Recent Topics

Ads

RvR, AAO and incentive for actual fights

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kaeldrick

Re: RvR, AAO and incentive for actual fights

Post#71 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 pm

nurse3766 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:45 am
h34rtbrok3n wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:34 pm Some cool ideas here, hopefully DEVS can read this thread and work something out, in case they are not doing it already.

Also, increase X-Realm timer and make it meaningful. Phoenix had a 4hr timer that prevented you to switch realms if you took part in any RvR activity, you could still log into that character but don´t go RvR or to a RvR zone.

If a character was locked to a realm and with another character in the account you took any RvR action, it would restart the timer so you had to stay 4 hours out of RvR to be able to switch.
I would like to point out the SHORT lockouts we have right now dont even work. 50-75% of the time i will log out from ORVR and i have NO LOCKOUT timer. Over and over youll watch the aao go from 0-100% in 2 min while the xrealmers switch sides to get free bags. We really need serious lockout timers that actually work. switching mid seige or mid defense just so you get a bag is wrong on every level. It really needs to be dealt with.
Could be a start but won't work on players having 2 accounts (only way to play all classes). Imho, the whole lockout timer thing is just a placebo :lol:

Ads
Topdude

Post#72 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:15 pm

Kaeldrick wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 pm
Could be a start but won't work on players having 2 accounts (only way to play all classes). Imho, the whole lockout timer thing is just a placebo :lol:
To me this is where the problem really lies, with the community.
If you're going to hop realms just to grab bags or just to have a better time playing are you really helping the game? No, you're selfishly plying the balance to make sure you have the best experience for YOU. One of the worst things about RoR is that true realm pride is virtually non-existent.
Along with a lack of realm pride the community has become elite snobs. I'd like to see how many new players have actually tried this game and leveled a toon to 40 in the past 6 months. Between the horrible gear balance problems playing a level 16 to a 40/80 and throw in all the calling out of players with less skill or knowledge noobs face a horrible experience trying to learn a toon.
IMO, if a game like this, on a private server, is going to survive it's up to US, the community to nurture it, to publicize it, to help new people to come to love the game.
It's not YOU, it's not ME, it's US!

Fenris78

Post#73 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:50 pm

Set the lockout timer to start on log OFF, and make it like 60 minutes.

This way you cannot just instantly switch and get your easy bags.

Set the contribution (on played zones) to be wiped off your previously logged characters (this way you cannot get bag on both Order and Destru, you'll have only the contrib on your currently logged on character.)

And yes, you won't be able to do that for (very) motivated people that got both double account AND a VPN, but it's a start.

Crossrealm is good but it have to serve a purpose, not just being a bag machine generator.

Picking a side should be a choice, not just a way to earn more with less effort.

Strakar

Post#74 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:03 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Set the contribution (on played zones) to be wiped off your previously logged characters (this way you cannot get bag on both Order and Destru, you'll have only the contrib on your currently logged on character.)
This already happens, you get a message saying you lost your progress on the other char if you enter the zone. However, like the guy who said sometimes you don't get a lockout timer even in orvr, I'm not sure how consistent this is. I logged in from another char, it had been a couple hours but zone hadn't flipped. I got a buff for switching to the underpopulated realm, which was odd because we were actually winning the zone.

Kaeldrick

Post#75 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:59 am

Topdude wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:15 pm
Kaeldrick wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 pm
To me this is where the problem really lies, with the community.
If you're going to hop realms just to grab bags or just to have a better time playing are you really helping the game? No, you're selfishly plying the balance to make sure you have the best experience for YOU. One of the worst things about RoR is that true realm pride is virtually non-existent.
Along with a lack of realm pride the community has become elite snobs. I'd like to see how many new players have actually tried this game and leveled a toon to 40 in the past 6 months. Between the horrible gear balance problems playing a level 16 to a 40/80 and throw in all the calling out of players with less skill or knowledge noobs face a horrible experience trying to learn a toon.
IMO, if a game like this, on a private server, is going to survive it's up to US, the community to nurture it, to publicize it, to help new people to come to love the game.
It's not YOU, it's not ME, it's US!
Oh I completely agree with you but many won't. And yes, there's no technical solution to this kind of issue on a private and unique server, it's a playerbase mentality problem.

TiberiusD

Post#76 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:04 am

Here is my thought about this. There are the same (around 1000 people) playing the game and both factions. Till we will reach around 2000-3000 people playing we cannot talk about realm pride or playing one faction. The only thing (which is plausible in my opinion) is to increase the lockout timer from 90 minutes to 24 hours. If we do this, the x-realm will disappear (at least on paper) and i think that things will change. But if we do not test it, we don't know if this will work or not.

normanis

Post#77 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:10 pm

there is ip lockout even u have 2 accounts or more
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Bloodmasked

Post#78 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am

x-realming is a non-issue

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#79 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:45 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am x-realming is a non-issue

It's not an issue, it's a problem.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Bloodmasked

Post#80 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:50 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:45 am
Bloodmasked wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am x-realming is a non-issue

It's not an issue, it's a problem.
only noobs think x-realming matters, and whenever they lose they blame x-realming instead of themselves