Recent Topics

Ads

Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
punk7712

Re: Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

Post#121 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:07 pm

sorc10 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:31 am just make xp scrolls stop working after 40rr. then people have less incentive to farm t4 lair weapons, jewerly unlocks, armor and stat pots to farm midtier scs for weeks. been there, did that on my slayer. got bored around rr58, doing 400k+ damage every sc.

leveling a destro in midtier is miserable. you see same order toons every day farming people without pause, twinked to the gills.

too bad noone in power will read this :)
This right here is a pretty clear cut description of the problem. Thank you! I was thinking yesterday that addressing the exp nerf scrolls might be the best way to get at the root of the problem. It's just extremely uncool to setup new players and casuals to get farmed like this.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#122 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:34 pm

biggest issue i have with devs catering to / empowering 6 mans is that they make bis weapons/jewlery locked behind strictly 6 man content, which is (speaking from experience) a freaking asspain to farm as a pug. (adding insult to injury where you could store the epic jewlery talisman in your bank when for those who didnt know it didnt farm these)

putting 6 men ahead by a ton when they are the ones who need it the least was a big mistake.

But that's pretty much the only issue I got, apart from that it's mostly ok i think.

Husti

Post#123 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:48 pm
Husti wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:25 pm
yeah, no. You are plain and simple wrong on this point.

Again, there are some classes that work pretty well with bolster. You can make pretty strong stealthers or tanks or some rpds twinks that even perform sub 30 but most classes, mainly mdps (e.g. WLs, Maras, mSHs, Slayers), 2hand tanks, RPs/Zealots or sorcs/bws are starting to gain huge power around 30 and above.

One is the lvl 29 devastator/duelist set, one is the higher crit with 30 renown points and there are several others, like RP/Zealot group bubble or WL/Mara 50% armor pierce and stuff like that.

Sure, you could get mayhem set, but pretty much nobody does because it is not that easy to get, you level up to the lvl 29 set pretty quick and you have to do boring pve for it, so it is not worth the afford. And even if you do, your power is still lower due to less renown points and probably missing key abilities/tactics.

To sum it up... classes around 30 and above are usually a lot stronger than those below, especially certain dps classes and healers. Rank matters! With most SCs being king of the hill SCs more than ever.
How can you even judge this, while all your contribution on different topics is like "x is too strong or unfair, please fix"?!
Instead of working on yourself how to beat the enemy, you prefer to pick the easy way.
Yes, around 30 you have once again an up-to-date set to get a high bolster, a lot more skills and the ability to spec one path pretty high.
The lvl 17 DPS still has stronger abilities IF they don't run around with t1 gear and use talismans.
The lvl30 has more crit, ok but the crit rates are still very low compared to t4 and high base damage compensates for a lack of crit.
How I can judge this? After playing hundreds of midtier SCs, I think I can.
So after running out of arguments you are blaming it on me? I see...
Maybe it's just you thinking to know everything better, which you don't. Maybe it's you thinking the system is best as it is, which obviously isn't when some classes are always wanted and some classes are not. Maybe you should start acpeting other opinions and learn from it instead of just defending your point of view and running around with blinds.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#124 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Joined:Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:30 amLast active:Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:53 pmTotal posts:103 | Search user’s posts
(0.02% of all posts / 2.34 posts per day)Most active forum:General Discussion
(39 Posts / 37.86% of user’s posts)Most active topic:Full regen build ruining the game
(14 Posts / 13.59% of user’s posts)

LMAO

Xirucio

Post#125 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:18 pm

Most of the premade groups, if not all, are run by Destro and they are prominent in the EU prime time. One can avoid to join at that time, grab a group or stubbornly join solo and loose most of them, like me .(400 Oppressors Emblems left to squiz)
Premades are a part of the MMO culture and the only viable answer to them is to respond with a premade of your own.

Sulorie

Post#126 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:07 pm

Husti wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:28 pm
How I can judge this? After playing hundreds of midtier SCs, I think I can.
So after running out of arguments you are blaming it on me? I see...
Maybe it's just you thinking to know everything better, ...
I indeed question your experience. If I recall it right, you had trouble with AOE spec bw in SC, because chosen magic reflect aura. Similar to your arguing in this topic, you don't even tried to overcome the problem by adjusting your spec - hint: not every spec is viable in all circumstances - you instead wanted to "fix" the problem.

Everything is such a broad term, let's stick to this topic, I do. :^)
Dying is no option.

Xirucio

Post#127 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:02 pm

Hey guys, im here after loosing 4 Sc's in a row, 3 of them were so painful that the Order had to surrender.
Coincidence? I don't think so!
Indeed, this Destro abnormal effectiveness needs a deeper analysis!

CyunUnderis

Post#128 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:10 pm

That's funny, I tried 3 times to form a SC party Order side today. People join me only the last try.

Order players prefer complain, play the blame game (no tank guarding, no healers, no dps, ...), surrender in each game they go, hoping to find a premade to carry them, instead of group up, assist and organize. Change my mind.

Ads
Xirucio

Post#129 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:21 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:10 pm Change my mind.
It's funny, that in other games where you can't change factions on the same server i wouldnt be able to address that, but here...where Order is pretty much Desto and vice-versa, your point don't stand the test of ''certain faction players'' flaws. Which only leads us to technical ''differences'', in a form of imbalance, maybe?
Still, i don't personally mind, but maybe new players would interiorize this vs Destro experience a bit different.

DirkDaring

Post#130 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:43 pm

I remember several years ago, people would form a premade all on voice coms, but they would group up in groups of two, and que as a duo, until everyone in the premade all got into the same scenario. Then they would reform the premade, to farm pugs so they could get easy wins.

I also remember premades, taking turns winning in scenarios, one scenario, dest would win, and the order premade in the same scenario wouldn`t do anything, so the game ended fast.

Then next scenario, the same dest premade that won the last scenario would do nothing, and let the order premade from the last sc win this time, to speed up wins, and emblem farm. :lol: