Recent Topics

Ads

adjusting vanquisher gatekeeping

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Parallell86

Re: adjusting vanquisher gatekeeping

Post#11 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:19 pm

I solo roamed with my choppa 90% of the time as I geared up. Tagg along, watch your surrounding, snipe stragglers and run boxes. Sure, players being carried by premades will surely gear up faster. But if you dont have said friends and premades at your disposal, you simply have to go with the flow.

If you dont have full vanquisher, maybe breaking down 5 Invader medals could be worth it to complete the unlock and the set. There are times when you are unlucky with bags. Sometimes you get piece after piece and then simply go by out the last one with medals. But thats not always the case, the bags are supposed to be random.

Ads
Phantasm

Post#12 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:49 pm

Spoiler:
Parallell86 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:19 pm I solo roamed with my choppa 90% of the time as I geared up. Tagg along, watch your surrounding, snipe stragglers and run boxes. Sure, players being carried by premades will surely gear up faster. But if you dont have said friends and premades at your disposal, you simply have to go with the flow.

If you dont have full vanquisher, maybe breaking down 5 Invader medals could be worth it to complete the unlock and the set. There are times when you are unlucky with bags. Sometimes you get piece after piece and then simply go by out the last one with medals. But thats not always the case, the bags are supposed to be random.
I`m sorry but i think you still dont get it. Solo play in MMO game should be a choice not a necessity. Pre rr 60 i mostly play solo on every dps class I roll and its fine, challenge for me to fight higher geared players. But its different story for any tank and healers. They wont do any solo (unless speced dps to get any kills - that can be a reason why there is so many solo 2h tanks with conq and lowbie dps healers) and they wont be taken to anything organised cause of lack of gear. And they hit a wall. Get fristrated, change archetype or quit.
You need 90! gold bags to get full vanquisher from locking zones.
Same time you need 35 gold bags from forts for invader unlock.
I know its more complicated than 1:1 ratio, but Vanquisher set is most expensive in game (except endgame sov), and yet still a minimum to do anything beyond solo, puging and RvR.

Shanell

Post#13 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:57 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:02 pm I got a feeling its either people playing 1 character at rank 90+ keep commenting here or people who spend 10 hrs ingame locking zone after zone.
I personally think their logis is: "I have suffered so you have to suffer too". :roll:
I gave up on PVE gear - since I don't have time to grind dungeons for sets just to get wards, to get other set just to get ward to get a hold on weapon I want. and 80rr sets since it's "just join a guild bruh" and "it's an endgame contect so its not supposed to be easy to get".
/shrug
I guess I will eventuannly get it when I will farm enough of medallions in RVR lakes.

> Same time you need 35 gold bags from forts for invader unlock.
I had won 1 gold bag on my magus in 2019 I think.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Phantasm

Post#14 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:03 pm

Normally I wouldnt care but RoR is a nostalgia game from my youth days and its only game I play for last 5 years, so naturally I want it to last. Low population, gear gaps, devs issues with clear road map. It all bothers me.

Grasthard

Post#15 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Shanell wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:57 pm

I personally think their logis is: "I have suffered so you have to suffer too". :roll:
but this logic doesn't even apply. as someone mentioned before, zone locks used to give 5-10x more medallions. now doing the box strategy nets you 1-2 medallions at best.

also, with increased shard drop you get less vanquisher medallion for kills. ofc you can break down higher shards (once you hit rr70 i think), and I did break down more than 20 invader medallions on 2 chars to finish the vanquisher set (so that i could get invader medallions in fort). it pains the heart :D

Phantasm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:03 pm Normally I wouldnt care but RoR is a nostalgia game from my youth days and its only game I play for last 5 years, so naturally I want it to last. Low population, gear gaps, devs issues with clear road map. It all bothers me.
indeed, and as of now with medallion changes Vanquisher is just a hard barrier for new players i feel.

though fixing gold bag RNG could be a good solution imo, because A) it rewards active RvR play into locking zones, and B) it removes a lot of frustration when getting a gold bag, making them more useful and most important more desirable. as of now bag, RNG makes it so people don't really care to actively contribute and try to increase the chances of a good bag. just afk enough to get minimum contribution and get any bag

RuffRyder

Post#16 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:02 pm I got a feeling its either people playing 1 character at rank 90+ keep commenting here or people who spend 10 hrs ingame locking zone after zone.
Noone said Vanq set is hard to get, it is quite easy to get with 2 conditions:
You play A LOT, with a tide that lock zones and stomp other faction (sound familiar to other thread in that forum isnt it)
You play with trusted friends rolling another alt and being carried with closed WBs.
Actually I experienced quite the opposite on several chars and still do. I’m totally casual apart from one guild event day (where I usually play chars that don’t need Vanq anymore) and play 1-2h max on 4-5 days per week and somehow it’s not an issue to complete Vanq within 3 weeks max.
- I always get my chars to RR 51 before hitting CR 40
- I contribute in several or all open zones solo or by joining PuG warbands
- I buy gloves and boots with gold
- even with a few duplicates it’s still done in 2-3 weeks.

Invader compared to that given the casual gameplay is the real gate, although Shard drops help a lot with it already, but for me completing one Fort or City set is a matter of months, so no, Vanq is fairly easy.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Mordecaieth

Post#17 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:19 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:30 pm Sir this is not World of Warcraft,

this beeing said, yes vanq is kinda like a gatekeeper set that needs time and some grind. Some Post above mine the dude wrote a amazingly smart and fast way to get vanq. Good gear takes time, get into a guild and play with them, you will notice how fast everything will be. And u can let some else buy you gloves and boots from vanq set.
Sir, I don't think you realize how much more time consuming it is to unlock gear via PvP in World of Warcraft, both retail and classic versions of the game.

People saying that vanquisher is fine where it is are clearly the one to two class players or more than likely faction purists. Vanquisher and Beastlord is disgustingly time gated and for no good reason anymore. You can argue that it is a "game changer" for certain classes- mainly dps. But most other archetypes are just going to mix that vanquisher with whatever else they have. Simply only achieving the full set so they can start grinding out invader- an actual entry level set of gear.

If Vanquisher repeat pieces from bags did not exist, the gearing process would be much less of a pain

space44

Post#18 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:14 pm

the fact that this set has 4 possible ways of earning isnt gate keeping.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
flux

Post#19 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:34 am

RuffRyder wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:31 pm
Noone said Vanq set is hard to get, it is quite easy to get with 2 conditions:
You play A LOT, with a tide that lock zones and stomp other faction (sound familiar to other thread in that forum isnt it)
You play with trusted friends rolling another alt and being carried with closed WBs.
Actually I experienced quite the opposite on several chars and still do. I’m totally casual apart from one guild event day (where I usually play chars that don’t need Vanq anymore) and play 1-2h max on 4-5 days per week and somehow it’s not an issue to complete Vanq within 3 weeks max.
- I always get my chars to RR 51 before hitting CR 40
- I contribute in several or all open zones solo or by joining PuG warbands
- I buy gloves and boots with gold
- even with a few duplicates it’s still done in 2-3 weeks.

Invader compared to that given the casual gameplay is the real gate, although Shard drops help a lot with it already, but for me completing one Fort or City set is a matter of months, so no, Vanq is fairly easy.
I'm also quite casual and vanq has been relatively easy to get. Some chars had most of it before even being able to equip it. My real pain in the ass is invader and higher, most of my toons reach 70 plus with very few invader pieces.

I think it also has to do with when you play since I am Oceanic and population is very low during my prime time.