Recent Topics

Ads

Cities should definitely have separate queues for PUGs and premades

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Toggle

Re: Cities should definitely have separate queues for PUGs and premades

Post#51 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:04 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:51 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:46 pm
When both sides have to split among several objectives, which side has it easier to coordinate?

The premade on voice or a bunch of solo players? :)

This would be a prime example of using better tactics.

Sulorie wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:46 pm People will just be busy running from flag to flag and try to dodge fights instead of fighting the opposition.
Similar to old TV SC.

Maybe, but they won't be leaving the instance. And frankly something needs to be done, because most city instances are pretty much over in the first 10 minutes if the sides are imbalanced at all...
Agreed. I frequently have 2 hours, give or take 10-15 minutes to play, on any given day. Sometimes I’ll give queueing for a city a shot, if I happen to log in right in time. So, I spend 10-30 minutes trying to find a group and sitting in queue. Then, after we finally get in, if it quickly becomes obvious the city is going to be a complete waste of time, I’m essentially left with two choices. The first being to waste the remainder of my limited play time essentially doing nothing. Or, I can leave the city instead and go do something else. I’m choosing to go do something else 99.9% of the time, even if it does make the match even more one sided.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Scottx125

Post#52 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:10 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:30 pm So your guild dodges and you justify it with the famous "gear gap". That does not mean every organized WBs do. What's your guild name ?

Also, I don't know how many of you have less then Vanquisher set, but if you know how to play a little bit, you can play against other WB. During yesterday's city, we saw a WP with green gears outheal some BiS healers.
Not my place to name my guild for any form of shaming, suffice to say it does happen. And it's not just BiS gear, it's also BiS players. If we see a guild forming with top players who we know have top gear, when our own members don't have top gear and aren't playing at that level. Why would we want to fight against them when it's a forgone conclusion? It's not FUN. Doesn't matter if you approve of it or not. Nobody want's to get destroyed again and again and sit in a city for 1-2 hours while one side dominates. You should focus less on guilds and WB's queue dodging (symptoms of a problem) and focus more on the cause of that.

Also the argument that gear and RR don't contribute to a player being better is BS. I can't say for certain, but the strength uptick from someone wearing Vanq to BiS is quite high. I'd probably say in the region of 10-20% stronger if not more. Now that's not saying that a vanq player can't play as well as a BiS player. But if both players are playing at the same level, the BiS player will outperform the vanq player. It's basic logic. And gear can make up for lack of skill and still result in a BiS player outperforming a highly skilled vanq player.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Scottx125

Post#53 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:22 am

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:51 pm Maybe, but they won't be leaving the instance. And frankly something needs to be done, because most city instances are pretty much over in the first 10 minutes if the sides are imbalanced at all...
I fail to see how having people run around in smaller groups is going to "fix" any imbalance in a city SC.. All it does is push it to the side-lines rather than having it present in one location. People are going to leave one way or the other when they see which way the wind is blowing.. People need to have a reason to stay and participate, even if they are losing. That's the problem. So far if you lose a city you get bugger all, even if you do participate. If you want players to do something, incentivise it by rewarding them.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

ashton007

Post#54 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:30 pm

The issue lies with premades dodging. Seems most are not as interested in a good fight as they are in an easy stomp. But then also it’s an issue of pug players absolutely queuing solo strictly. Kill solo que IMO

ashton007

Post#55 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:32 pm

Players already have the rvr bags for gearing solo, I happen to believe players should just be forced to try hard for city. That’s the only way we’re gonna see more fair fights