Recent Topics

Ads

Nordenwatch Weekend Event

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ShadowWalker

Nordenwatch Weekend Event

Post#1 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:26 pm

It has been awhile since I posted - probably over a year. However, I was a bit surprised that to see that you must participate in the Nordenwatch scenario 20 times to complete the weekend event, so I felt the need to post. Typically, the participation count is ten, which seems reasonable. Twenty is just too many times, in my opinion. If you get four or five SC pops in an hour, it will take a half day to complete the SC event. Please consider reducing the participation count back to ten. I feel that number is much more in line. Besides, who wants to spend an entire Summer weekend gaming? I enjoy RoR, but I enjoy life too. :)

Ads
agemennon675

Re: Nordenwatch Weekend Event

Post#2 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:59 pm

Dont worry 25 kills on each flag might take more than 20 games
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

badoglio

Post#3 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:15 pm

probably to test the new "pug event scenario"

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#4 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:35 pm

Dalen noticed the issue with the tasks needed and he adjusted them.

Osred

Post#5 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:14 pm

Yes the kill tasks are a bit skewed too. For order technically you’ll need to be pushed back to lighthouse to even get the kill count up which is a bit counter intuitive. If you’re playing well that shouldn’t even happen which makes the task harder to complete.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Meliannia

Post#6 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:35 pm

its reverted back to pug queue only

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#7 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:13 pm

Yes. Unfortunately what happened was a simple miscommunication between myself and the devs, which we tried to fix but it required more work than expected, on top of a server restart.

The Weekend Warfront SC will remain in its current state (pug sc queue and hard tasks) until the server restarts, hopefully Saturday morning - can't be sure about the hour yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

wonshot

Post#8 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:50 am

GamesBond wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:13 pm Yes. Unfortunately what happened was a simple miscommunication between myself and the devs, which we tried to fix but it required more work than expected, on top of a server restart.

The Weekend Warfront SC will remain in its current state (pug sc queue and hard tasks) until the server restarts, hopefully Saturday morning - can't be sure about the hour yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for the transparency, will the warfront be extended for a day or two?
Also on a not so related note. any official word on why the server has not had any patches for two weeks? The timing seems a little odd based on the many big moves on the MMO market. Any upcoming teaser, or simply just summer for the devs?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#9 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:03 am

wonshot wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:50 am Thanks for the transparency, will the warfront be extended for a day or two?
It was still playable by everyone technically, as long as they don't join as groups of 3+. I don't believe it'll be extended, I don't see there's a need for it since the tasks can be done - they'll be easier once the Live Event is updated.

wonshot wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:50 am Also on a not so related note. any official word on why the server has not had any patches for two weeks? The timing seems a little odd based on the many big moves on the MMO market. Any upcoming teaser, or simply just summer for the devs?
A mixture of both I'd say. The devs are still working but could be taking some weekend breaks as well. We're still on track though imo and there will be some action again very soon.

Marchmain

Post#10 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:55 am

Honestly Nordenwatch was much easier to complete than Thunder Valley (the need to win the game with all 5 caps could only be done when your team stomped) or Stonetroll Crossing (which sapped my desire to live).