Recent Topics

Ads

Full regen build ruining the game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BeautfulToad

Re: Full regen build ruining the game

Post#91 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:01 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:57 pm Well specced healer's HOT ticks for 650+ and crits for 2-3K - hot alone, before any ST heals or grp heals etc. And it's ok since DoTs can tick for 700+ and crit for 2k+.

Solo player with regen build that requires sacrificing gear bonuses, defence stats, renown points and burst - the more regen he gets the more stats he looses. Heal debuff will lower those numbers down. Gods forbid that regen build tries to fight against a party...
Just think there should be a cap on health regen. There is a soft cap on healing crit and healing dots since you can't infinitely stack willpower. There's a cap on healing output. You are just saying the cap should be quite high. I don't disagree with that.

You think there should be no cap?
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
ashton007

Post#92 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:03 pm

Your IB isn’t going to kill any tanks without having warlord and double armor debuff (ability+m1) as for you, you should b spamming spirit attacks on a tank, it’s literally the only source of dmg you’ll do.

NSKaneda

Post#93 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:10 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:01 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:57 pm
Spoiler:
Well specced healer's HOT ticks for 650+ and crits for 2-3K - hot alone, before any ST heals or grp heals etc. And it's ok since DoTs can tick for 700+ and crit for 2k+.

Solo player with regen build that requires sacrificing gear bonuses, defence stats, renown points and burst - the more regen he gets the more stats he looses. Heal debuff will lower those numbers down. Gods forbid that regen build tries to fight against a party...
Just think there should be a cap on health regen. There is a soft cap on healing crit and healing dots since you can't infinitely stack willpower. There's a cap on healing output. You are just saying the cap should be quite high. I don't disagree with that.

You think there should be no cap?

There is a cap - you can only get so much regen as items + renown + liniment allows you to have. It comes at a price of sacrificing other stats. Can be debuffed. Pretty balanced for me ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

tazdingo

Post#94 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:33 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:46 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:18 pm Solo roaming is for those who want to test themselves and their build. It's unbalanced, yes, but it's supposed to be so - after all you're going solo against the world (nec Hercules contra plures). It's fun, it's challenging but it should never be considered as a ground for balancing the game because it's impossible.

If 1% of playerbase can do amazing things with their classes it should be a goal for everyone else to strive for (because it can be done) - dumbing the game and classes down will not make average joe a better player. Hard work and practice will.

Regen build is not relevant for warbands - any HOT from a (well specced) healer will perform better. It's a novelty for solo roamers or crafting farmers. If it spoils your 1v1 experience then get better at it instead of calling for nerfs.
It's one or two that are excessive. You could cap health regen at 800 HP per tick (probably even 400-500), it would still be strong, and would cover like 95% of the builds with it.

800 a tick is possibly the current absolute maximum attainable by going all in with every known source, slightly higher may be doable with more of these esoteric blue items & any helm/gloves/belt or cloak with regen hidden away in a backwater pq somewhere

300/400 a tick is what a tank can currently get without even attempting to stack regen, just by wearing bis and using certain abilities/tactics

what's the point of a cap when through massive effort and sacrifice you can only just about double the magnitude of a relatively minor effect compared to what you would've accidentally had anyway? why restrict build diversity and theorcrafting even further? just remove half of the trees at that point

Omegus

Post#95 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Can anyone confirm if the regen stat is affected by incoming and outgoing heal debuffs? A healer self-healing can have the heals on themselves reduced by 75% if double-debuffed, just wondering if the same applied to regen.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Mordecaieth

Post#96 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:25 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:18 pm
Mordecaieth wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:07 pm Call it a niche playstyle, but in regards to potential traffic that content like this brings to the server, is it really not that important to iron out a kink or two in the solo roaming scene?

Solo roaming is for those who want to test themselves and their build. It's unbalanced, yes, but it's supposed to be so - after all you're going solo against the world (nec Hercules contra plures). It's fun, it's challenging but it should never be considered as a ground for balancing the game because it's impossible.

