Recent Topics

Ads

Tips for leveling

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Community Management

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
WojinRina

Tips for leveling

Post#1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:41 am

Hi I’m a new player started the game about 4 days ago my characters name is KrimelCrungy and I’m a lvl12 chosen. I’ve really been enjoying the game and the pvp is super good but I have some questions are there any specific ways to level up in the game or like specific tips for things I should be doing to level in the game? So far I’ve just been grinding scenarios. https://9apps.ooo/
Last edited by WojinRina on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Tips for leveling

Post#2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:02 am

WojinRina wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:41 am
Hi I’m a new player started the game about 4 days ago my characters name is KrimelCrungy and I’m a lvl12 chosen. I’ve really been enjoying the game and the pvp is super good but I have some questions are there any specific ways to level up in the game or like specific tips for things I should be doing to level in the game? So far I’ve just been grinding scenarios.
Hey,

and welcome to RoR. We have some nice guides in our "Beginner survival kit" - forum section.
I would recommend to read these following guides to be prepared :D

- Getting started in RvR, from character creation to cities: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=37808
- Leveling Guide: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=30680
- How to maximise bolstering in T2+ ( Sc / RVR) ?: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=37442
- View first unread post What Is A Tank's Role In Siege Defense? (think it's a nice quick read for you as a tank class): viewtopic.php?f=113&t=46366

zulnam

Re: Tips for leveling

Post#3 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:52 pm

Hi and welcome.

All the links Lilim posted are still full of valid info, but to give you a "short" variant of levling:

- in this game, you get xp from pvp. It is in fact the best way to level if you are interested in gear/pvp only and not story/world/lore
- low chars level best through SC, then RvR; sometimes the opposing faction stomps in one of these gamestyles; so it's always healthy to change when losing badly;
- Renown Rank (RR) is more important than level; this is what determines what gear you can wear and what medalions you get in RvR; it is often you hear of experienced players playing alts that are 3x level and 5x renown rank;
- in every Warcamp in RvR lakes there is a Quartermaster that sells reduced-XP scrolls. This allows you to get 75% less XP from any source. Very good when going for high RR;
- experienced players start using these scrolls from very early on (level 19, some lower); if you are new and casual I recommend starting to use these from level 31 (you get a lot of ablities at that point + can get Dominator/Duelist sets which offer great boost over lower players / 40s with the help of bolster);
- pvp means sometimes you lose; sometimes you lose badly; sometimes very badly; to stop losing so badly, join an active guild; look for people organising scenario groups (SC groups) T1 = 1-15 level; T2/T3 = 16-39; T4 = 40.
- there is no x class beats all; classes have varied levels of difficulty (some are easy to be good at, some not); but at the end of the day an experienced player can be good with any class. You, however, are in luck: you choose chosen (lol), which is one of the best tanks on Destro group wise as well as a fairly decent dps fella when playing 2H (two hand; always referred to as the dps spec for tank classes)

Send me a message in private if you have any more questions and i'll help out as best as i can. Can also send you some talismans and gold for mount if you need on either side (have toons on both; most players do).

Best of luck.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, Mara, SH, BG