Recent Topics

Ads

Full regen build ruining the game

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sunshinefuntime

Re: Full regen build ruining the game

Post#131 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm

mogt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:47 pm nothing is rtuining the game, if your and your friend are bad, then it is your mistake.many players forget, that gear is not all, if you dont know, what your char can do, then you can have the best gear and you will lose, that is so easy to know, the combination between gear and knowledge about the chars are important.

it is easy to cry, balacne are bad etc. the keyword is knownledge about your own char. you must use dirrent skill against different enemys. all is fine.
This comment is rediculous, yoluigi understands the game pretty well and while he does like to do his duo solo thing his points still stand.

Im pretty sure he has played all or most classes to 80+ more than once (as I have lmao)

Ads
reynor007

Post#132 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:50 pm

sunshinefuntime wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:32 pm
mogt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:47 pm nothing is rtuining the game, if your and your friend are bad, then it is your mistake.many players forget, that gear is not all, if you dont know, what your char can do, then you can have the best gear and you will lose, that is so easy to know, the combination between gear and knowledge about the chars are important.

it is easy to cry, balacne are bad etc. the keyword is knownledge about your own char. you must use dirrent skill against different enemys. all is fine.
This comment is rediculous, yoluigi understands the game pretty well and while he does like to do his duo solo thing his points still stand.

Im pretty sure he has played all or most classes to 80+ more than once (as I have lmao)
this is surprising, everyone knows that he is a good player, but in this situation he is wrong, the topic has already fully described everything for those who are interested
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

odoc

Post#133 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:47 pm

self heal melee wp and dok,if u spec melee, no hots or detaunt...that being said,i have a regen SM 86 and played a 100SM on live,yes does well against melee sometimes...against sorc been killed fast,against a dps W/E killed,only works against potato toons also....ive been in afew fight were we go at it for 10m,and give up,Decmio back in the day..then fight skavick he kill you in 10m...i think alot goes into the math....i dont think its an issue in rvr...1v1 maybe,but then class and spec matter more,than regen,,,my 2cents,..i know you didnt ask.i do have x12 toons 70+ in invader gear and x2 80+ toons

BeautfulToad

Post#134 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:01 pm

reynor007 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:50 pm this is surprising, everyone knows that he is a good player, but in this situation he is wrong, the topic has already fully described everything for those who are interested
I disagree with the original poster only because his issue is with self heal on 2handed tanks not on self-heal generally. There will presumably have to be a softcap on regen at some point, your IB shows how strong it has gotten already.

At the end of the day, if you can outheal healers (and you have gotten close to that), it is problematic.

tazdingo

Post#135 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:55 pm

300hp a sec is less than a t1 healer can achieve

BeautfulToad

Post#136 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:57 pm

tazdingo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:55 pm 300hp a sec is less than a t1 healer can achieve
reynor is doing 1.2k

Sinisterror

Post#137 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:10 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:57 pm
tazdingo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:55 pm 300hp a sec is less than a t1 healer can achieve
reynor is doing 1.2k
[/quote

With Grumble an mutter doing 500 of that 1200 and it can be prolly 1800 with potion and neither are considered regen. More closer to 700 regen.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

tazdingo

Post#138 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:36 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:57 pm
reynor is doing 1.2k

those are 1.2k ticks coming in every 4 seconds so 300 a second. 190 from regen gear & renown rest from grumble an mutter

with normal tank gear and no real effort or investment (fleshrenders, renown, weps) he would be on around 150

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#139 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:20 pm

Up to 14 pages b/c some DPS couldn't kill a tank ... :roll:

Getting a lot of strong WoW vibes from the complaints in this thread, a game where a tank's only purpose is aggro holding on mobs and all the rest of the game is supposed to be left to the healers and DPS.

As noted, they have already nerfed tank survivability compared to live.
They have also already nerfed tank damage compared to live.
And there have been several attempts to nerf guard.

TL;DR there is a long history of DPS hating tanks in this game b/c they make it take "too long" to harvest renown which is apparently the gods given right of every DPS to have.

space44

Post#140 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:18 pm

idk man ever since the start of the tread regen players been like this
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.