Recent Topics

Ads

limiting number of roles per scenario

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grasthard

limiting number of roles per scenario

Post#1 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:16 am

pretty sure this might have been suggested already, but what about capping the amount or roles in each scenario in order ot have more balanced gameplay?

i am referring specifically to the amount of healer/tanks/dps that can join in each scenario. for instance, in a 6v6, you can have maximum 2 healer and 2 tanks (no minimum), in 12v12, 3 healers and 3 tanks etc etc.

the main advantage of this change would be to create a more balanced scenario environment, avoiding the situation in which one side has 4-5 healers and 4-5 tanks in a 10-12 man scenario and that side becomes pretty much unkillable, resulting in a one-sided stomp. this situation is pretty common, I would say it happens around 90% of the cases, especially in 16-39 scenarios.

The main drawback of this suggestion is obviously queue waiting time, as the system needs to match players based on role, and not just throwing anything in. However, personally, I would definitely have longer waiting times in exchange for a more balanced experience, rather than popping 3 scenarios in which one side just stomps the other relentlessly.

Best

Grasthard

Ads
TikumeTikume

Re: limiting number of roles per scenario

Post#2 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:24 am

Its been tried more than once and every time the que times skyrocket and the community rages against it.

The solution is obvious, make your own group or live with the fact that you join solo. I dont mean this in any disrespectful way but its a choice to join solo.