Recent Topics

Ads

The Removal of Cow Pies

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Onemantankwall

The Removal of Cow Pies

Post#1 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:18 pm

Hello is been a good bit since I posted a thread!

This thread has come about from a RoR discord conversation about Cow Pies and their removal. I'd like to use it to discuss the topic.

To begin, before creating this thread I tried to do my research and find exactly which patch Cow Pies and its contribution system/roll disappeared but it seems it was silently taking out by one of the team members. Upon asking around the discord I have found out that the Special White Bags and their pies within were removed due to staff believing this minimum contribution reward was mean and offense to the players.

While not being offended by the reward system and receiving/using the Cow Pies, I am offended and think its mean to have it secretly taken away without discussion or notice.

On the contrary I (as a player) have missed the bag roll, the pies, and the animation after eating one of such pies.
In my experience I have not met anyone in game who either complained about the pies or stated that they were a issue.
Those of the player base who didn't partake in the using of the Cow Pies were happy to sell them for a quick 25 silver.

I know this thread may come off as silly but the game has lost a unique character animation and the experience of receiving the Cow Pies, stacking them, and using them on your favorite enemies was a blast and will surely be missed. Gone are the days of swapping hilarious cow pie stories with the guildies of who it was used on and what led up to it.

From one of the players of RoR i humbly ask you to return the special loot bags and their pies or bring the pies back in another form for example: a merchant in the city so that we may once again use the pies and have access to the animation.

Thank you for your time!
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
TARDIONm

Re: The Removal of Cow Pies

Post#2 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:36 pm

now a fashionable policy of tolerance, poop offends people. lol xd)
FMJ

Bavradai

Post#3 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:49 pm

The loss of cow pies was a dire blow to those of us who enjoyed the rich texture and aroma that came with opening up a white bag. Truly, these were a flavour item of the highest quality.

Also, what happened to /chairsit?

paperclipdog

Post#4 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 pm

Cow pies serve no purpose and cause massive lag if many are used at the same time.

Blast pots also cause massive lag but at least they have a small purpose (dmg).

Onemantankwall

Post#5 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:26 am

paperclipdog wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 pm Cow pies serve no purpose and cause massive lag if many are used at the same time.

purposes:

1. Unique animation
2. can be sold for 25 silver
3. can be used for roleplaying
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Scottx125

Post#6 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:57 am

paperclipdog wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 pm Cow pies serve no purpose and cause massive lag if many are used at the same time.

Just because something doesn't serve a practical purpose doesn't make it pointless. It's a fun little thing that gives players agency to roleplay with it. Or if they don't want to do that they can sell it. And everything causes massive lag if enough players do it. And to anyone who gets offended by poop, you might as well cork yourself up for eternity.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Vri

Post#7 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:56 am

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:57 am

Just because something doesn't serve a practical purpose doesn't make it pointless. It's a fun little thing that gives players agency to roleplay with it. Or if they don't want to do that they can sell it. And everything causes massive lag if enough players do it. And to anyone who gets offended by poop, you might as well cork yourself up for eternity.
He isnt here to have fun.

Rydiak

Post#8 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:26 am

I miss cow pies. They were fun to use and funny when used for comedic effect.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Misaji

Post#9 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:17 pm

People are being offended about everything nowadays and such changes just prove how out of touch, and dismissive the team is with dealing with whiney players, next step is to ban people for "corpse jumping".
Bashmasta
Grobarsh

Onigokko0101

Post#10 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Misaji wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:17 pm People are being offended about everything nowadays and such changes just prove how out of touch, and dismissive the team is with dealing with whiney players, next step is to ban people for "corpse jumping".
iirc people already have been warned for corpse jumping, so it could very much result in a ban.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard