Recent Topics

Ads

Full regen build ruining the game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sharpblader

Re: Full regen build ruining the game

Post#141 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:22 pm

Ignoring the purists, whose sole purpose is to remind everyone how this game should be played, and the players who do not understand that solo, 1v1, 1vX, etc has a completely different meta, full regen tanks are not ruining the game.

In group play, focusing on regen as a tank is a waste of resources. Hence, has almost 0 impact in this zerg oriented game.

In solo play, ONLY regen is not effective unless fighting dps AM/Sham or dps RP/Zealot. Relatively high avoidance AND mitigation is needed to complement regen to make the 2h tank a beast. They are definitely S tier in this mode, but not without counters.

P.S. - Let's not classify the IB and BG self heal ability as regen because they are prone to heal debuffs while regen is unaffected by it.

Ads
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#142 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:28 pm

Most 2 handed tanks will only get up to 300-400 or so regen, before having to cut some stats, and if you get to that point, its not worth, and even then regen is a solo build. most of the time 2 handed solo tanks will go for DPS or other 2 handed tanks (healers rarely, but you can kill them still). on a tank on tank fight its usually who can regen more (but still who can damage more) and skill, and DPS who can last the longest and depending on skill. Regen is pretty much useless in the group aspect cause of burst dmg

Freyn

Post#143 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:57 pm Well specced healer's HOT ticks for 650+ and crits for 2-3K - hot alone, before any ST heals or grp heals etc. And it's ok since DoTs can tick for 700+ and crit for 2k+.
I'd just like to know how exactly heal crits are doing 500% of the regular value, there must've been a patch I missed!

NSKaneda

Post#144 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:19 am

Freyn wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:57 pm Well specced healer's HOT ticks for 650+ and crits for 2-3K - hot alone, before any ST heals or grp heals etc. And it's ok since DoTs can tick for 700+ and crit for 2k+.
I'd just like to know how exactly heal crits are doing 500% of the regular value, there must've been a patch I missed!

Tactics. Items. Liniments. Skills - all of those can boost crit heal value. If you know which ones to use.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Keula

Post#145 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:50 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:19 am
Freyn wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Tactics. Items. Liniments. Skills - all of those can boost crit heal value. If you know which ones to use.
...?
What?
There is nothing as far as i know that boosts the value of heal crits that doesn't buff non-crit heals as well aside from boost proc 12%(I think it exists for heals as well...). And that 2k+ hot tick you got that one time was probably on a Chosen using M2
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Toshutkidup

Post#146 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:15 am

As a solo player I wouldn’t call it ruining the game. Solo is a very small aspect to the overall game and generally doesn’t have a large impact on outcomes of zones overall. Now if you want to say cheesy to play a regen spec and solo and hope to fight mdps who don’t have or really use regen then that I will agree with.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

NSKaneda

Post#147 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:58 am

Keula wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:50 am There is nothing as far as i know that boosts the value of heal crits that doesn't buff non-crit heals as well aside from boost proc 12%(I think it exists for heals as well...). And that 2k+ hot tick you got that one time was probably on a Chosen using M2

Key words: as far as you know. And it was on rr80+ choppa. Roaming in Eataine.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Omegus

Post#148 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:00 am

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:58 am
Keula wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:50 am There is nothing as far as i know that boosts the value of heal crits that doesn't buff non-crit heals as well aside from boost proc 12%(I think it exists for heals as well...). And that 2k+ hot tick you got that one time was probably on a Chosen using M2
Let's not turn this into another Leaping Alteration issue ;). What combination of spec and gear gives you a 5x bonus on crit heals, and how does a Choppa help?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#149 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:26 am

Please rename the topic: "Full regen build ruining MY game"

Keula

Post#150 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:05 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:58 am

I stand corrected, 2k+ hots are possible it seems. I have apparently healed myself for max noncrit 1376, crit 2072 with soul infusion according to enemy logs. I have no idea how thats possible considering the highest i've healed is only 2277, 3155 on a chosen, with a supposed 300% buff, so my guess is there is some wonky buffstacking and the chosen one isn't really a 300% increase.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM