Recent Topics

Ads

Please revert Logrin's Forge mechanics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
navis

Please revert Logrin's Forge mechanics

Post#1 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:39 am

It has been fun to try Logrin's forge mechanic, but in my experience it has made it more of a king of the hill type scenario. I think the older mechanic gave players more to offer as far as being more unique than what it is now.
Every match I've played there has been most all players fighting in the center with one two others going to solo-cap the sides, if one side does get to take center.
I find the old mechanic more dynamic and if you are losing bad you have a better chance to try and recap and earn some points.

Ads
ExcretusMaximus

Re: Please revert Logrin's Forge mechanics

Post#2 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:31 am

What was the previous mechanic?
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:31 am What was the previous mechanic?
the old mechanic meant the objectives were time bombs that exploded and instantly killed anybody within like 100ft. it was awfully implemented and boring.

Husti

Post#4 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 am

pvprangergod wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 am
the old mechanic meant the objectives were time bombs that exploded and instantly killed anybody within like 100ft. it was awfully implemented and boring.
I think he meant the live version mechanic, where there was one object on each side, none in the middle and you had to hold both object for a few seconds to lock in. No explosion if I remember right. Only khaines embrace had the explosion.

I also liked that old live mechanic better. You had better chances of winning vs dominating groups, by evading them and ninja objects. It was more dynamic and more strategic.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:42 am

Husti wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 am
I think he meant the live version mechanic, where there was one object on each side, none in the middle and you had to hold both object for a few seconds to lock in. No explosion if I remember right. Only khaines embrace had the explosion.

I also liked that old live mechanic better. You had better chances of winning vs dominating groups, by evading them and ninja objects. It was more dynamic and more strategic.
oh idk what the live version was

don775

Post#6 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:51 am

I think its good the way it is just that middle should give less points than sides.

zulnam

Post#7 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:56 am

That sounds pretty fun tbh; very similar to High Pass. Always love me some HP.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

dalen
Developer

Post#8 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:41 pm

zulnam wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:56 am

That sounds pretty fun tbh; very similar to High Pass. Always love me some HP.
The original was identical to the High Pass cemetary mechanic.

The main issue with that though is that as soon as one realm is ahead in points they can just defend one of the sides with all 12 players. While other side has to try and take both capture point at same time and split their forces.

So very easy to stall the scenario and win it, but takes 15 min and becomes fairly boring.
Source Developer

Ads
navis

Post#9 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:05 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:41 pm
The main issue with that though is that as soon as one realm is ahead in points they can just defend one of the sides with all 12 players. While other side has to try and take both capture point at same time and split their forces.

So very easy to stall the scenario and win it, but takes 15 min and becomes fairly boring.
I think we all know that players pretty much never will defend an objective to win. They always go after more kills=more renown.

Martok

Post#10 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:13 am

The current Logrin's Forge mechanic is fine. High Pass Cemetery still sucks, however.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...