Recent Topics

Ads

Full regen build ruining the game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CyunUnderis

Re: Full regen build ruining the game

Post#51 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:47 am

Husti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:05 am you do not understand that damage was a lot different on live.

Just a quick reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwHYqqCJqY

How many stealthers do see disappear infront of his eyes? NONE, because there was no vanish. Stealthers in RoR have new tools to surive, they don't need that reggen on top.

With the neutered ranged damage classes and poop damage in RoR it is a lot harder to kill these def build stealthers with their "lol I just disappear button" and tanks.

This game is a different version of the live. I don't think this is a good idea to always compare RoR to AoR...

Ads
reynor007

Post#52 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:05 am

Husti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:05 am
reynor007 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:29 pm
Husti wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:14 pm
I've only noticed chosens and WEs so far with reggen builds. Don't know who else is using them but I can tell you that those who are using it are far stronger than most other opponents in small encounters. Especially for stealthers that have the ability to vanish/stagger and come back again the reggen is gold. In a fight where one side has reggen and the other has not every additional second gives you reggen, more health and an advantage. It's not the reggen alone, it's the combination of reggen, absorb, defenses, vanish/stagger, some heals, damage, armor ignore, procs and stealth that makes it so strong. There is a reason why they are running this regen stuff which costs a fortune in the AH. It works.
you do not understand the concept of def WE, this build is viable and was invented, only for the reason that WB and kisses ignore tough, and you could completely focus on defensive characteristics, only def we, due to its specifics, can completely neglect attack parameters
although it's still funny to watch how stupidly copy this build
you do not understand that damage was a lot different on live.

Just a quick reminder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwHYqqCJqY

How many stealthers do see disappear infront of his eyes? NONE, because there was no vanish. Stealthers in RoR have new tools to surive, they don't need that reggen on top.

With the neutered ranged damage classes and poop damage in RoR it is a lot harder to kill these def build stealthers with their "lol I just disappear button" and tanks.
I do not understand how this funny video is related to what we are discussing, but if you did not know on live, 100rr regen tank could not kill the warband
Last edited by reynor007 on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Husti

Post#53 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:13 am

reynor007 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:05 am I do not understand how this funny video is related to what we are discussing, but if you did not know on live, 100rr regen tank could not kill the warband
What's not to understand here? The weaker the damage of the classes the stronger the def and reggen builds are... it's that easy.

reynor007

Post#54 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:14 am

Husti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:13 am
reynor007 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:05 am I do not understand how this funny video is related to what we are discussing, but if you did not know on live, 100rr regen tank could not kill the warband
What's not to understand here? The weaker the damage of the classes the stronger the def and reggen builds are... it's that easy.
here's proof that everything was exactly the same, only if you look at the damage of this BG, you will immediately understand that you could have escaped from it with a pawn on wc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiJmhkbatLo&t=34s
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Caduceus

Post#55 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:29 am

Wiede wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:16 am

"Regen build overperforming" is literally the epitome of an undergeared or wrong build/bad played DPS that is convinced just because he picked a DPS archetype that he has the natural right to successfully kill anything he touches. We have the same behavior or opinions with DPS vs. healers or melee vs. kiters all the time.

This is nonsense. Regen tanks dominate almost every other class in this regard. I assume with "undergeared/wrong build" you mean that if DPS classes spec for full damage they would have an easier time, but this is just plain wrong. Any regen/survivability build will devour glass cannon DPS.

"A natural right to kill"?

What about an actual fight to begin with, rather than a loss by default?

Three archetypes dominate the dueling/small-scale scene: AM/Shaman, regen tanks/WH/WE. All the other classes have no contest versus these classes, assuming they are played well.

Maybe you believe that this is fine, because RoR isn't balanced around 1v1, etc. That's fair enough. But let's not sit here and pretend these classes/archetypes do not dominate utterly.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

reynor007

Post#56 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:36 am

Caduceus wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:29 am

"Regen build overperforming" is literally the epitome of an undergeared or wrong build/bad played DPS that is convinced just because he picked a DPS archetype that he has the natural right to successfully kill anything he touches. We have the same behavior or opinions with DPS vs. healers or melee vs. kiters all the time.

This is nonsense. Regen tanks dominate almost every other class in this regard. I assume with "undergeared/wrong build" you mean that if DPS classes spec for full damage they would have an easier time, but this is just plain wrong. Any regen/survivability build will devour glass cannon DPS.

Three archetypes dominate the dueling/small-scale scene: AM/Shaman, regen tanks/WH/WE. All the other classes have no contest versus these classes, assuming they are played well.

Maybe you believe that this is fine, because RoR isn't balanced around 1v1, etc. That's fair enough. But let's not sit here and pretend these classes/archetypes do not dominate utterly.
I disagree with you, full dps magus, will kill any full regen tanka in just 15-20 seconds and soon I will show you the proof of this
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Husti

Post#57 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 am

agree. listen to this guy. everything he said in this thread was on point.
Last edited by Husti on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

reynor007

Post#58 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:44 am

Husti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 am

agree. listen to this guy.
I can say that the balance does not stand still, the meta and builds change, would you try to tell my friend full dps chosen, that regen is OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRwNIr1Dgzk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqDfQWUf2DY
first, take a close look at the damage and answer your question, how much regeneration is needed to survive such damage
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Ads
Husti

Post#59 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:47 am

reynor007 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:44 am I can say that the balance does not stand still, the meta and builds change, would you try to tell my friend full dps chosen, that regen is OP
first, take a close look at the damage and answer your question, how much regeneration is needed to survive such damage
That was before the chosen tactic nerf. They can't do this anymore. Survivability is king atm.
Last edited by Husti on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

reynor007

Post#60 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:49 am

Husti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:47 am
reynor007 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:44 am I can say that the balance does not stand still, the meta and builds change, would you try to tell my friend full dps chosen, that regen is OP
That was before the chosen tactic nerf. They can't do this anymore.
read carefully what I wrote
and yes it was over a year ago
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+