Recent Topics

Ads

[Ranked] Conclusions and suggestions after first week season 2

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Keula

Re: [Ranked] Conclusions and suggestions after first week season 2

Post#21 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:18 pm

The current state of balance summed up nicely
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ads
Mergrim

Post#22 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:01 pm

Keula wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:18 pm Image

Unfortunately, this is how it looks like. There is 2-3 good engi on ranked now. Not seen single good bw on season2.
Sadly but choppa bring only m4 and chopp fasta on ranked, no pressure before m4, that can be easy counter vs 1 good healer/tank with def morale ready.
There is also only few good WE/Mara. I give up for today after 3sc with 0 dmg we/choppa...
Slayer>Choppa, Sorc>Bw, Engi=Magius, SH>SW, Mara=WL, WH=WE, this is how it look now but highest gap is beetwen choppa and slayer.

Spectre013

Post#23 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:58 pm

BUt GaMe Is BAlAnceD oN rVR :D

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#24 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:31 pm

Doing GroupRanked is like fighting against windmills that have slayers attached to the wings.

Strakar

Post#25 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:30 am

ufthakk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:31 pm Doing GroupRanked is like fighting against windmills that have slayers attached to the wings.
I wish, this weekend I got 6 games in and only 2 with a single slayer.

Unless I can play on the weekend around lunch this content is cutoff to NA prime players who have jobs and families. At least we can pve zones for bags of rvr gear, NA destro doesn't even get that.

While we're throwing out ideas, what if we didn't have to balance orvr and ranked? For example, give rdps classes lower cooldowns on their defensive skills but only in ranked? Tweak a few things on less desired classes. Give SM/BO a punt that works off parry too but only activated for ranked. Then remove class restrictions on queues. Faster pops, more inclusive.

Alucard2010

Post#26 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:08 am

Mergrim wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:01 pm
Keula wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:18 pm Image

Unfortunately, this is how it looks like. There is 2-3 good engi on ranked now. Not seen single good bw on season2.
Sadly but choppa bring only m4 and chopp fasta on ranked, no pressure before m4, that can be easy counter vs 1 good healer/tank with def morale ready.
There is also only few good WE/Mara. I give up for today after 3sc with 0 dmg we/choppa...
Slayer>Choppa, Sorc>Bw, Engi=Magius, SH>SW, Mara=WL, WH=WE, this is how it look now but highest gap is beetwen choppa and slayer.
WH = WE huh? Good to know.

Caduceus

Post#27 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:43 am

I don't think the class balance in ranked is that bad. I had expected worse. Most classes seem to have players pushing a positive win/loss balance meaning they will reach 1000 mmr if they keep playing. BW is the (only?) exception to this.

The queue stacking and cherry picking is what worries me more, because frequent mismatches is what is going to push people away from ranked.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#28 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:57 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:43 am I don't think the class balance in ranked is that bad. I had expected worse. Most classes seem to have players pushing a positive win/loss balance meaning they will reach 1000 mmr if they keep playing. BW is the (only?) exception to this.

The queue stacking and cherry picking is what worries me more, because frequent mismatches is what is going to push people away from ranked.
Well maybe que stacking and cherry picking has something to do with "Most classes seem to have players pushing a positive win/loss "

Ads
Gladiolix

Post#29 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:20 am

For the sole reason of the Triumphat insignias, the ranked is not worth the hassle, for me at least. Would love the gear but since the jewel is unachievable for ranked noob like me, it just totally turns me off from the whole game mode...

abezverkhiy

Post#30 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:42 am

Gladiolix wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:20 am For the sole reason of the Triumphat insignias, the ranked is not worth the hassle, for me at least. Would love the gear but since the jewel is unachievable for ranked noob like me, it just totally turns me off from the whole game mode...
Same. I had my share of 'excitement' with WoW-arenas and takeaway is to stay away from those parts of mmo's that produce stress and toxicity.

Hope this mode of the game won't made the pinnacle.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354