Recent Topics

Ads

RvR, AAO and incentive for actual fights

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
NSKaneda

Re: RvR, AAO and incentive for actual fights

Post#81 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:09 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:50 am
NSKaneda wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:45 am
Bloodmasked wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am x-realming is a non-issue

It's not an issue, it's a problem.
only noobs think x-realming matters, and whenever they lose they blame x-realming instead of themselves

Well, I'm a noob then because I think it really does matter when a bunch of gear-hungry guilds ruin orvr for everyone by throwing zones and sieges to help their mates get a bag.

60-120% AAO that changes in minutes.

4 star keeps that fall in minutes.

2* IC farmed daily.

People logging out of the game in the middle of prime time after (yet another) zone throw.

In game chats flooded with calls to throw and bashing players willing to fight.

-
-

Not a problem? Maybe for the snobby "l33t" guilds that coordinate their farming efforts. Soon you will have yourselves to farm and PvDoor will reign supreme since there's only so much abuse "noobs" can take.

Good luck with that.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#82 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:20 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:09 am

only noobs think x-realming matters, and whenever they lose they blame x-realming instead of themselves

Well, I'm a noob then because I think it really does matter when a bunch of gear-hungry guilds ruin orvr for everyone by throwing zones and sieges to help their mates get a bag.

2* IC farmed daily.

People logging out of the game in the middle of prime time after (yet another) zone throw.

-
-

Not a problem? Maybe for the snobby "l33t" guilds that coordinate their farming efforts. Soon you will have yourselves to farm and PvDoor will reign supreme since there's only so much abuse "noobs" can take.

Good luck with that.
that makes literally zero sense

NSKaneda

Post#83 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:23 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:20 am
Spoiler:

2* IC farmed daily.

-
-

Good luck with that.
that makes literally zero sense

And yet this is exactly what is happening in the lakes since "ranked xrealm communications" have been sanctioned in the last Q&A.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

ChicagoJoe

Post#84 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 am

mynban wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:38 am My suggestion is simple in its nature by addressing 'why people do what they do'. And we can't change human behavior.

When people have a choice of;
A. keep fighting an evenly defended zone for hours
B. go flip an empty zone where you PvDoor in 20min

And tell them rewards are the same (if not better for latter).. at that point it is not too much of a wonder why we end up with the situation we do. I wish people were perfect, and that they would play the game for intrinsic rewards.. but people are people. And there is no game without the people. We can't predend game pop going below a certain treshold doesn't end up with a spiral of less activity leading to even less pop.

I agree with bombling, we get the current playstyle simply because other approaches are not rewarding. And localization of AAO is pretty much what I was trying to formulate, but with more tangible rewards.
+1. Developers can guide behavior by rewards. E.g., when there was an extra royals reward for defending last zone before fortress, everyone ran to defend rather then allow fortress
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

TreefAM

Post#85 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am

2* IC farmed daily.

-
-

Good luck with that.
Name the guilds that actually do that, that throw zones because they can and let forts/cities happen?
Which guild has a full warband ready to fight but decides to just wait it out when things are going down?

NSKaneda

Post#86 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:41 am

TreefAM wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:14 am
Spoiler:

2* IC farmed daily.

-
-

Good luck with that.
Name the guilds that actually do that, that throw zones because they can and let forts/cities happen?
Which guild has a full warband ready to fight but decides to just wait it out when things are going down?

AFAIR name&shame has been forbidden on forums, in game and on disc. But to give you something to ponder upon:
  • same four people call for "3rd floor defence" on both sides
  • destro ram has been spawned and lost in the past three days by same two players
  • AAO and population balance switches before 2* IC every bloody night, following "blitz forts"
  • zones are thrown while being accompanied by "give me city, give me bags, fighting is boring" in /1 and /t4
  • three and four star keeps are being lost without a fight, often on first dry push from order (and no, order is not that good)
  • in the past week nine keeps were lost in 5-7 minute sieges
Key word here is "xrealm cooperation between guilds", not single guild doing the dirty work - few months ago it was order that was farmed like this and there are still plenty of topics here concerning the matter. I can understand lack of appeal for nerfed renown orvr and "elite" mentality being pushed alongside ranked cancer. If general server consensus is that it's ok and this state of orvr is in fact desired and promotes... Something then I will not stir shitstorm in a glass of water and on top of that I'd really hate to be the reason someone gets banned.
Most probably I'll take another year-long brake from RoR hoping that something will change. A sentiment that repeats itself in plenty of conversations I have with players on the server.

tazdingo

Post#87 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:56 pm

i've been hammering the game for the past week on p much all primetime and the above simply does not happen on destro... not in public chats anyway. never seen it once. not never

not saying there isn't something being coordinated in secret but nobody is coordinating this in /1 and /4. destros current good pub leaders most often give the call to roam these days when we're heavy outnumbered. that's not throwing the keep that's making the best of the situation. we're not gonna defend a keep just to sit there and wait to eat ranged morale bombs and wipe instantly. we did this yesterday in praag and had some awesome fights around mz

NSKaneda

Post#88 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:09 pm

Spoiler:

Ads
tazdingo

Post#89 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:19 pm

on the left we have an example of "making the best of the situation." a gauranteed insta wipe can be turned into at least some rr if we hold third and split them because some attack lord and some climb stairs. genuinely the best chance for even the faintest possibility of a comeback, maybe a guild logs on and hits from main

on the right we have blatant sarcasm, or at least self degrading humour. destro doesn't throw forts, we just suck at them. might as well look at the positives

NSKaneda

Post#90 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Spoiler:
tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:56 pm i've been hammering the game for the past week on p much all primetime and the above simply does not happen on destro... not in public chats anyway. never seen it once. not never

not saying there isn't something being coordinated in secret but nobody is coordinating this in /1 and /4. destros current good pub leaders most often give the call to roam these days when we're heavy outnumbered. that's not throwing the keep that's making the best of the situation. we're not gonna defend a keep just to sit there and wait to eat ranged morale bombs and wipe instantly. we did this yesterday in praag and had some awesome fights around mz

tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:19 pm on the left we have an example of "making the best of the situation." a gauranteed insta wipe can be turned into at least some rr if we hold third and split them because some attack lord and some climb stairs. genuinely the best chance for even the faintest possibility of a comeback, maybe a guild logs on and hits from main

on the right we have blatant sarcasm, or at least self degrading humour. destro doesn't throw forts, we just suck at them. might as well look at the positives

I rest my case.