If 1% of playerbase can do amazing things with their classes it should be a goal for everyone else to strive for (because it can be done) - dumbing the game and classes down will not make average joe a better player. Hard work and practice will.

Regen build is not relevant for warbands - any HOT from a (well specced) healer will perform better. It's a novelty for solo roamers or crafting farmers. If it spoils your 1v1 experience then get better at it instead of calling for nerfs.
Ah yes, another post which has carefully taken into account the things I have laid out in my own. I like how you slapped a little "get gud" on the end there. Classy.

tldr; told me to get good, while defending the one build in the game that takes the least amount of skill to play.

Sulorie

Post#97 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:59 pm

normanis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:54 pm 2h tank should assist mdps not vice versa. that why its called tank and melle damage per second. if 2h deal more damage than mdps than we have problem
We are so lucky, that they don't do more damage than mdps.
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#98 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:08 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:33 pm 800 a tick is possibly the current absolute maximum attainable by going all in with every known source, slightly higher may be doable with more of these esoteric blue items & any helm/gloves/belt or cloak with regen hidden away in a backwater pq somewhere

300/400 a tick is what a tank can currently get without even attempting to stack regen, just by wearing bis and using certain abilities/tactics

what's the point of a cap when through massive effort and sacrifice you can only just about double the magnitude of a relatively minor effect compared to what you would've accidentally had anyway? why restrict build diversity and theorcrafting even further? just remove half of the trees at that point
300/400 is fine, if heal debuff applies to it, the guy posting a youtube video was hitting 1.2k

Ads
diegomess

Post#99 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:01 pm

I dont think regen is a bad thing for the game, it is always a good thing to have choices so you can spec how you want, thing is regen shines way more in some classes like tanks for the mitigation and assassins because they have a very strong regen tactics or abilities already like IB/BG and ofc engi/magus.

As tank myself it is strong but boring, you end up losing more interesting stats like damage, wounds or futile strikes. For example i just run the armor+pocket regen thats like 260 and i found it to be the sweet spot, it gives me a chance to try multiple builds... regen helps you against unfair 1vX situations and bullshit dots but it doesnt help against high burst at all.

Basically is something like this.
TankVsTank: wins whoever has more regen, spirit dmg advantage or simply way more dmg and the other doesnt have enough regen or mitigation... but in the end regen wins and mostly if you have IB/BG ability that is basically a regen pot.

Tank vs mdps: highly effective if you have good parry and they dont have enough armor pen, you are in trouble if they do as regen wont save you from burst.

Tank vs assassin: simple, if you survive the initial high burst damage then the regen starts to work while you recover, still doesnt guarantee a win as they have so many tools to defeat you or escape... against regen assassins is way harder because they still have nice burst but their regen tactic/abilities gives them the upper hand in fights + they have more time to cycle their combo rotations without dying.

Tank vs healers: it works against melee WP/DoK if you combo it with high parry and absorb tactics/abilities... against AM/sham? You can deny a dots basically, still cant do **** against them and you will end up dying. You have more chance if your tank is physical dmg oriented.

Tank vs mage: it feels useless against magus, regen wont save u from their burst, same against BW/sorc if they do know how to kite.

Against deftard engi: feels like fighting another tank, i have won most matches but is not easy as they will wait for their m3 to burst you down.

Please dont remove a playstyle/spec from the game just because is strong in very low scale game, i like that there is many ways you can spec your toon in the game.

My solution for this would be that passive hp/4sec doesnt work or its half as strong if you are potting or have a self healing tactic ability thing so it doesnt stack to bullshit numbers? Or the more regen u have then all other healing sources are less effective? Dunno.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

space44

Post#100 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:24 pm

bruh this whole thread is just a collection of people who lost a fight against a regen build player. imagine losing in a game lol
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.