Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman Ere We Goes Again Tactic

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Gaave

Shaman Ere We Goes Again Tactic

Post#1 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:04 pm

"Ere We Goes Again" tactic from the Shaman's Path of Gork Mastery tree increases the group buff "'Ere We Go!" to have all party members within 100ft deal an additional 150 Elemental Damage on their next 2 attacks over the next 10 seconds. The ability "'Ere We Go!" has a 10 second cooldown. This means in the best case scenario this will change the damage of the ability from 750 (125 damage multiplied by 6 party members) to 1800 (150 damage multiplied by 6 party members multiplied by 2 attacks). This tactic's direct counter part on the Archmage is the "Radiant Burst" tactic which makes the Archmage ability "Radiant Lance" effect all targets within 15ft of the ability's target. In the worst case scenario no secondary target is within 15ft of the target, as such no additional damage is dealt. When 1 target is within range for the tactic to work we see the damage over 10 seconds is equal to 1720 spirit damage. The difference between the Shaman's best case of 1800 and the Archmage's non-worst case is 80 damage in the Shaman's favor.

Figures for this were taken from https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: Shaman Ere We Goes Again Tactic

Post#2 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:46 pm

I missed your suggestion.. are you saying they should buff one of the worst AoE in the game, because even if an AM spends 10 secs casting it's still less dmg than a single shaman instant cast that is also one of the best group morale pumps?
think you are right, they should make it 20-25ft
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Dabbart

Post#3 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:49 pm

And?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Fey

Post#4 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:40 am

If you have a 40/40 shaman you can open a balance suggestion topic for this ability.

It's not clear what you would like done here. Ere We Go! has been nerfed and then un-nerfed somewhat, so the balance team is perfectly aware of its issues. It's a potent morale builder, but morale gain and morale abilities themselves have been heavily tuned down. Stacking morale direct damage is much less punishing than it used to be. Aside from tweaking morale gain from this ability/tactic the dev team's time is better spent on 2-hand choppa/slayer and rolling out the chosen/kotbs aura adjustments.

You have opened a topic about, You Really Got Nuthin, ability as well. I'd suggest the same advice if you would like it looked at. Directly comparing abilities to the class mirror just won't get you very far.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Gaave

Post#5 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:28 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:46 pm I missed your suggestion.. are you saying they should buff one of the worst AoE in the game, because even if an AM spends 10 secs casting it's still less dmg than a single shaman instant cast that is also one of the best group morale pumps?
think you are right, they should make it 20-25ft
I am suggesting that either the AM option needs to be changed or the Shaman option needs to be changed or buffed as their damage is wildly different. The AM option is vastly superior damage wise.

Gaave

Post#6 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:30 am

Fey wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:40 am If you have a 40/40 shaman you can open a balance suggestion topic for this ability.

It's not clear what you would like done here. Ere We Go! has been nerfed and then un-nerfed somewhat, so the balance team is perfectly aware of its issues. It's a potent morale builder, but morale gain and morale abilities themselves have been heavily tuned down. Stacking morale direct damage is much less punishing than it used to be. Aside from tweaking morale gain from this ability/tactic the dev team's time is better spent on 2-hand choppa/slayer and rolling out the chosen/kotbs aura adjustments.

You have opened a topic about, You Really Got Nuthin, ability as well. I'd suggest the same advice if you would like it looked at. Directly comparing abilities to the class mirror just won't get you very far.
Could you explain how it is a morale builder?

Caduceus

Post#7 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:13 am

I agree this tactic could be tweaked a bit, but 1800 damage extra burst is nothing to be scoffed at and can easily make the difference between a failed and successful burst rotation.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

wachlarz

Post#8 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:19 am

Gaave wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:04 pm "Ere We Goes Again" tactic from the Shaman's Path of Gork Mastery tree increases the group buff "'Ere We Go!" to have all party members within 100ft deal an additional 150 Elemental Damage on their next 2 attacks over the next 10 seconds. The ability "'Ere We Go!" has a 10 second cooldown. This means in the best case scenario this will change the damage of the ability from 750 (125 damage multiplied by 6 party members) to 1800 (150 damage multiplied by 6 party members multiplied by 2 attacks). This tactic's direct counter part on the Archmage is the "Radiant Burst" tactic which makes the Archmage ability "Radiant Lance" effect all targets within 15ft of the ability's target. In the worst case scenario no secondary target is within 15ft of the target, as such no additional damage is dealt. When 1 target is within range for the tactic to work we see the damage over 10 seconds is equal to 1720 spirit damage. The difference between the Shaman's best case of 1800 and the Archmage's non-worst case is 80 damage in the Shaman's favor.

Figures for this were taken from https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/
I can write solo shaman make only 150x2 dmg in 10 sec vs like U write 1700 in 10 sec Am. I can write too: party members need to survive to hit somthing to make dmg. So i can write: sham 150x2dmg vs 1700 dmg Am so 1400 dmg Am favor. So buff shaman some tac to make this skill more dmg in single target 😁

Ads
Gangan

Post#9 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:15 am

Gaave wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:30 am
Fey wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:40 am If you have a 40/40 shaman you can open a balance suggestion topic for this ability.

Could you explain how it is a morale builder?
Check the tactic "Get movin'". It generates moral when hitting with "ere we go".
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Gaave

Post#10 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Caduceus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:13 am I agree this tactic could be tweaked a bit, but 1800 damage extra burst is nothing to be scoffed at and can easily make the difference between a failed and successful burst rotation.
1800 is the best case scenario, it requires all party members be alive, within 100ft, not CC'd, and make 2 attacks over 10 seconds.