Recent Topics

Ads

12 Man Cities

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Stophy22

12 Man Cities

Post#1 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:06 am

The title

I've had the pleasure of being apart of a few 12 man cities recently and they were a lot of fun. I was wondering if this could be considered in the future and it wouldn't need a lot of changes as the instances already pop on accident from here to there, simply code it to look to create 12 man instances. Cities already have a lot of issues but I believe this could help out the whole city (shitty) stigma and breath a lil bit of life back into the game.
Spoiler:
You can still keep 24man queing as an option but 24man ques would only be matched against 24man que.
Thoughts?
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Evilspinnre

Re: 12 Man Cities

Post#2 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:27 am

Queuing as a 12 man is a good way of having fun when you get paired with a pepega 12 man you have to carry, makes city more interesting. But no, don't limit it to 12 vs 12. 24 is the right amount.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:08 am

cities are pretty shitty content since it mostly revolves around pve anyway, imo should be deleted or reworked entirely

Stophy22

Post#4 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:16 am

Evilspinnre wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:27 am Queuing as a 12 man is a good way of having fun when you get paired with a pepega 12 man you have to carry, makes city more interesting. But no, don't limit it to 12 vs 12. 24 is the right amount.
It wouldn't be a limitation it would be an option. The same way in ranked you can que as a solo player or form a group to try and compete against other groups. In the spoiler I state that 24man queing can be kept it would just match you correctly against 24 if the enemy side has 24 to que against. Right now during NA hours its maybe 1-2 organized 24's queing up (sometimes on the same side) so really all they end up fighting against are remnants of 12 mans or 6 mans trying to put together rag-tag teams during the dead hours to put forth a little effort toward gearing characters. As I stated populations during these hours are scarce and city pops are between the 2-4 instances. If a regular 8-10 instances like during EU hours were popping I'd totally agree 24 is the way to go, but I thought it would be an interesting idea or proposal to consider, considering the state of the game currently.
Spoiler:
I don't really believe, "carrying 12 pepegas" as you put it, to be interesting endgame content either. I don't think anyone would really agree with that mentality either, to each his own though.
pvprangergod wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:08 am cities are pretty shitty content since it mostly revolves around pve anyway, imo should be deleted or reworked entirely
They are pretty bad but that's why I tried to make a forum post to point out an issue and maybe get some community input on how to improve it.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Dabbart

Post#5 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:42 am

Anything that lessens the chance of an organized 24wb getting a city pop is a bad idea imo.

Maybe open up 12man cities for 1-2* cities? Maybe in the final few minutes? But we already see many cities with no instances till the 5min mark.

They are fun, and maybe should be a weekend SC event for "organized" 12v12 with rewards, but no. WBs come first.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Stophy22

Post#6 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 am

Dabbart wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:42 am
But we already see many cities with no instances till the 5min mark.
Wonder why this is and what possible suggestion could help stop this from happening...
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

nebelwerfer

Post#7 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:34 am

variety is always good and 12 man opens up new builds that 24 man does not. in that spirit i also think 36v36 city should be a thing.

Also, the best way to incentivize people into doing premade wb's is putting gear in the gold bags exclusivly for those who premade.

Solo Q'ers shouldn't have the options to do city, nor is it usually enjoyable for them. Let them get the city naschspiel scenario pops for royal shards instead, crumbs for the peasants.

With 12, 24 and 36 city pops they should have an easier time to get into a warband aswell, just my 2c :lol:

BluIzLucky

Post#8 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:07 am

pvprangergod wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:08 am cities are pretty shitty content since it mostly revolves around pve anyway, imo should be deleted or reworked entirely
Make a poll to delete city, go go!!
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#9 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 am
Wonder why this is and what possible suggestion could help stop this from happening...
We see the same nonsense that happened on live because of design flaws in the system. Live had city dodging because you could create empty instances to farm your gear. Here we need people to fight but because at 5 mins it starts to not care about doing proper instances people game the system based on population numbers.

Usually the over populated side for city has all the control. Sure you run the risk of not getting a city if you wait till the 5min mark but anyone who does get a city on the overpopulated side at the sub 5min mark is almost 100% chance to fight unorganized randoms. This gives easy farm for the overpopulated side that waited to que up. They dodge all the organized wbs that qued early.

The only real way to fix this problem is not have stages of instance match making and just give everyone time to form and have it make all instances at the same time. Either you are in or out. Make it mandatory to be either 6/12/24 man wb. The system would have to match as best it could 24vs24 first, then do 12/12 vs 12/12. Anything else if it couldn't match use 6mans to fill. Minimum city instances would be 12vs12 to start. This fixes the dodging issue and also fixes most of the unorganized farming that happens at the 5 min mark.
Trismack

Dabbart

Post#10 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 am
Dodging. Its pretty clear at times too. Which is what 12man Qing would assist. No need to ever face a 24organized again.

Edit: Is there a system where 12v12 couldnt be used to dodge, or "steal" instances from 24man wbs? Im not a big fan of the "X minutes to form, and X set of instances created with whats available" but maybe it is the best answer.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.