Recent Topics

Ads

Future Patch Releases

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bragi

Future Patch Releases

Post#1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:13 pm

First of all, I'm not in a good mood right now due to what just happened while downloading the latest patch for the 13th event. So just in case I write something that comes off as bitter I do apologize, and I really do appreciate everything the devs have done to allow us to play this game.

With that out of the way, while downloading the patch I ran into some issues with my internet connection, long story short I discovered my game files had been corrupted. So as I'm writing this I am currently re-downloading the entire game, which means I missed the battle and will miss most of an entire day of 2x renown bonuses.

My internet connection is trash, so before I started downloading the patch right after the servers went down I expected to be out of the fight for a few hours, but this was just a kick in the nuts.

So for future patches, can you please consider releasing the patch at least 24 hours prior to any event? Those of us who do not have the luxury of super fast internet connections are at a huge disadvantage when everyone else is gaining massive amounts of renown, releasing the patch early would completely eliminate this.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Future Patch Releases

Post#2 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:57 pm

Copy-pasting again because it's the same issue, different thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Gamesbond wrote:We honestly wanted to get that patch ready on Wednesday and push everything without anyone noticing, just a casual patch with some bug fixes.

Our developers have been working tirelessly till the last hour before the actual event in order to make sure everything was set. We did not expect such an amount of downloads at the same hour, which caused that slow download speed.

Wiede

Re: Future Patch Releases

Post#3 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:16 pm

Bragi wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:13 pm [...]
which means I missed the battle and will miss most of an entire day of 2x renown bonuses.
[...]
Those of us who do not have the luxury of super fast internet connections are at a huge disadvantage when everyone else is gaining massive amounts of renown
[...]
There is no disadvantage for missing a 2x day.
You rather have the advantage of playing this awesome game for a longer time until hitting RR255.

Message me, when you're there. Then we can have a look on how much faster others reached RR255 :D