Recent Topics

Ads

Disable .Surrender In Weekend ToW SCs Like This Week's

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
normanis

Re: Disable .Surrender In Weekend ToW SCs Like This Week's

Post#11 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:04 pm

i understand corectly? that pugs vs prem. pugs dont fight on objectives so premades cant finish their event task. they press surender , and premades just get medals and not progress of event?
p.s remember some time ago was thread exatly about how unbalanced is event sc, and now pugs has pay back.
;-(
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
meatcpu

Post#12 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:53 pm

I'm pretty firmly in the "spend a bit of time to find a premade" camp regarding SC's. As a member of a guild focused on helping newer players skill up I don't have the luxury of a full group of vets with twinked out alts. Even with a full premade on discord we really struggled to get wins this weekend in part because this was a 3 party SC. It's tuff enough to make 1 premade.

OP has a point about objectives and such, but disabling surrender is up there with free royals on the awful idea list.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#13 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:11 pm

If there were one place you might want to consider giving up your pug-casual ways for just a few days, it would be the event weekends where you get even more rewards for winning. Come on now lads, it's not that hard. Play the game to win, stop trying to make the game a losers circle of dice rolls to see who wins this time.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Phantasm

Post#14 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:47 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:11 pm If there were one place you might want to consider giving up your pug-casual ways for just a few days, it would be the event weekends where you get even more rewards for winning. Come on now lads, it's not that hard. Play the game to win, stop trying to make the game a losers circle of dice rolls to see who wins this time.
I think its worth to look closer how Praag SC works. If dominating team is on way to lock last BO there is no chance to do anything for losing side - so many just afk or surrender. As on live version there was chance to reset BOs by caping mid BO when all BOs are taken. Enable that, add great sc points reward (like to even the score) and you can see more motivation on losing side to give it one more chance.

BeautfulToad

Post#15 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:03 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:11 pm If there were one place you might want to consider giving up your pug-casual ways for just a few days, it would be the event weekends where you get even more rewards for winning. Come on now lads, it's not that hard. Play the game to win, stop trying to make the game a losers circle of dice rolls to see who wins this time.
I think the point is more that winners needed to get an objective that the losers could essentially disable through a surrender. I am a perpetual casual, and I probably won more SCs than I lost on order and destro during the event.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kpi

Post#16 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:51 pm

The last BO in Praag is very painfull to conquest. Two times destros did a .surrender when we was capping the last BO (the last countdown to cap the BO). They did a .surrender for end the SC without give the "tick" for cap the last BO when 8-9 minutes left. I played near 25 SCs this weekend for obtain my hat with a new level 40. I love play Praag SC, but 25 times...

Maybe add a "full conquest" of SC's BO if the enemy do a .surrender can be a good idea
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+