Recent Topics

Ads

Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kaeldrick

Re: Premade facerolling is a problem in SC

Post#41 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:05 am

DeaconBlues76 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:14 pm The replies are what I expected: unintelligent and juvenile. Seems I am against the brainless crowd that supports corrupted gameplay because having "power" over most of the base is "funny" and "fun".

I never thought back in 2008 or so that this community would behave like Call of Duty or WoW. I am deeply disappointed and letdown by the immature and callous attitudes of this community.
Type .pug
Join the PUG scenario
Enjoy
Close the topic
Thank you

Ads
Everdin

Post#42 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:57 am

DeaconBlues76 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:41 am So, I'm bringing this up again, and hoping to get some mature discussion, unlike the first post that got juvenile responses like: "lol ur jst salty" or "u nd 2 git gud".

DISCLAIMER: That's not helpful or well thought, and is said by people who need to feel "better" than someone else. Won't be tolerated, so if you want to give childish, stupid responses, know that you will be blocked and comment removed.

It's been a month, and nearly everyday has been unplayable for SC's. There is no fun in being trolled by carried assholes who think having an unfair advantage is funny and cute. Personally, I think people who do this have a lot of personal issues, but not going to judge. Just that it says a lot about someone.

Back when this game was first online with Mythic, there was a whole different generation of gamers and our community was different. That has all changed, and most of the community is more toxic and out of touch with what a community is. It's flooded with immature and insulting behavior, and sadly; SC's are proof of an unchecked community. It's time to let people know that trolling, griefing, and overall douchery to inhibit the gameplay for others will NOT be tolerated. The CoD attitude doesn't belong in the WAR community.

I won't complain and not propose an idea for a solution. If "join as a group" was disabled, that would end the issue, for the most part. It could at least be experimental for a short period of time to observe it's progress.

If you disagree, fine. Do so in a respective and mature manner.
You are complaining about toxic players and call premade player "carried assholes"?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

DeaconBlues76
Suspended

Post#43 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:58 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:29 am This rant reads almost like a satire or trolling

Starts with:
hoping to get some mature discussion
Proceeds with:
...people who need to feel "better" than someone else...
...childish, stupid responses...
...being trolled by carried asshole...
...I think people who do this have a lot of personal issues, but not going to judge. Just that it says a lot about someone...
...most of the community is more toxic and out of touch...
...flooded with immature and insulting behavior...
...trolling, griefing, and overall douchery...
...The CoD attitude...
And then this gem at the end:
I won't complain

Do you genuinely think this is how "mature discussion" looks like? Absolutely ridiculous.

Beyond that, talking about "different generation of gamers" and being completely unaware that majority of this community is in their 30s - sometihng that is obvious to anyone who interacts with fellow players.
While also demanding that social interaction, playing together with friends and guildmates be replaced with matchmaking

It is probably the guy who already posted twice on reddit - complaining about immaturity and insulting behavior, while telling people to "git gud" and calling them idiots in the replies.

p.s. the discussion about pug vs premade is worth having, but not when you start it with such a rude, dismissive and ignorant attitude - nobody will take you seriously
p.p.s. and all of that before we even begin to talk about game mechanics and class design

I see that you wish to attempt a derailment or dismantle via personal attacks and addressing me personally and judging character. Not only is any of it irrelevant, it's also clear that you don't agree with the topic and cannot formulate a counter argument to the topic, somehow. I pity you, and hope you choose to be a bit more informed and grown up in your responses, with a well thought solution to the topic's problem. If you cannot compose yourself in a mature and proper manner, I will have to block and report your improper behavior. I will not tolerate any further insults, personal assessments and attacks and overall negative behavior.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#44 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Take your shitposting back to reddit. Stop baiting people.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

DeaconBlues76
Suspended

Post#45 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:04 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:12 pm Can someone clarify to me, whether I comprehend this OP correctly?
It's about childish and toxic players within our community, while OP is calling premade players assholes?
There must be some deeper meaning, help me finding it!
No, the problem is premades never want to fight each other. They double stack groups in SC's and when they do have a good fight they hide in their warcamp. Problem is pop is pretty short in some hours and pugs don't want to face premades so they log out or just zerg it up. If every SC was balanced it would be better for everyone. If a six man group is in an SC, just make sure the other side has one. Don't put two groups of 4-6 in one SC if it is a 12 man SC.

Pretty simple.

Thank you for a well thought and well spoken solution. It's a cool breeze on a hot day.

Bloodmasked

Post#46 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:12 pm Can someone clarify to me, whether I comprehend this OP correctly?
It's about childish and toxic players within our community, while OP is calling premade players assholes?
No, the problem is premades never want to fight each other. They double stack groups in SC's and when they do have a good fight they hide in their warcamp. Problem is pop is pretty short in some hours and pugs don't want to face premades so they log out or just zerg it up. If every SC was balanced it would be better for everyone. If a six man group is in an SC, just make sure the other side has one. Don't put two groups of 4-6 in one SC if it is a 12 man SC.

Pretty simple.
or just make your own premade and stop crying

sogeou

Post#47 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Bloodmasked wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Pretty simple.
Yes, making premades in T1 is really fun. Like beating a baby. With a premade in any SC there is no challenge, so you want easy fights? Or good balanced fights? I think I know the ones you want. There is a reason 6v6's are dead.

Sulorie

Post#48 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:43 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Pretty simple.
Yes, making premades in T1 is really fun. Like beating a baby. With a premade in any SC there is no challenge, so you want easy fights? Or good balanced fights? I think I know the ones you want. There is a reason 6v6's are dead.
How about both sides make premades to have balanced fights. Do you think some random matchmaking will give you balanced fights? You don't have balance just because both sides get some randomized trash setups and all play be themselves.
There is no challenge in begging matchmaker to not dump you in a game without healers, too many DPS or people unable to click a white flag in order to fix groups.
SC are group content, where being in a group is rewarded. This is no single player game.
Be glad you have pug SC.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#49 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:20 pm

Pretty simple.
games dead because game breaking bugs like blast pot lag are ignored in favor of pve updates, not because you are bad at the game :)

sogeou

Post#50 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 pm

Bloodmasked wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 pm

games dead because game breaking bugs like blast pot lag are ignored in favor of pve updates, not because you are bad at the game :)
Maybe blast pots hurt your potato PC.

How does me wanted balanced SC's make me bad at the game? I don't enjoy winning 500v0 guard humping NPCs.