Recent Topics

Ads

Delete solo ranked only have grouped

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Yes
55%
No
45%
Total votes: 148

Battlefield

Re: Delete solo ranked only have grouped

Post#11 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:05 am

make solo rankedd 1 vs 1 :D

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#12 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:34 am

Solo ranked should be 8v8 with 4 per party, when there is 1 tank 1 heal 1 mdps 1 range dps then it pops dont matter what the rest classes. Warhammer AoR casters could use spells without los problems when target ran by something like flag etc so they could cast more freely. Make it work like that and ranged could shine espesially with 8v8 with 4 per party. Insanely fun matches quaranteed no mmr etc needed. Only getting points with kills no mechanic or rules where to fight. Also rewards would be based more on personal performance. If fight ends like 500-450 everyone would get rewards based on their dps/absorbs//heal/dmg all these things ( res shouldnt be rewarded bcause some peeps let you die so they can res you which is the most annoying thing healer can do in pvp game=) so technically loser team someone could have more or same amount of tokens/insignias as winners if he had most dmg and deathblows.

8v8 and 4 in party and no flag where to fight there will be different spots where people fight so it can kind of become 4v4 in different corners of the map : D I at least would love mode like this, if my team plays bad i can go with my ranged char and lure someone to 1v1 etc and i will be rewarded if i won 3 solo fights. This is how normal scs should work, and did work AoR. Even if u lost 500-50 but had 3 solo kills and was not uncommon to have most renown gain in that sc. That is how it worked in aor and it felt more rewarding, not so constricted.

EDIT. I really think shield dok/wp should be removed. Too much survivability, dmg and heals. Really OP and not needed really, it complicates things. Melee dps wp or dok used to work about 70% dmg and 30% heals. Now it's 50 % dmg and 300% heals, so not huge loss of dmg but very insane boost to healing and survivability espesially. I think creating shield dok/wp to counter the idea "too much dmg while healing" which was never even true, but now it is a real problem with shield specs.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

nebelwerfer

Post#13 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 am

No OP you shouldnt remove things, addd things!

Personally i'd like to see 2v2 and 3v3 like a certain other game has :mrgreen:

and for soloQ i think 6v6 is a bad idea simply because the player pool is too geared, knowledgable etc and it's too hard to **** up or outplay when you got so many ohshitbuttons in a team resulting in a snoozefest and deaths coming from fatigue or boredom, not skill and timing. kinda lame.

offensive morales simply haven't kept up with defensive ones in this games balance and it made it this way..

easy fix is balance better or make soloQ 5v5 with 1 tank only, should make things more decisive and interesting

you can still have 6v6 ofc, though id argue for it to be group only and way higher rewards than currently, but solo ranked 6v6 is just so boring most of the time.

it wasnt this bad in the earlier seasons, idk if tanks had access to m2 bellow at that point?

13eara

Post#14 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:41 am

The fact that i've seen multiple players talk about how they're in comms, stacking, or exploiting solo ranked in any way that was not intended should be enough to cancel this crapshoot of an idea. Though, we definitely can't blame the devs for this issue. Solo ranked was a great idea on paper, but with a community as starved as RoR's for a win people will surely cheat if that's what they have to do.

That being said, i was hoping that people would play solo ranked long enough to break out of their shell and start making 6v6 teams of the solo people. I figured, since they're cheating anyways, and actively communicating, what is stopping them from finding similarly skilled people and grouping or adding friend. Nothing. But instead of forming 6mans and q'ing for 6ranked, they stack in solo ranked because they're too afraid of getting stomped. Seriously?

If you stack in solo ranked, you should be ashamed of yourself. I couldn't imagine being so afraid of an even match that i'd have to cheat. Honestly, /spit on you.

That being said,if we're tossing around ideas to make things better, I like the idea of the Core 4 q's. 1 of each archetype. I feel like that would be the most balanced and teachable of 1-6. But what do i know, i just play the game.

doky

Post#15 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 am

many classes are not wanted in 6man group, what do they do when solo queue is removed?

oilpourer
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:25 pm

doky wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 am many classes are not wanted in 6man group, what do they do when solo queue is removed?
gear that is 2% better is only useful for group ranked in the first place.

Caduceus

Post#17 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:02 pm

13eara wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:41 am Though, we definitely can't blame the devs for this issue. Solo ranked was a great idea on paper, but with a community as starved as RoR's for a win people will surely cheat if that's what they have to do.
The system that was designed promotes the type of behavior you are talking about.

The system lets players fish for easy matches (by giving players plenty of tools to gather outside information on a system that works very predictably), and also gives them a clear incentive to do so.

It all boils down to poor match making, which is often justified by saying Ranked has a small player base. Nonsense! Hundreds of players wanted to try Ranked, and they all left when they realized the way the game was played. Solo Ranked was designed naively.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

oaliaen

Post#18 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:23 pm

skylinx wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:15 am I like solo queue. Most of the time it's not the players fault, it's 6v6 class balance.
lol...say that to a slayer

13eara wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:41 am The fact that i've seen multiple players talk about how they're in comms, stacking, or exploiting solo ranked in any way that was not intended should be enough to cancel this crapshoot of an idea. Though, we definitely can't blame the devs for this issue. Solo ranked was a great idea on paper, but with a community as starved as RoR's for a win people will surely cheat if that's what they have to do.

That being said, i was hoping that people would play solo ranked long enough to break out of their shell and start making 6v6 teams of the solo people. I figured, since they're cheating anyways, and actively communicating, what is stopping them from finding similarly skilled people and grouping or adding friend. Nothing. But instead of forming 6mans and q'ing for 6ranked, they stack in solo ranked because they're too afraid of getting stomped. Seriously?

If you stack in solo ranked, you should be ashamed of yourself. I couldn't imagine being so afraid of an even match that i'd have to cheat. Honestly, /spit on you.
true

Ads
oilpourer
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:28 pm

the solo ranked discord opened pandora's box and im really not a fan of it. yea anyone could use discord already but most of the time they weren't going to bother unless they were friends already. now if you get a worse team and the other team is using discord theres no chance

Karl

Post#20 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:49 pm

Why advocate for it’s removal? If you don’t like it don’t play it…