Recent Topics

Ads

Brutality build for st as main arm or is it not viable?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sinisterror

Re: Brutality build for st as main arm or is it not viable?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:17 am

RoR.builders - Marauder

That is the best single target dmg build.Switch deadly clutch with flanking/brute force etc play a bit with tactics. If you have that mara gear that has 25 % AA dmg buff + Black orc keeping 100% uptime with 25 % AA dmg increase buff for party and that with Brutality's mechanic may work pretty well havent tried it truely to say if it works but savagery is best for ST dmg.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Wiede

Post#2 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:02 am

Wat? Brutality is probably the most used build in the endgame.

RoR.builders - Marauder

Stack WS and enjoy. Corrupted Edge and leaving out piercing bite is my personal choice and surely debatable.

Phantasm

Post#3 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:41 am

Wiede wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:02 am Wat? Brutality is probably the most used build in the endgame.

RoR.builders - Marauder

Stack WS and enjoy. Corrupted Edge and leaving out piercing bite is my personal choice and surely debatable.
I got mara rr78, 3set spec and i`m caped STR with pot without tactic. So there is no need to use those. Then, i doubt that spec is an endgame.

wachlarz

Post#4 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:14 am

Phantasm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:41 am
Wiede wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:02 am Wat? Brutality is probably the most used build in the endgame.

RoR.builders - Marauder

I got mara rr78, 3set spec and i`m caped STR with pot without tactic. So there is no need to use those. Then, i doubt that spec is an endgame.
FoF for crit and if U dont have zealot for ap sub. str. tac.

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:48 am

This is the problem with having to many Mastery points to distribute. It makes it so you can pretty much get all the things you want, which pretty much kills the concept of specialization in favour of customization (which leads to meta configurations and actually kills customization as well) all together as well as making it really hard to ballance each path. Imo, there shouldn't ever had been more points then able to Maximize one Mastery path, and the bonus from Mastery levels should also scale exponentially.

Pandastyle

Post#6 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:57 am

I made a marauder build guide a while ago. feel free to look around:
Marauder Guide

there you can find a "sc beginner brut"-build
RoR.builders - Marauder

the difference between sav and brut is that basically you want/should go sav for when your team composition is uncertain as you can provide armour and heal debuff. But the tooltip damage is lower than the brut skills afaik. However, if you have for example a BG and WE (someone who can provide at least heal debuff, armour debuff optional) you can go brut, which is also quite decent in support play as you provide 10% more crit to everyone hitting your target with deeply impaled and decreased parry/block with pulverize. You can also stop kiting enemies with aoe KD and Wave of Terror. If pressure gets to high you switch to monstro for procc and still get decent dmg numbers because 9pts in monstro invested
Last edited by Pandastyle on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Wiede

Post#7 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:00 am

Phantasm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:41 am

RoR.builders - Marauder

Sure, if you're Str Capped without tactics you're free to use other tactics.
Mainpoint is: Go Brut, stack WS for AA-Damage. FoF is an awesome tactic but it makes you also kinda squishy before geared up.
Regarding "Endgame"... well... Endgame is City and you don't normaly start City with RR78 und Full Tri-Set. That's why str tactics and no FoF.

wildwindblows

Post#8 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:48 am

Brut mara is really good but require end game gear. After capping str, stack ws and melee power as far as you can. Sav is better overall but burt mara have better brust. Also keep in mind, brut mara is not suits to ranked play. Cheer.

Ads
Phantasm

Post#9 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:35 am

I did some testing on constructs, comparing standard Sav/But killing time (16-17s) and burst (4000~) vs Brutality above rr 70+ and I got 20s+ and 3500~. Am I doing something wrong? How you get better killing time and burst using Brutality.
My rot: (MA) Impale, 3st Rend, CS into gilotine, finish spaming Impale.

wildwindblows

Post#10 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:22 am

Phantasm wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:35 am I did some testing on constructs, comparing standard Sav/But killing time (16-17s) and burst (4000~) vs Brutality above rr 70+ and I got 20s+ and 3500~. Am I doing something wrong? How you get better killing time and burst using Brutality.
My rot: (MA) Impale, 3st Rend, CS into gilotine, finish spaming Impale.
Don't only rely on the constructs. I know what you mean. I also got the same results. But in pvp it is not like that.