Recent Topics

Ads

RvR, AAO and incentive for actual fights

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mynban

Re: RvR, AAO and incentive for actual fights

Post#61 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:45 am

Neduz wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:39 am Like already mentioned, I feel like SoR is a big part of the problem with showing zone population.

I can openly admit that I sometimes don't even bother to go and defend when I see the opposite side having far superior numbers.
It's just demoralizing especially with the value ranges being the way they are.
I have also seen many 2* keeps, where WBs didnt want to put out ram because we werent outnumbering the enemy in the zone. That information is available via SoR.

Ads
normanis

Post#62 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:38 am

maby noone attempt to attack keep even quall numbers because, the time u spend for it vs reward . also destro side they are more organized byt they dont whnat siege because they dont whant gear up destro-pugs. order too selfish because u need coordination with pugs and half dead guilds byt they whant do they own stuff. also its easy take not your ram and bring it to enemies, u need exaust destro premades till 23:00 when they go sleep and order start be more active.
aao should also increase drop rate for medals/shards u have 100% aao , so my destro pug go to defend against order (for example) its rr and gear progress keep tham defend keep.
loot boxes are prick stuff. u can do it solo ppl constantly click place where box can appear.
increase rr for holding objectives and make objectives work some role to increase ram/gates hp pool damage received or added. (some zones where its hard to do it)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Koryu199X

Post#63 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Hurra, finally someone else has suggested something similar to the sc weekend warfronts. Which is something I've been saying for years now. There should be a monthly influence reward track similar to the reward track in GW2. The reward track could have 5 things on it ranging from medals to crafting or potions with the top item being a jewel or a good piece of stand alone armour/weapon.

h34rtbrok3n

Post#64 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:34 pm

Some cool ideas here, hopefully DEVS can read this thread and work something out, in case they are not doing it already.

Also, increase X-Realm timer and make it meaningful. Phoenix had a 4hr timer that prevented you to switch realms if you took part in any RvR activity, you could still log into that character but don´t go RvR or to a RvR zone.

If a character was locked to a realm and with another character in the account you took any RvR action, it would restart the timer so you had to stay 4 hours out of RvR to be able to switch.

Grious

Post#65 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Koryu199X wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:43 pm Hurra, finally someone else has suggested something similar to the sc weekend warfronts. Which is something I've been saying for years now. There should be a monthly influence reward track similar to the reward track in GW2. The reward track could have 5 things on it ranging from medals to crafting or potions with the top item being a jewel or a good piece of stand alone armour/weapon.

The idea of a general RvR influence reward is pretty nice, but if this Dwarf Event series has shown us anything its that people will complain about having too much to do even when they have multiple months to do it. So maybe make it a weekly, adjust the requirements and rewards for it, and none of that 'win a scenario with 500 points while holding all 5 flags while beating the enemy in a dance competition during the summer solstice' crap. If possible I'd like to see some vague ones that you can complete without your faction technically 'winning' the fight in hope that it will coax the losing side into stick around for fights.

As for rewards, I'm not sure really, I feel like crafting mats / RR potions / event slot items are currently covered by the Weekend Warfronts. Simplest way would probably just do bags, could use all 5 bags too if you want a bigger spread and i feel at max 1 more of each bag a week doesn't sound like too much.

Koryu199X

Post#66 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:38 am

True but live events should require more, this is a simple reward track that by killing players, capping keeps and defending BO's a month is more than enough, also the other point of once a month is it doesn't give the devs too much. I do agree that the current stage of the live event feels. Bags are a bad idea, a very bad idea. There's too much mystery and we are moving into loot boxes territory. However, with regards to the current live event the item is supposed to be good. However, what is an issue is after all the hard work it turns out it wasn't worth it

tazdingo

Post#67 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:45 am

i've been back for a week and havn't seen any pvdoor since... destro is still getting pasted in the lakes 24/7 but the attitude in pug wbs has been to just find fights, even in lieu of easy rewards. in fact to suggest that the wb goes elsewhere to run supplies or stand outside an empty keep leaves to a lot of people just leaving the wb and staying in the zone that the fighting is in

maybe its cause everyone is already geared but the situation actually feels way better than it was. it means getting each alt to vanq is slow as all hell but... the game is actually more fun. go figure. why is bha stacking still a thing dear god

lastalien

Post#68 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:05 am

The last few days of RVR is great, fighting with a lot of opponents. Thank you to all participants
Petitbras (SW), Threeend (BW), Arrgoor (SL), Popovich (KoTBs), Semenich (Eng), Ancle (WP), Lastalien (WL), Alienessa (AM)

Movies

Ads
Avelinna

Post#69 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:52 am

Bring back the one zone only open at a time then Destro and order cant avoid each by zone flipping to an empty. They will then have to fight it out in one area only. Having multiple zones open encourages box runners to get without ever entering into proper situations.

nurse3766

Post#70 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:45 am

h34rtbrok3n wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:34 pm Some cool ideas here, hopefully DEVS can read this thread and work something out, in case they are not doing it already.

Also, increase X-Realm timer and make it meaningful. Phoenix had a 4hr timer that prevented you to switch realms if you took part in any RvR activity, you could still log into that character but don´t go RvR or to a RvR zone.

If a character was locked to a realm and with another character in the account you took any RvR action, it would restart the timer so you had to stay 4 hours out of RvR to be able to switch.
I would like to point out the SHORT lockouts we have right now dont even work. 50-75% of the time i will log out from ORVR and i have NO LOCKOUT timer. Over and over youll watch the aao go from 0-100% in 2 min while the xrealmers switch sides to get free bags. We really need serious lockout timers that actually work. switching mid seige or mid defense just so you get a bag is wrong on every level. It really needs to be dealt with.