Recent Topics

Ads

Account Enabled Bank Vaults

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CannonFodder1

Account Enabled Bank Vaults

Post#1 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:38 pm

This subject has came up during Q&A sessions and the Devs asked for some ideas on how to implement it. I do think that is a QoL need for people that have been playing for an extremely long time (we all have that crusty guy in the guild) and have accumulated vast amounts of special items that they do not want to get rid of. So lets start a thread on it.

I think the easiest way is to implement it and then build upon it. I know nothing about coding, but it would seem like the architecture for the guild bank could possibly be utilized to make an account bank. I would start with the basic unbound items like potions, talis, mats, dyes, BOE gear ect. This would free up initial space. But what about people that like to hold on to event items and sets of armor or cosmetic items that are bound? I don't think there would be an impact on game play if this was allowed, even if items were changed to bind to account. The only questionable thing in my mind would be allowing RvR currency to be account items and therefore interchanged between characters on an account. And if this would be allowed, would you dare allow them to be used cross realm? I would currently vote no on the account currency.

How are the Account Bank slots earned or unlocked? Through just gold purchases, achievements, quest-lines, different for each vault page/slot? Please lets not use RvR currency to buy them. Maybe X number of slots open up based on some type of a achievement, make us earn them instead of instantly giving them away and make it fun. So many slots earned by completing each dungeon (one time reward)? Or so many slots earned for each armor set completed, i.e. Redeye set 5 slots(one-time reward)? World Event? Gold Bag Item, token be turned in to the banker to unlock X bank slots (only so many slots can be opened)? X number of slots over with each character that hits XX rr level? Tome unlocks?

Throw out some ideas guys, or even troll mine ;)

-CannonFodder

Ads
Elvicof

Re: Account Enabled Bank Vaults

Post#2 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:41 pm

Have 1 tab for character items that bound to player. Then another tab that are account items like pots, talis and other tradable items.
Seems like this should be possible.
Moonlapse and VII

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:58 pm

Whether we can, or whether we should are very different questions. The vast majority of items gated behind gameplay are not suitable for account binding. Very few things actually would be.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Elvicof

Post#4 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:19 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:58 pm Whether we can, or whether we should are very different questions. The vast majority of items gated behind gameplay are not suitable for account binding. Very few things actually would be.
But making crafting material available for the entire account instead of just 1 toon cant affect anything imo, except making things easier for the users.
But yeah sending mail between toons also works wonders
Moonlapse and VII