Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Event tasks feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Klod91

Weekend Event tasks feedback

Post#1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:50 pm

I enjoy doing the Weekend SCs, but some tasks take away the fun.

Often you will be asked to cap ceratin objectives or get kills on them (which is even worse).
The reason why I believe it's bad is beacause it forces people to forgo the goal of winning in order to get the Event tasks done.
In many situations you don't need to cap ceratin BOs if your team is making lots of kills and holding the other BOs.
The current Weekend SC is Nordenwatch. One of the tasks requires you to get kills at the Lighthouse. To get this task done you either have to be loosing, and get pushed back to the spawn, or camp at the Lighhouse to the detriment of other teams/players. While in order to win the SC you might never have to recap the Lighthouse.

As you can see here I didn't get many kills at LH because I was winning most of my SCs (so destro never pushed us to LH) and staying with my team (so I couldn't camp at LH).
https://i.imgur.com/t44rQSw.jpg

This is the current example, but there were some others. I don't remember the names of the SCs, but the idea is the same. Some tasks require you to either be loosing, or play in a way that does not contribute to the winning of the Scenario.

My suggestion would be to change the "Cap [name] BO 10 times" to "Cap any BO 20 times". Same with kills.

Ads
Atropik

Re: Weekend Event tasks feedback

Post#2 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:07 am

Nordenwatch? 20 times? are u guys ok?
Nicelook | Obey

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:20 am

We've been reviewing the weekend warfront tasks in order to have them challenging enough but without being a waste of time. We've already prepared a more realistic version for Nordenwatch tasks but we weren't able to deploy it for several reasons.

Marchmain

Post#4 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:58 am

Honestly I don't think it is needed for every player to be able to complete all tasks and get rewards every week. It is ok if some are difficult even if it is frustrating.

Klod91

Post#5 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Consolidating my previous feedback with the current Event Tasks.
I don't think I need to explain again why letting the enemy cap something just for the sake of the event tasks (and not because they won a fight over that BO) is a bad design(IMHO ofc).

Klod91

Post#6 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Sorry if I sound salty, but it feels really irritating having to play this "I let you cap, then we fight. Then you let me cap and we fight again."

Klod91

Post#7 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:56 pm

Good thing you changed the 2nd stage of the Event to only "kill at BO" without the defend/attack part.

Can something be done about the Ekrund tasks though?
It is impossible to complete a task that specific at this point. There is no activity in Ekrund.

Martok

Post#8 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:08 pm

Klod91 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:56 pmCan something be done about the Ekrund tasks though? It is impossible to complete a task that specific at this point. There is no activity in Ekrund.

Initially I shared this sentiment until I learned the parameters in play. If you go to one of the Ekrund BO's and take the Gates Of Ekrund SC from there, you will get credit for the kill counts required. If your realm controls the BO you get defense credit, if the opposing realm controls the BO you get attack credits. Renders the whole process more agreeable.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Klod91

Post#9 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:25 pm

Martok wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:08 pm
Klod91 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:56 pmCan something be done about the Ekrund tasks though? It is impossible to complete a task that specific at this point. There is no activity in Ekrund.

Initially I shared this sentiment until I learned the parameters in play. If you go to one of the Ekrund BO's and take the Gates Of Ekrund SC from there, you will get credit for the kill counts required. If your realm controls the BO you get defense credit, if the opposing realm controls the BO you get attack credits. Renders the whole process more agreeable.

Any SC works. Not just Ekrund.

And it is harder than you think. I haven't seen Battery and Tower under Destro control for days. Not to mention I would need to get into the pop and have some destro be on that BO, because the moment I walk onto the BO, it will start burning and become neutral. Even if I immediately take a pop.

Also I believe that if in order to complete an event task you need to jump through all these hoops, be online at the correct time, get lucky and sacrifice a goat, then it is bad Event design.

They improved the new one, but I wonder if they can update the Ekrund one. Because there is no point in having it active for the whole duration if you can't complete it.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#10 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Klod91 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:25 pm
Martok wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:08 pm

Any SC works. Not just Ekrund.

And it is harder than you think. I haven't seen Battery and Tower under Destro control for days. Not to mention I would need to get into the pop and have some destro be on that BO, because the moment I walk onto the BO, it will start burning and become neutral. Even if I immediately take a pop.

Also I believe that if in order to complete an event task you need to jump through all these hoops, be online at the correct time, get lucky and sacrifice a goat, then it is bad Event design.

They improved the new one, but I wonder if they can update the Ekrund one. Because there is no point in having it active for the whole duration if you can't complete it.
It is a progressive event, it's normal to fall short on activity when the others have moved on to the latest released part. We have 2 options, either close the event after the second part is released, or keep it open in case the players want to repeat the event on their alts. The latter gives you more hope but both could have minimal activity.

Again, it's a time-based event that progresses and asks players to move forward to newer parts.