Recent Topics

Ads

The alienation of solo/pug/casual players and it's unintended side-effects

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tazdingo

Re: The alienation of solo/pug/casual players and it's unintended side-effects

Post#121 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:43 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:49 pm 2h tanks that invader has ' on block chance to heal by 500' but with parry ofc not block and modified.

as far as i remember that proc has a 10sec icd and might as well not even be there for all it achieves

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#122 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:38 pm

I have to admit, I never found TTK is that big an issue, particularly once you hit vanq-level with a dps. Sov tanks are beastly tbf. I remember we played in a city against a premade that ran 1-3-2 party compositions, and they did very well indeed. Plenty SCs I played in with very odd, dps-heavy compositions and did quite well.

In T1 certain classes are just insanely difficult to kill (shammie + archmage).

You can quite often replace 1 tank with a dps in a lot of parties and do very well.

penagos22

Post#123 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:39 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:38 pm I have to admit, I never found TTK is that big an issue, particularly once you hit vanq-level with a dps. Sov tanks are beastly tbf. I remember we played in a city against a premade that ran 1-3-2 party compositions, and they did very well indeed. Plenty SCs I played in with very odd, dps-heavy compositions and did quite well.

In T1 certain classes are just insanely difficult to kill (shammie + archmage).

You can quite often replace 1 tank with a dps in a lot of parties and do very well.
or maybe buff dps tanks? less tanky more damage?

Sulorie

Post#124 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:49 pm

penagos22 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:39 pm

There is already a tactic for this.
Dying is no option.

penagos22

Post#125 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:56 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:49 pm

Dude, how do I make you understand that the game is not good it does not feel good. yes, there is a tactic for that but it is not enough.

punk7712

Post#126 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:06 pm

I am kind of new, but my understanding is that DPS tanks taking this tactic will get laughed out of a warband. The trade off just isn't there. It dents your armor and resistances too much to make the 15 percent damage increase worthwhile. None of the two hander builds I have seen shared take that tactic.

Sulorie

Post#127 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:59 pm

punk7712 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:06 pm

I am kind of new, but my understanding is that DPS tanks taking this tactic will get laughed out of a warband. The trade off just isn't there. It dents your armor and resistances too much to make the 15 percent damage increase worthwhile. None of the two hander builds I have seen shared take that tactic.
Nobody should use the tactic but it fits in "less tanky more damage", what was asked for.
:)
Dying is no option.

penagos22

Post#128 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:02 pm

punk7712 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Look, I don't know if you've followed the thread, but there they mention a multi-account troll, well, it's that boy.

Ads
Avenhold

Post#129 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:24 pm

There is a lot to digest in this post. While I'm not an authority on any of those areas, they do sound like worthwhile issues to address. I would like to say I couldn't agree more regarding the RvR issues, especially in concern of both casual, solo, small-scale play styles.