Recent Topics

Ads

Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
punk7712

Re: Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

Post#91 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:47 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:05 am
Toggle wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:42 pm Those low levels outhealing rank 30+ are outliers. You’ve played this game long enough to know that.

Thanks for telling me what my perspective is. I appreciate it. That’s sarcasm. I don’t use smilies, so I figured I would note that.

Balanced means exactly that, equal playing field. Mid tier SCs are not balanced by that definition and never will be due to gear, availability of skills, and RR point disparities…even when bolster is taken into account. Personally, I think trying to balance them is a fools errand, but that doesn’t make them “balanced”.
Any class with any rank can do it, so it's not a matter of lowlvls vs r35+ but experienced players, who know how to prepare their char vs inexperienced ones.
Give both teams the same ranks and the results will be no different, when some have adequate gear - which requires no farming - and some have gear 10+ ranks lower than their char rank or missing pieces.
The amount of available rr points due to rr=rank cap is nowhere near a deciding factor in midtier.

Btw, when you read again, you will find a question, not a statement.

The kind of balance you want to have won't ever happen, as it requires equal player skill on both sides. This doesn't work in ranked and it won't work in normal queue.
The side, which wants to win more, will win. To win, every player in the team has to do their fair share, which means learning the class and gearing up properly, no matter the rank.
Dude you are going to convince nobody with this "nothing but player skill matters" bullshit you keep babbling.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#92 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 am

punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:47 am
Dude you are going to convince nobody with this "nothing but player skill matters" bullshit you keep babbling.
Don't worry, I will keep saying it, so at least someone uses no cheap excuses for losing SC.
Dying is no option.

punk7712

Post#93 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 am
Don't worry, I will keep saying it, so at least someone uses no cheap excuses for losing SC.
There is no comparison between my Black Orc when he was level 16 fresh in mid tier scenarios, and him now at RR30 with full duelist gear, and enough points for T'ree hit combo. You also can't honestly tell us someone who blows 150 gold on armor talismans doesn't have a serious advantage?

Foltestik

Post#94 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:35 am

punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:44 am
Uncas23 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:10 pm My suggestion: Make the exp and rp rewards better for the losing team. For me losing is not necessarily demotivating but when I get no progress out of it.
If you try but fail you should still get decent exp and rp rewards.
exactly. I see a lot of people saying this. Myself included.
if you make more renown/xp for losing you will see more people AFKing in sc, we was there :D

Sulorie

Post#95 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:42 am

punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 am There is no comparison between my Black Orc when he was level 16 fresh in mid tier scenarios, and him now at RR30 with full duelist gear, and enough points for T'ree hit combo. You also can't honestly tell us someone who blows 150 gold on armor talismans doesn't have a serious advantage?
I talked about player experience, to know what spec to use when and what gear to get where.

You shouldn't play 2h as fresh level 16 in midtier SC, you shouldn't even play SC at that time, albeit you can.
Best would be to get keeper set, which will give a lot XP towards level 17. You get blue items as well for lvl 16 to 18.
Slot at least green talismans and you will have a good amount of stats to have a good bolster.
Then again, being e.g. a tank you should go for defense first, when being at bottom end of a bracket.
Imagine a tank guarding instead of melting with a silly 2h despite even having useful 2h exclusive skills.
Talking about BO, your shield gives you an armor buff skill, which is pretty high with bolster.
Like I mentioned at the beginning, know the right spec for a certain rank.
I don't doubt, that your lvl30 feels or better IS more potent than a lvl16+ but what is the purpose of a tank and can you do your job? Being reliable with guard is already more than most tanks in midtier deliver just from a skill perspective.
Do you think a team loses because of the lowlvl tank guarding or the 30+ with trash gear and 2h, skipping guard and melting in enemy backline?
I don't think you ever have to spend 150g on a single set to buy amor talismans in midtier, especially on a tank.
But I guess you will notice when enemy DPS go on tanks first as usual, as frontline brawler without reliable heals.
Dying is no option.

punk7712

Post#96 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:39 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:42 am
punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 am There is no comparison between my Black Orc when he was level 16 fresh in mid tier scenarios, and him now at RR30 with full duelist gear, and enough points for T'ree hit combo. You also can't honestly tell us someone who blows 150 gold on armor talismans doesn't have a serious advantage?
I talked about player experience, to know what spec to use when and what gear to get where.

You shouldn't play 2h as fresh level 16 in midtier SC, you shouldn't even play SC at that time, albeit you can.
Best would be to get keeper set, which will give a lot XP towards level 17. You get blue items as well for lvl 16 to 18.
Slot at least green talismans and you will have a good amount of stats to have a good bolster.
Then again, being e.g. a tank you should go for defense first, when being at bottom end of a bracket.
Imagine a tank guarding instead of melting with a silly 2h despite even having useful 2h exclusive skills.
Talking about BO, your shield gives you an armor buff skill, which is pretty high with bolster.
Like I mentioned at the beginning, know the right spec for a certain rank.
I don't doubt, that your lvl30 feels or better IS more potent than a lvl16+ but what is the purpose of a tank and can you do your job? Being reliable with guard is already more than most tanks in midtier deliver just from a skill perspective.
Do you think a team loses because of the lowlvl tank guarding or the 30+ with trash gear and 2h, skipping guard and melting in enemy backline?
I don't think you ever have to spend 150g on a single set to buy amor talismans in midtier, especially on a tank.
But I guess you will notice when enemy DPS go on tanks first as usual, as frontline brawler without reliable heals.
This guy premades. The point wasnt to discuss tank roles in mid tier scenarios, but rather point out there can be vast power differences. I agree, that in a premade group a tank should tank. However, in a PUG you can end up useless if you go full deftard. I was in a PUG group last night that was 3 BOs, a chosen, SH, and shaman. What now? Just go jack off in the corner I guess.

Asderas27

Post#97 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:23 pm

How is this post still going on ?
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

punk7712

Post#98 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:59 pm

Foltestik wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:35 am
punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:44 am
Uncas23 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:10 pm My suggestion: Make the exp and rp rewards better for the losing team. For me losing is not necessarily demotivating but when I get no progress out of it.
If you try but fail you should still get decent exp and rp rewards.
exactly. I see a lot of people saying this. Myself included.
if you make more renown/xp for losing you will see more people AFKing in sc, we was there :D
Surely there is a way to address this without punishing non AFK players.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#99 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:14 pm

punk7712 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:39 pm
This guy premades. The point wasnt to discuss tank roles in mid tier scenarios, but rather point out there can be vast power differences. I agree, that in a premade group a tank should tank. However, in a PUG you can end up useless if you go full deftard. I was in a PUG group last night that was 3 BOs, a chosen, SH, and shaman. What now? Just go jack off in the corner I guess.
So it's about solo 2h tanks, who pug SC, who see no land in midtier, because they encounter premades? :lol:

In a pug, you become useless, when you go 2h, while being squishy and melt first and/or refuse to guard, because you will die even faster.
When your level and gear is rather low, to still be able to fullfil your core role, you go for defense.
Your perception of power gaps is the result of wrong decisions at a certain rank.
You feeling strong with 30 doesn't mean one has to feel weak at 17+.
Dying is no option.

penagos22

Post#100 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:37 am
If skill mattered, the game could not be played without visual effects and I can assure you that there are people who play with everything turned off. This game is not about pressing buttons it is about positioning and decision making; Also as you are a player with a high ability you should look for people who are a challenge not to farm the poor Billy who is trying to get the blue weapon.