Recent Topics

Ads

Player-run bounty system?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Knight23

Player-run bounty system?

Post#1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:29 am

I think of it as a fun way to have more engagement between the factions…

Perhaps players can start putting bounties on players in the opposite faction as a bit of added incentive to hunt down certain famous (or rather infamous) players in the opposite realm?

I mean, we already have certain players on both sides whom the other one hate and loathe… might as well put that to a constructive use.

Ads
noobwarrior

Re: Player-run bounty system?

Post#2 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:47 am

Knight23 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:29 am I think of it as a fun way to have more engagement between the factions…

Perhaps players can start putting bounties on players in the opposite faction as a bit of added incentive to hunt down certain famous (or rather infamous) players in the opposite realm?

I mean, we already have certain players on both sides whom the other one hate and loathe… might as well put that to a constructive use.
the one with the bounty is from the age of conan if I remember correctly .. is really nasty .. couldn't play properly for weeks .. half the server was after me

zulnam

Post#3 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:14 am

Guilds used to run bounties on the side every now and then. Screenshot was required, and you needed the killing blow, and a player with gold, but it's doable. Player run.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Darks63

Post#4 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:07 am

Some WH did this a few years back but it dried up after a time.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

diegomess

Post#5 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:53 pm

RIP solo players that arent stealth classes
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Martok

Post#6 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:08 pm

Knight23 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:29 amI think of it as a fun way to have more engagement between the factions…

Perhaps players can start putting bounties on players in the opposite faction...

There is enough spite coursing through the server already.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Grock

Post#7 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm

Like others said you dont really need a system for that and people used to do this, but in a game about constant RvR it just doesn't hit the same as in some more PvE-centric games.

I think a better version of "bounty" system could be the way WoW did it in BfA - when a certain person gets a big killstreak in the zone they get a bounty placed on them and their approximate location is marked on the map, killing them yields extra rewards.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Knight23

Post#8 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:46 am

Grock wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:16 pm Like others said you dont really need a system for that and people used to do this, but in a game about constant RvR it just doesn't hit the same as in some more PvE-centric games.

I think a better version of "bounty" system could be the way WoW did it in BfA - when a certain person gets a big killstreak in the zone they get a bounty placed on them and their approximate location is marked on the map, killing them yields extra rewards.
That's honestly what I was thinking, I was thinking that both cities had an NPC called a Bounty Hunter through which you can place bounties on players of the enemy realm, with everyone's bounties publicly displayed so everyone knows who is worth what.

And the person who gets the killing blow gets the bounty automatically mailed to them akin to medallions.

Ads
Vri

Post#9 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:10 am

zulnam wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:14 am Guilds used to run bounties on the side every now and then. Screenshot was required, and you needed the killing blow, and a player with gold, but it's doable. Player run.
I have tried this with a healer and fire clown but destro does not seem to want to take the time.