Recent Topics

Ads

IB-least wanted tank.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ashton007

Re: IB-least wanted tank.

Post#11 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:05 am

With the changes here on ror for examle, armor potions, chosens and knights having 3 auras, and 24 AoE cap, the IB is third choice tank and easily out of the meta. When it comes to RvR every single one of the other tanks is better suited to the group utility meta, and they all have better damage excluding the knight (order really drew the short stick there). This is an RvR game, no?

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#12 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:17 am

You've gotten 5/6 tanks to endgame gear+content and this is your conclusion?

Can't say my organised warband/city experience aligns with yours regarding desirability, damage or utility, there's very little difference and IB certainly not the last pick.

IB is the most desired for ST parties and..
Unless you have an AM or try something niche like SW morale drain, then the main utility of SM (WW) is just a nice to have.
Meaning whether you take IB or SM for your AoE groups is a matter of availability/preference.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:19 am

ashton007 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:05 am With the changes here on ror for examle, armor potions, chosens and knights having 3 auras, and 24 AoE cap, the IB is third choice tank and easily out of the meta. When it comes to RvR every single one of the other tanks is better suited to the group utility meta, and they all have better damage excluding the knight (order really drew the short stick there). This is an RvR game, no?
Everything you're saying re IB and WB is true in my opinion. And the IB is weaker single target now because of NB ban.

Simple solution, don't play the IB until it's made attractive for city WB selection.

zulnam

Post#14 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:28 am

Haven't you got bored of complaining about IB every season? You keep saying other tanks have it easy: play other tanks then. Maybe IB is just to difficult tor you.

To start, a tank is a tank. I have not seen picky warbands in a long, long time. They don't even ask for gear and spec these days. You will always find spots, unless there's only one spot left and a knight and sm are also available, SnB and high RR. And even then if the lead is overflowing on the other two classes you have a good shot.

Secondly, IB has a unique buff; a group wide passive AP pump. And whereas the Knight AP aura can dish out 40 AP per 10 sec (more realistic 0 if a chosen is present and also has AP aura), an IB can do up to 80 AP per 10 seconds. That means if grouped with a knight your dps will at best get 120 AP every 10s, and at worst get only 80. That's basically spoiling DPS.

Third, IB has very strong ST buffs that make you the best friend of any mdps in the warband. I'm not gonna mention them here, you should know them.

What else? Easy access to heal debuff; only aoe cone punt in the game; bla bla.

Looking forward to the winter IB whine.

ashton007

Post#15 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:08 pm

zulnam wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:28 am Haven't you got bored of complaining about IB every season? You keep saying other tanks have it easy: play other tanks then. Maybe IB is just to difficult tor you.

To start, a tank is a tank. I have not seen picky warbands in a long, long time. They don't even ask for gear and spec these days. You will always find spots, unless there's only one spot left and a knight and sm are also available, SnB and high RR. And even then if the lead is overflowing on the other two classes you have a good shot.

Secondly, IB has a unique buff; a group wide passive AP pump. And whereas the Knight AP aura can dish out 40 AP per 10 sec (more realistic 0 if a chosen is present and also has AP aura), an IB can do up to 80 AP per 10 seconds. That means if grouped with a knight your dps will at best get 120 AP every 10s, and at worst get only 80. That's basically spoiling DPS.

Third, IB has very strong ST buffs that make you the best friend of any mdps in the warband. I'm not gonna mention them here, you should know them.

First of all, you’re talking about tactics we can’t even afford here, second reread I have almost every tank in warlord/sov 80+.. Also imagine thinking you can run ap and healdebuff with some niche ass AoE punt and call yourself optimal. St buffs are the literal issue, they’re overwritten by knights every single thing we offer besides the AP pump and the one single target crit buff, but also having to go up 3 mastery-trees is “good”? Get that weak argument out of here.

zulnam

Post#16 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:13 pm

ashton007 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:08 pm
zulnam wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:28 am Haven't you got bored of complaining about IB every season? You keep saying other tanks have it easy: play other tanks then. Maybe IB is just to difficult tor you.

