Recent Topics

Ads

Magus/Engi idea's that hopefully arent terrible.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grious

Magus/Engi idea's that hopefully arent terrible.

Post#1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:28 pm

I may not have as much time as an Engi as some of you but I've always loved the class and after reading some of these forums and asking around they don't seem to be in a good spot for a lot of endgame with burst and mobility issues. Ive got a few ideas about mobility that hopefully don't sound too broken to anyone. Again I am an average player so if at the high skill end of the spectrum these aren't an issue just ignore it. Ive have not really played the Magus so I am not sure what all their skills are called so I will mainly be using Engi terms so just apply them to their Magus counterparts.

1) Instant Deployment - The idea is to change the skill from its current 2s cast time to an instant cast with a 2s deploy time. This way the time between casting the turret and the time it can start doing damage is the same but the time the caster has to remain stationary to build is removed. Nothing too complicated, instead of standing there for 2 seconds building, you drop the box and 2 seconds later the turret pops out.

2) Well Oiled Machine Tactic - Still spawns the turret instantly instead of having to wait for the thing to build itself but also gives stacks instantly on turret deployment. First idea was for it to just give max stacks as soon as the turret was built but if that is too powerful could give em half stacks or increase the stack rate.

Those were the two main ideas that i thought would be the best way to increase mobility and not shake up too much. The next one was more complicated and involved making a few new skill/buff that I am not entirely sure is possible atmo. The idea of giving Engi loner has been suggested before and I think the general consensus was that just giving other classes tactics to them was not the way to go about it so I came up with something that is similar but should feel different enough from loner so not just feel like a copy paste. The Bonuses are just examples of what you could do and are not set in stone obviously.

Weapon Augmentation / Daemonic Infusion - 10% Damage Increase. Using a Summon Turret skill will instead apply a buff to the caster depending on which turret is used.

Gun Turret - On-Hit: 30% Cast speed on rifleman skills for 10s

Flame Turret - On Being Hit: 25% Armor / Resistances Increase for 10s

Grenade - On- Hit: 10% Chance for Firebomb to hit twice.

Overall I don't expect these changes to suddenly make engi meta or anything but I do hope to improve their mobility in roaming play and give them an option to untether themselves from their turrets. One last thing that has nothing to do with mobility but can we please make the landmine an interrupt instead of a stagger because watching someone throw a landmine into the napalm patch and basically give away free immunities makes me die a little inside.

Ads
paperclipdog

Re: Magus/Engi idea's that hopefully arent terrible.

Post#2 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:58 am

Since Engi works very much like Magus mobility should be a non-issue when AOE specced. Make good use of Bombardment Turret and the Well-Oiled Machine tactic.

For Single target I'd say it's manageable though you really can't keep up with BW/Sorc mobility who can do very good burst while moving.

8 Months ago people said Magus damage is "fluff" and bad untill they realised how good it actually is when played well. A few pet-buffs and damage nerfs later and now Magus even gets a dedicated spot in some City groups.

I wish I had an Engi to test it in City and see if the AOE dmg is just undertuned compared to BW & rSW or if people are just too stuck in their ways like they were (are) on destro.

All in all I don't think you need major reworks, just damage tweaks if anything.

Stophy22

Post#3 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:40 am

I like the ideas, pretty simple changes to fix a known/wide issue with the class. The only problem is how the tactic well oiled machine will just be so mandatory now as it just fixes what's wrong with the class.

Is this a bad or a good? Lets see what the community thinks!
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Grious

Post#4 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:29 am

Stophy22 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:40 am I like the ideas, pretty simple changes to fix a known/wide issue with the class. The only problem is how the tactic well oiled machine will just be so mandatory now as it just fixes what's wrong with the class.

Is this a bad or a good? Lets see what the community thinks!
Good point, I had initially wanted to remove how mandatory that tactic felt but I kind of went full circle. I went this stack idea because how it is now would be somewhat pointless with the proposed turret change. Then again personally id rather it be pointless than a mandatory tactic slot

geezereur

Post#5 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:58 am

I would like this since the 25% dam nerf.
1) Instant Deployment without a tactic.