Recent Topics

Ads

Is endgame PvP just zerging and keep-takes?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Is endgame PvP just zerging and keep-takes?

Post#11 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:50 pm

Bloodmasked wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:45 am
GamesBond wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:04 pm
ravezaar wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:23 am I still do believe u should reward Fights/kills more and decrease rewards for Zone flips/Sieges
We gathered enough feedback to prove that the RP nerf did not do its job and thus it was mostly reverted and it should go back to what it was this weekend. The revert happened 2 weeks ago as much as I remember.
ravezaar wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:23 am and u should never ever get a reward if u NOT in the Zone when it flips.
That's an example to why RvR is hard to really fix. Your idea is heavily opposed by the guilds who constantly swap zones. Keeping players in the same zone until it flips is also zerg-promoting behavior which is also opposed by other players.

I'm not saying what you're saying is wrong or right, but I just wanted to take it as an example of why RvR changes are always the slowest.
its not hard to fix rvr, its just that nobody is trying to.
Such wisdom, thanks for your fruitful comment.

Ads
Alubert

Post#12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:04 pm

Do not worry. All aspects of the game are open to you. I have played for many years and never join zergs (anything over 6 people). You can earn any type of currency and never join warbands/zergs. If you find the right group (duo-trio-6man) you can, under favorable conditions, face that mindless mass of aoe zergs and at least not get killed by them. This requires a good group of course.
Of course, the server unfortunately promotes aoe zergs because it is the most suitable style of play for most players, which does not require thinking.
I have long proposed to reduce dmg of all aoe skills by 20-25%.
Don't give up and don't take the easy way.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

oilpourer
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:05 pm

small scale is dead except for scenarios but that is also on life support

anybody saying different is lying. the only thing to do in open is farm box runners and pray that you don't get 24 chasing you into the pve zone because its the only thing they can kill.

Richardwarhawk

Post#14 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:56 pm

There are a few different small scale PvP guilds that focus on 2 to 6 man PvP groups. Might I suggest you look them up.

Praywithme

Post#15 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Do you login and just join zergs? Then yeah that's what it is. You can just enter the lakes without joining the zerg band you know.

Bloodmasked

Post#16 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:18 am

GamesBond wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:50 pm
Bloodmasked wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:45 am
GamesBond wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:04 pm

We gathered enough feedback to prove that the RP nerf did not do its job and thus it was mostly reverted and it should go back to what it was this weekend. The revert happened 2 weeks ago as much as I remember.

That's an example to why RvR is hard to really fix. Your idea is heavily opposed by the guilds who constantly swap zones. Keeping players in the same zone until it flips is also zerg-promoting behavior which is also opposed by other players.

I'm not saying what you're saying is wrong or right, but I just wanted to take it as an example of why RvR changes are always the slowest.
its not hard to fix rvr, its just that nobody is trying to.
Such wisdom, thanks for your fruitful comment.
and ror team pretends that the community has never suggested any ways to fix rvr, instead focus on ranked solo which basically nobody wants or asked for

nebelwerfer

Post#17 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:31 am

the real endgame is running in a crack 6 man group and stalking for soloers and hitting the zergs tail, picking off defenseless zerglings as their leader rushes ahead.

Jokes aside, it's really what you make it. If your goal is to kill that squigherder or sorc that ganked you a ton while you were leveling, or making a name for yourself so people instinctivly avoid you or activly chase you to the end of the zone, it's a sandboxy make your own fun kind of game imo

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#18 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:59 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:18 am
and ror team pretends that the community has never suggested any ways to fix rvr, instead focus on ranked solo which basically nobody wants or asked for
They just build 2 new cities while season 2 was dead after 2 weeks. It's just cheap to argue like that.

Ads
navis

Post#19 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:11 pm

I don't want to turn you off, but IMO the pvp direction hasn't been as good as it was previously. Keeps have somewhat returned to being majority pve, as most people just want to farm for gear there isn't a lot of support to change it (also considering players want to get to the cities for the end-game gear), there isn't the demand for balanced RvR in the main zones. At least that is my opinion.
Scenarios is where I usually play, but actually, they have suffered as well as now so many players have Sovereign gear, most of my characters are renown 70-80 and the best gear I can get is Vanquisher, which isn't competitive anymore.
The rr40 brackets haven't been as popular, either, since adding Ranked as it spitted the populations further.
Hopefully, things will improve, I would expect to see many changes and issues addressed in the future.

Bloodmasked

Post#20 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 am

ufthakk wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:59 am They just build 2 new cities while season 2 was dead after 2 weeks. It's just cheap to argue like that.
yeah those cities look okay but it didn't give me any reason to log in to go play, i just watched zarbix do a tour around the cities, since they are just basically the same merchants as regular cities with some new quests.

the two new cities doesn't improve or fix RVR or scenarios so its a pointless update until they do the next update to make these cities usable as pvp zones. majority of players don't care about roleplaying in new cities or doing boring quests for 80 silver coins. but if they are anything like the existing IC/Altdorf city sieges then the game will still be in a poor state. its not a cheap argument i am just speaking frankly and honestly why i think the game is so dead/why i don't want to play the game even though im a massive fan of pvp and open world.

they need to fix scenarios, rvr, remove horrible fort->2nd fort->city cycle, add 'new player experience'/guides (also fix addons or default ui/improve vinyui pack), its insane to expect people to learn from reading the /advice chat, and most guilds they end up joining don't teach them anything. yeah i could make a guild myself but thats going to help like 5 people. and i could make guides but honestly that should be in-game tutorials, i honestly don't think some noob is going to read any essay or 10 page pdf file or excel spreadsheet i write explaining about every type of debuff and how to min-max your character build or whatever.

also remove annoying pve grinds like gunbad city dungeon and bastion stair (also beastlord, and PQ ruin set to an extent), before doing anything else. then add quality of life additions like making talismans swappable, make also regular hp and armor potion available from playing RVR or SC and not require grinding gold/mobs for hours, make swapping specs more convenient with trainers at war camp, and similar things to these etc etc...

then after quality of life they can also work on making some specs and abilities that are basically useless or uninteresting more fun to play. for example when i played SNB Chosen basically all i had to do was spam hold the line, i dont get how thats fun gameplay apart from the occasional punt. they could for example bring back raze to m2 but im sure theres otherways if thats going to be game breaking.

and ranked should be the very last thing to add to the game. since there are very few people who know how to play ranked, and the gamemode isn't even built for RoR which is primarily an open world game not a team deathmatch game.

regular scenarios should just be for fun with objective based and not kills based so that its less about farming the other team at their spawn point.