! Still wasn't a good idea in the first place imho.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:59 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:18 pm Toxic behavior didn't appear with MMR.

those people will always be there and they will use anything as a weapon.
I mean, they don't need to always be there. Just takes a couple button pushes to report chat for toxic behavior and a magical hammer fairy will visit them at night to collect their teeth.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Tabelrel

Post#18 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:14 pm

Just a question does the MMR score really need to be there? I can kind of understand why it is possibly there with ranked where there is at least some semblence of match making but not in a normal SC where you end up with 5 Squig herders and a WE vs a balanced team or vice versa.

If it doesn't matter and has no input to the team you have, why show it? I don't care what my MMR is (and for reference mine is fairly average for sc, high for city, though a few cities in organised WB's vs BW's and WH's means again nothing) but to some people it will and we don't want people not playing SC's because they know an Order or Destro pre-made is in the field and therefore it will adversely affect their MMR and nothing they can do about it just because of non-existent match making.

I've already seen over the last few days a level of narkiness and back handed comments creeping in that wasn't there before or people disconnecting mid-way through matches if it ins't going there way. All low grade nothingness and nothing you would report but not something you generally found outside ranked. To some people their MMR matters and they treat it seriously as if somehow it reflects how good they are as a player, but in normal SC's come-on we just don't need a degree of toxicity creeping in that destroyed ranked or having people just stop queuing normal Sc's until one side has the advantage is ridiculous.

I think just get rid of it from normal sc's and from cities as well, as it means absoultely nothing just creates a whole load salt for no reason.
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#19 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:31 pm

After an internal discussion, MMR will be hidden again in normal scenarios but will remain visible in City Sieges and Ranked Matches.