Recent Topics

Ads

Unique Appearances getting butchered please STOP

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Buling

Re: Unique Appearances getting butchered please STOP

Post#11 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:18 am

+1

even on live they let skins stick if you could find them.

Sword skin for a BO shield so you look like a duel BO? well now i ha ve a reason to play shield cause slayers mean the original purpose is a joke.

Mara shoulder for chosen? well hello there unique looks.

Honestly i think there should be more, not less. All the quest's and PQ rewards that gave unique stuff gave you a reason to stay engaged, and stopped everyone in this MMO looking like a slightly different shade of the same toons.

Ads
Grock

Post#12 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:03 am

Its so weird how even Live devs didnt fix it, and how all modern MMOs are lifting restrictions to let people have more fun with fashion, yet here on a private server, where we can't even get any truly new content, we can't have any of that without devs fixing it as soon as they find out... It makes no sense.

Things like "hidden" appearance for shoulders/gloves/belts/etc should absolutely exist as a legit function.
How is that different from hiding a helmet? If anything hiding the fantasy "shoulderpads" makes even more sense than hiding the single most important piece of armor ;)

Also we should absolutely be able to use weapon appearances regardless of weapon type - hammer, axe, sword - there's no difference. Isn't there already a workaround that works for some classes? Just make it work for everyone...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Wuhh

Post#13 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:35 am

100% agree with this.

ok some pieces are not available since they are made not as armour but scenary (or something). Ok not all classes have a wide range so there might be some green-eyed envy out there. Ok maybe some bits don't fit perfectly. But come on Devs! This game is Ours as a community or Yours like a controlling child GM of D&D who won't let anything pass that wasn't once written?

Naked appearances are a good start maybe? make a new set of armour for each class without a model attached so we can buy it for some kind of currency - perhaps those never used seals of domination? Giving those of us who've been in the game a long time who collect things like that in the hope one day they will be useful a fair and appropriate head start on newer players, whilst not restricting to a gold/emblem/medal transaction.

Alvkara

Post#14 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:01 am

Agreed. There was a lotsa good things into WAR, a halberd-looking sword for BG, SW stuff for making "most clothered" WE etc etc...don't delete them pls

Omegus

Post#15 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:57 am

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:55 am Making everything class-specific doesn't make any sense to me. It's not as if there is a strategic advantage to looking like another class, the damn tooltip and target window tell you what class you're looking at.
In a fight there is a huge strategic advantage to making your class look like something else. There's a reason why the concept of silhouettes is so important to visual character design. Warhammer Online did a pretty good job of maintaining this across most of the classes, although it falls apart occasionally.

The Chosen's lair boss item which had no appearance was obviously a bug (especially as only affected Chosens and no other class), and was in the game for what, a week or two before getting fixed? You should probably not pin your hopes and dreams on buggy items which the devs have a history of fixing.

And if you do decide to make use of these items, posting screenshots of yourself wearing bugged items on the official discord - where the main dev who fixes said items is very active - isn't the smartest move in the world, is it? Nearly as dumb as allowing people to inspect you while wearing these bugged items...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Lornetorne

Post#16 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:01 am

I agree. I think there should be unique appearances in the game. One of my favorite things about mmos is the ability to customize your character and stand out. Even if they fix all the items that are lacking an appearance at all I think there should be at least one left in the game that's somewhat hard to get.

Maybe I say this because one day I want to rock the completely naked choppa look.

mubbl

Post#17 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:18 am

Spoiler:
Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:57 am
ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:55 am Making everything class-specific doesn't make any sense to me. It's not as if there is a strategic advantage to looking like another class, the damn tooltip and target window tell you what class you're looking at.
In a fight there is a huge strategic advantage to making your class look like something else. There's a reason why the concept of silhouettes is so important to visual character design. Warhammer Online did a pretty good job of maintaining this across most of the classes, although it falls apart occasionally.

The Chosen's lair boss item which had no appearance was obviously a bug (especially as only affected Chosens and no other class), and was in the game for what, a week or two before getting fixed? You should probably not pin your hopes and dreams on buggy items which the devs have a history of fixing.

And if you do decide to make use of these items, posting screenshots of yourself wearing bugged items on the official discord - where the main dev who fixes said items is very active - isn't the smartest move in the world, is it? Nearly as dumb as allowing people to inspect you while wearing these bugged items...
By now, you can just turn it of in client if you wanna real worn armor.
And even if you didnt do that, you still get class icons in ui. So you got some work arounds.
For me it was always funny to get a bit surprised to see a fake sm bg or vise versa.
And it gives indeed some more deepness to the game even its mpstly for yourself or friends atm since the slight performance boost you get from disableing alt appareance.

In general i lile the idea of putting stuff like no/alt appearance armor pieces at certain high rr ranks.

diegomess

Post#18 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:56 am

Omegus wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:57 am

there is an option to make the appearances turned off implemented by the devs so this is not a problem...

and of course isnt going to last long since we got ppl like you reporting them like you did with the chosen naked chest, also i never posted anything in the official discord if u were talking to me on this one.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:59 am

Having items with no model to basically hide them, I'd like to remove Choppa shoulder armor, I would be fine with.
Personally I don't like most alt class items, which are technically bugged, but overall apart from some chosen/mara items they are not even looking good to me. I find plenty alt appearance items within the available gear for any class, many found in pve.
Tbh, we have clone wars because most people don't even bother with alt appearance, not because there are not enough different options.
What bugs me more are oversized items like many shoulder armor pieces, which hover above the character model. Looks horrible!
Dying is no option.

Alubert

Post#20 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:20 am

More skins its better. Let people enjoy fashionhammer.

I don't know why it happens that the coolest armors skins are replaced by others. Like the best looking choppas "old mercenary" helmet (the only cool looking one for this class. Like the bloodlord chosen/mara banner is gone. I was hoping it would be at least an award for 1-3rd place for ranked scs but unfortunately the award is a horrible cloak skin which I would be ashamed to wear :(.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer