Recent Topics

Ads

Renown

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sjemen

Re: Renown

Post#11 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:42 pm

you're all getting low renown cause both sides are just sieging empty zones and avoiding eachother
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#12 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:14 pm

sjemen wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:42 pm you're all getting low renown cause both sides are just sieging empty zones and avoiding eachother
Maybe, though, this was prompted after a very long and very competitive siege, maybe I just never got enough contrib in that instance

shoelessHN

Post#13 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:18 pm

sjemen wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:42 pm you're all getting low renown cause both sides are just sieging empty zones and avoiding eachother
Problem is for new players, they're fighting against people geared out that had renown gains 10x what they are now. It makes zero sense why a new player would stick around and grind out renown at the rates they are now. People were sieging empty zones for years and getting 10-15k per keep. They took forts that were giving 25k for a win even if not defended properly. Gold bags had invader for level 20s, etc. Now a new player comes in, gets jack for rewards and is expected to gut it out against competition that 'had it easy'.

Good luck with that retention rate. Reminds me of the awful decisions that most f2p games make where they have a pay 2 win carrot out there to offset the progression nerfs.

Jeliel80

Post#14 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:12 am

Patch of 22/07

"Open RvR

- The renown gain from various objectives in RvR has been decreased a bit. The value from kills at these objectives was increased when the Field of Glory buff was implemented a while back, which covers the same thing."

And certainly gains from keep and fort takes have been lowered too, a lot.

Looked perfectly fine to me before, and a very "counter intuitive" change while the pop keeps sinking down.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

zgolec

Post#15 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:09 am

Renown gainz is laughable these days...

No idea what was idea behind this - specially when most people are super high rank these days... 7k rr for well guarded keep in CW? Lulz...

If anything they should be boosted not nerfed...

p.s. Saying this after coming back from break and i have plenty 75+ toons and 80 SM before all x2 rr events were a thing...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

shoelessHN

Post#16 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:07 pm

zgolec wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:09 am Renown gainz is laughable these days...

No idea what was idea behind this - specially when most people are super high rank these days... 7k rr for well guarded keep in CW? Lulz...

If anything they should be boosted not nerfed...

p.s. Saying this after coming back from break and i have plenty 75+ toons and 80 SM before all x2 rr events were a thing...
Yeah nothing like watching new players get 7k renown fighting folks that got 75k for nonstop forts during double xp weekends. I mean maybe if the new players don't know bad it's been nerfed they'll stick it out. There should be 2-3x renown for players under rr70, perhaps similar to how rested xp works where its' not permanent but a definite boost for a period of time. Those new players need to catch up and be competitive not be kneecapped by 'fixes' to the renown system.

Fleetfox

Post#17 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:24 am

First I'm going to clarify that this post reflects only on me and my experience with this game. I have not discussed this issue with anyone about it, but I want to express it here.

I agree with several of these posts in this thread.
I started playing this game again about 2 or 3 months ago, I have already reached rr60+ on a wp and he is fully decked in vanquisher, it took me around month and a half, maybe 2 to get there.

I got bored being a healer and I wanted to try something new, I'm still in the 30s level and rr wise, this update to currency/renown gain has been extremely painful for me, and it has sapped my willingness to reach max level and do open RVR with other characters.

While I can understand maybe the intention behind this nerf was for retention, in my personal case its causing attrition, not retention. This game is my hobby after work/family duties, not my second job. I am willing to put a significant amount of time and effort in order to get where I want, but at this moment, given the insignificant amount of renown/coin gains for ORVR, I do not have the drive to keep trying, to keep working towards that goal.

This is basically your game, you guys put a lot of time and effort to keep the wheels rolling. I respect that, and while I may not agree with some of your decisions I respect them. In the same spirit I'm dedicating a few lines here to express my personal feelings with this latest update.

Please revert these changes, I do not speak for anyone else, but personally this change is driving me away, and it saddens me because I ABSOLUTELY love anything warhammer and when I found out this game was back I was extremely happy go back to it.

Right now I see very little point investing time and effort to basically smash my face against a brick-wall (fully decked rr90+ player) for months on end just to get there.

Respectfully,
A warhammer nerd and a RoR fan.

holymolla

Post#18 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:08 am

This is my 1st time posting. Been playing for a while. Playing Order mainly but I do have Destro too.

I been okay with nerf here and nerf there but with current amount of RP we getting from

RvR is a joke.

You get more RP from losing a Scenarios than winning a Keeps, Forts and city.

Getting 2k ~ 5k RP for hour long Keep or Forts? Its a waste of time now doing RvR.

We get penalized for taking empty keeps or forts?

Guys, come on. Population is getting lower every day and I DON'T KNOW WHY but

it is really a waste of time doing RvR now.

Ads
Evilspinnre

Post#19 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:08 am

They reverted some of the renown changes. My SM has gone from 71 to 74 in 3 days doing RvR. It's not an issue imo.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp