Recent Topics

Ads

Unique Appearances getting butchered please STOP

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Omegus

Re: Unique Appearances getting butchered please STOP

Post#21 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:23 am

diegomess wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:56 amthere is an option to make the appearances turned off implemented by the devs so this is not a problem...
I didn't say I want all customisation turned off. Personally I have no issue with people making their class look different, just not so different that it turns into a different class.
and of course isnt going to last long since we got ppl like you reporting them like you did with the chosen naked chest, also i never posted anything in the official discord if u were talking to me on this one.
Sorry not sorry for reporting bugs. And I wasn't referring to you with regards to the images.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Fenris78

Post#22 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:04 pm

There is another technical restriction people are unaware of : Devs still dont have the upper hand over armor rigging/modeling ; that's why you will still see existing armor sets and not new ones yet.

They got the tools and assets needed to rework and create weapons and shields (subjugator, fortress weapons for instance), cloaks too, but armor is still unavailable for modding.

So I think as soon they got the means to add or modify armor set appearance, they will glady add new options, even if its only scattering new appearances across existing sets, since plenty of gear still share the same skin atm.

tazdingo

Post#23 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:56 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:23 am I didn't say I want all customisation turned off. Personally I have no issue with people making their class look different, just not so different that it turns into a different class.

but people who want max clarity can just turn off seeing others alt appearance, so it's 100% not affecting anyone who doesnt wanna be affected by it. it arrives at a point of just being a killjoy

about 2 days ago i finished the full chaos campaign on my bg, found nothing, absolutely nothing. checking all items, clearing pqs. never used to be this way. it's odd how so much work has been put into making quests functional (i didnt have a single issue, everything felt great and robust) but also the whole reason to do them has been removed. even sentinel weapons share the appearance of some epic quest rewards

normanis

Post#24 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:00 pm

not talking sw shoulders for witch elf and sorc robe for dok.
there was mail armor for slayer.
they where unique items without game breaking stats.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Omegus

Post#25 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:08 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:56 pm
Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:23 am I didn't say I want all customisation turned off. Personally I have no issue with people making their class look different, just not so different that it turns into a different class.
but people who want max clarity can just turn off seeing others alt appearance, so it's 100% not affecting anyone who doesnt wanna be affected by it. it arrives at a point of just being a killjoy
You also get max clarity as well as seeing well put together visual themes by not having buggy appearance items.
about 2 days ago i finished the full chaos campaign on my bg, found nothing, absolutely nothing. checking all items, clearing pqs. never used to be this way. it's odd how so much work has been put into making quests functional (i didnt have a single issue, everything felt great and robust) but also the whole reason to do them has been removed. even sentinel weapons share the appearance of some epic quest rewards
The other issue is that pretty much every appearance item is already in the game. There's a few being held back for Tyrant / Dark Promise and some fancy weapons. Would be cool if there was another community weapon creation event but now that Yali is no longer on the team I don't know if that will happen again.

tazdingo

Post#26 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:08 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:56 pm
You also get max clarity as well as seeing well put together visual themes by not having buggy appearance items.

i cant tell if youre joking or not, the option is there for you to only see the base set appearances of the enemy if that is what you want

Omegus

Post#27 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:25 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:10 pmi cant tell if youre joking or not, the option is there for you to only see the base set appearances of the enemy if that is what you want
No, what I want to see is what we already have: class-specific customisation.

Sulorie

Post#28 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:25 pm
tazdingo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:10 pmi cant tell if youre joking or not, the option is there for you to only see the base set appearances of the enemy if that is what you want
No, what I want to see is what we already have: class-specific customisation.
Almost funny, that this simple concept isn't understood my some people.
That it worked on live only means, that live devs were either lazy or too busy with other stuff. They couldn't even fix Desperation tactic for AM (or sham counterpart) to buff your mount to 105% speed or giving with 14% crit in combination with crit tactic.
A specific class shouldn't ever look like a different class to begin with, those are bugs. Being able to hide certain items, like it is possible for helmets, is a different story. Albeit you can then argue, that fully naked chars have the same effect as wearing other class gear appearance.
Dying is no option.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#29 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:28 pm

Alubert wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:20 am More skins its better. Let people enjoy fashionhammer.

I don't know why it happens that the coolest armors skins are replaced by others. Like the best looking choppas "old mercenary" helmet (the only cool looking one for this class. Like the bloodlord chosen/mara banner is gone. I was hoping it would be at least an award for 1-3rd place for ranked scs but unfortunately the award is a horrible cloak skin which I would be ashamed to wear :(.
Also the Mercenary Boots..best choppa boots for sure.

space44

Post#30 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:32 pm

theres literally a fashion vendor in Altforf war quarters and IC undercroft imagine if it sold more appearances other than the starter rags.... at least items that only has an appearance and has 0 stats and armor
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.