Recent Topics

Ads

[Ranked]Let's fix ranked games before they die.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mergrim

Re: [Ranked]Let's fix ranked games before they die.

Post#151 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:16 pm

TARDIONm wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:36 pm
Mergrim wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:25 pm
TARDIONm wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:41 pm

lol , ok , in lower bracket mb not half match vs double , but in my mmr im see next cituation(Tupak/CluCLu/DwarfofEkrund/Zunig/Narcotix/Ramrog,Doeselhurt/Beutybeast/Jezzacryst/Kodiak/Bodevildje/Blin/Isio/Khazzak/Tengry - its slayers, and 50-60% matches i play vs one of these guys combined) perfect
And? you already win many games vs double slayer when you have 2xWE or 1WE/SH.
Ohh no i play order, why i meet Krima/Advarka/Lucy/Aterdeheal/Jurki/Teefz etc on higher bracker in 70-90% my fight?
This is problem, ranked is dead so you don't have any new ppl on upper bracket.

Things that killed the ranked:
-discord
-1k mmr isnignia drop(I would like to know who from players suggested this)
-devs
lol its not double slayer , you know?hahah
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have started discussing with you. I thought you were smarter.

Another day again no ranked?:D can we finish season 2 already? and start hype about season 3 inc in 1year?

Ads
Teefz

Post#152 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 pm

theoddone wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:09 pm Just add 10 insignias for completing the weekly?

That way sub 1k players can get insignias, but still have to win 10 matches.
This would be a simply fix, that would allow everyone - including 0 mmr people - to feel some form of progression.

Amdus

Post#153 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:59 am

Maybe we should start elaborating a list of things that most people agrees on, and debate these if what we want is to save ranked.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#154 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:58 am

Maybe, but it needs a trial and error method instead of waiting for months.

skylinx

Post#155 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:12 am

i think adding insignias to weekly/monthly reward will drag ranked quality down too much

- people will open the scoreboard and give up before its even started
- other will be happy to just keep throwing until they grind easy wins
- atm 50/50 ish win would get you to 1k mmr, that will drop as winning wont be as important and people will have 10-20% win rates, probably much less then this
- ranked has brought a slightly new way of playing your toons, how you can minmax your 6v6 build. that will stop

what ranked needs is an equal playing field between all classes

- would it be possible to limit (so debolster) everyone to say rr60 and rr60 gear?
- could you use the Garden of Qu-aph as a joining area? where when you entrer you get debolstered, have to change your gear to max rr60 and theres already career and renown trainers there. limit joining ranked from there
- also limit joining to rr60+. skill lvls may be different but having BiS vs just one Conq is not fun
- one of each class only per match, so no double slayer, double kobs. no more quad doks...
- remove shield spec WP/DoK or balance. if only one side has one, they have an instant advantage as they should only have 50/50 of the dps or heal build potential but instead have about 80% dps 90% heal...

ashton007

Post#156 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:55 pm

The problem I had was running into very badly skilled/geared players that were just in there trying to farm the set pieces. They don’t care about actually winning they just want the meds. There needs to be a separate way to farm those for people that don’t care about MMR, after about 20 games (I have almost all of the screenshots) I found myself doing most of the damage as a tank and almost all of the protection while still being the sole punt. I am getting grieved because I can’t get my MMR off of zero and so after 4 wins-18 loss-4 draws I am throwing in the towel. All of the good players are already 1k+MMR and if you didn’t start at the beginning of the season getting off 0mmr feels impossible.

BloodsunEV

Post#157 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:42 pm

i was actually suprised ranked was implemented in game at all, since devs are working at speed of the snail . its been 7 years and game is still not finished, most wow private servers are fully fledged within few years with just few programers. Last year ranked was totaly dead sadly and i had quit the game after trying it out for a few days , season 2 still dead, the mmr system and other stuff doesnt really matter ,increasing the rewards would help for sure to descrease que times. Skill cap for warhammer pvp is extremely low , engine is terrible and client feels like 1 sec batching so it makes sense why no one is playing, warband vs warband pvp seems more appealing and requires at least some coordination, implementing rated 24v24 battles would get me back playing ,fore some time at least, but player pop is too low for that i guess

Mergrim

Post#158 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Another week and still 0 ranked fix.
How many solo ranked games we have in this week? 0-3?:D
How many ppl finishied ranked weekly event? - 0?:D

Ads