First of all, you’re talking about tactics we can’t even afford here, second reread I have almost every tank in warlord/sov 80+.. Also imagine thinking you can run ap and healdebuff with some niche ass AoE punt and call yourself optimal. St buffs are the literal issue, they’re overwritten by knights every single thing we offer besides the AP pump and the one single target crit buff, but also having to go up 3 mastery-trees is “good”? Get that weak argument out of here.
Why can't you afford it? Are you running sov with Ancestral Inheritance? :lol:

AP Pump + Heal Debuff

AP + AoE Punt

As a 80+ big boi sov master who played every tank you probly don't even need rugged. Swap it with a toughness pot to compensate a bit and here you go:

AP pump + Heal Debuff + AoE Punt

Before you start "but muh grumble n muttah" remember this is a team game, so it's always a pro to have a few healers behind you.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

ashton007

Post#17 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:24 pm

zulnam wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:13 pm
ashton007 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:08 pm

Why can't you afford it? Are you running sov with Ancestral Inheritance? :lol:

AP Pump + Heal Debuff

AP + AoE Punt

As a 80+ big boi sov master who played every tank you probly don't even need rugged. Swap it with a toughness pot to compensate a bit and here you go:

AP pump + Heal Debuff + AoE Punt

Before you start "but muh grumble n muttah" remember this is a team game, so it's always a pro to have a few healers behind you.
Funny how all the ib builds are a shitty tri spec. Furthering my point... I don’t use gnm or rugged sometimes AI is good vs heavy choppa teams, but again imagine trying to compete with a knight or SM for a spot with any single one of those builds, you will still be the last pick. You don’t bring an IB into WB unless you can’t find knight/SM deny it all u like but I actually play this game.

CountTalabecland

Post#18 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:07 pm

Just change the title of the post to "in city warbands."

If I am in ORvR, especially pug, I want IBs over most SMs. You can put IB and Knight in a choke point and they aren't going anywhere. In my experience most SMs you come across don't kit themselves out for guard dmg reduction as much. Not to mention, IB having essentially 100% uptime on +25% parry that gives the same to guard target is pretty great for HTL + not dying from guard dmg.

If I am running MDPS heavy, I would take IB over Shieldmaster on most days. I know ppl like to over analyze city, but most instances you just need tanks in Invader or Sov that are stacked defensively and can follow their guard target. City is all about negating the other sides healers and IB having strong ST CC abilities and Punishing Knock is quite good for it.

TLDR sure in some sense IB is not meta but I have never had trouble getting into any warband as a tank because Order has few tanks, even fewer ones that can guard + are specced correctly for mitigation.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
ExcretusMaximus

Post#19 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:14 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:07 pm In my experience most SMs you come across don't kit themselves out for guard dmg reduction as much.

I did not know this was a thing. How is it done? Just a lot of toughness, or something else?
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

ashton007

Post#20 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:47 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:07 pm Just change the title of the post to "in city warbands."

If I am in ORvR, especially pug, I want IBs over most SMs. You can put IB and Knight in a choke point and they aren't going anywhere. In my experience most SMs you come across don't kit themselves out for guard dmg reduction as much. Not to mention, IB having essentially 100% uptime on +25% parry that gives the same to guard target is pretty great for HTL + not dying from guard dmg.

If I am running MDPS heavy, I would take IB over Shieldmaster on most days. I know ppl like to over analyze city, but most instances you just need tanks in Invader or Sov that are stacked defensively and can follow their guard target. City is all about negating the other sides healers and IB having strong ST CC abilities and Punishing Knock is quite good for it.

TLDR sure in some sense IB is not meta but I have never had trouble getting into any warband as a tank because Order has few tanks, even fewer ones that can guard + are specced correctly for mitigation.
Yeah, really it is more so to do with the city and WB meta. But seems like IB just doesn’t retain the same value, been on order for a few months and it’s always me and a few other IB’s looking hard for a group while the bigger more organized war bands continuously search for kobs/SM. Just log in for one city and I promise you’ll see it repeatedly in the chat, “LF KOBS/Sm” etc etc. I have no problem finding groups for PvE and SC, but you will see those pro 24 mans holding out for the Sm and knight until they have no choice but to take an IB. I know I can’t be the only IB to see this. IB’s best role is punt and even knight does that better AND cheaper.