Recent Topics

Ads

Question about in-game communication for ranked, scenarios and warband play.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
toffikx

Question about in-game communication for ranked, scenarios and warband play.

Post#1 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:08 pm

Hey

So my question is, would it be possible to implement an in-game voice communication system for ranked, scenarios and groups/warbands in the open world?
I have little knowledge about computer science and such things, so please forgive me if this idea is unrealistic/unfeasible.

The thought-process behind this is that fast, dynamic communication is crucial in this game.

Especially for (solo) ranked where coordination of morales/cds/punts can be the difference between a win or a loss.
But also generally in scenarios where it can help coordinating the fight for objectives and to focus targets, and perhaps even out atleast a little bit of the disparity between pug vs premade play.

Why in-game voice communication would be especially conveniant for these modes, is that there’s often little time (and motivation) to join random discords during a ranked/scenario match.
But i think it also makes sense for pug groups and pug warbands in the open world, in which someone could speak out via the system and coordinate a push/morale drop and so on.

Ofcourse there would be a mute option to silence those that can’t behave.

Anyway that’s my 2 cents.

Ads