Recent Topics

Ads

anti-zerg mechanic in fort.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
anarchypark

anti-zerg mechanic in fort.

Post#1 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:16 am

there should be some kind of anti-zerg mechanic in fort.
like 1m alert for unbalanced SC pop, reduced spoilers from taking empty zone.
80 vs 27 fort should not rewarding.
i get that it's 'reward attacking' and 'winner gets all'. 4 vs 1 medallion, it pushed ppl to get organised and win.
but it proved that most ppl prefer ez mode. and just quitting hard mode.
live server proved it. now NA fort zerg did too.

sometimes invader medals are harder to farm than royal crests. and everybody want it for weapon.
and there's easy 4 medals if u zerg.
i'm not asking incentive to underdog. just stop rewarding zerg plz.
2 medals for zerg is enough i think. easy win is enough reward for zerg.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: anti-zerg mechanic in fort.

Post#2 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:20 am

Instead of making the invader grind worse by reducing winner side, how about we revert the losing side rewards back to 2?

They put losing reward down to 1, apparently to fight actively throwing forts.. However now they are being thrown by players..
a. Not bothering to show up and play 1 hour for 1 invader. (literally yesterday entire destro warband would rather PvD Caledor than fill up The Maw, and can't blame them since if they get good bags it's more rewarding than losing fort)
B. Logging winner side because rewards are 4-6 times higher.
C. Everyone wants city. City is still at worst as good as ORvR from 1 hour play and at best it's up to 25x better.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:15 am

There should be always bags in fort defense/attack and there should be actually good/unique items in those bags if you defend you have possibility to get purple bag and cloak with 700 armour buff proc stacking with potion (live had this before they changed fort mechanics and removed them all together)

If RoR dev's dont want 'easy mode' and drop all gloves/boots to sovewarlord in rvr/scs/ Then make invader boots/gloves drop from rr60+ during killing in fortress fights. Adding actually useful items like 60dps wpns (1h dont remember 2h amount) with procs and making them defensive/offensive depending getting bags when defending or attacking.

I remember getting 60dps 1h from purple bag when atttaking fort with 5 % on hit to snare + dot dmg enemy for 6-9 seconds. And on fort defense on that same character getting cloak '10% on being hit 700 armour buff- cloak stacking with armour potion. IT can be any offensive or defensive proc on any char and this would bring much more options to specs. Cloak's + maindhand/offhand/ranged were stuffed with procs, imo RoR should bring that back and add Belts with procs to make it interesting and see if it is worth it to lose set bonus. Too much restrictions on how to wear certain gear or how to get that particular gear super restricted also and not really much fighting atm. (this 24 aoe dmg cap is just so stupid why it's still exist?) + Bring back WAR CRESTS unified currency

Conq should be 36-39 rr40 red-eye should be 35-39. and invader rr 50-55 and new set rr 60-67 and if this set ´would actually happen someday then pls pls pls no copy paste set bonuses i mean really sm doesnt really need that 2 piece wpn skill bonus from vale walker / beastlord but there it is anyway. IB gets 180 resis debuff proc on beaslord final piece, SM gets armour debuff. At least this should be changed so that SM can have small 180 resis debuff that would stack with Wrath of hoeth.

I could add too much examples.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

ExcretusMaximus

Post#4 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:35 pm

Isn't there already a mechanic in place? The spots are limited, aren't they?
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

anarchypark

Post#5 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:53 pm

fun game is #1.
nobody plays game to be punished, insta gibbed.
players need to "play" at least 1 rotation b4 losing IMO. that's maybe 10sec.
and zerg making it impossible to play.
players might say gitgud or get a grp. but u need to think outside of players to stop 80vs30.
whatever is the reason, if that happened owners need to stop it.

can't blame being organised. enemies quitting is not their fault.
but in effort / reward ratio, zerg should get minimum reward.
also, quitters shouldn't get more reward.

rewards should be based on quality of battle, not just win/lose.
maybe just remove participant reward. and make it bag competition.
almost guaranteed white bag though.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

navis

Post#6 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:13 pm

This suggestion might work for Keeps and Forts.
I was noticing how players continue to pull the Keep lord out, but he doesn't do any damage. I was thinking it would be great if the Lord would come out (no changes to pathing, or very minimal) and would actually do damage more regularly when that realm is outnumbered. Give him a range of damage, bigger cleave, etc. This would give more opportunity to defenders and would force the attackers to focus on something (healing).

So it would simply look very similar to how the Lord gets pulled out, runs around a bit, then resets - except he would do damage roughly equivalent to heavy siege weaponry.

In Fort I don't know if I would use it during Stage 2, but yes in Stage 3 if the population is imbalanced...
I know using PvE is not the best or most popular solution to many players, but it can be very helpful, reliable, and sometimes fun for defenders. This is what is important - fun factor and the hope of not just being steamrolled with little chance of getting kills.
Of course, the Lord kills won't count.

Another idea would be to have defender oil work in forts, that way defenders can organize proper tankwall at the doorways which they really seem to love doing. I do.

Jastojan

Post#7 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:18 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:15 am There should be always bags in fort defense/attack and there should be actually good/unique items in those bags if you defend you have possibility to get purple bag and cloak with 700 armour buff proc stacking with potion (live had this before they changed fort mechanics and removed them all together)

If RoR dev's dont want 'easy mode' and drop all gloves/boots to sovewarlord in rvr/scs/ Then make invader boots/gloves drop from rr60+ during killing in fortress fights. Adding actually useful items like 60dps wpns (1h dont remember 2h amount) with procs and making them defensive/offensive depending getting bags when defending or attacking.

I remember getting 60dps 1h from purple bag when atttaking fort with 5 % on hit to snare + dot dmg enemy for 6-9 seconds. And on fort defense on that same character getting cloak '10% on being hit 700 armour buff- cloak stacking with armour potion. IT can be any offensive or defensive proc on any char and this would bring much more options to specs. Cloak's + maindhand/offhand/ranged were stuffed with procs, imo RoR should bring that back and add Belts with procs to make it interesting and see if it is worth it to lose set bonus. Too much restrictions on how to wear certain gear or how to get that particular gear super restricted also and not really much fighting atm. (this 24 aoe dmg cap is just so stupid why it's still exist?) + Bring back WAR CRESTS unified currency

Conq should be 36-39 rr40 red-eye should be 35-39. and invader rr 50-55 and new set rr 60-67 and if this set ´would actually happen someday then pls pls pls no copy paste set bonuses i mean really sm doesnt really need that 2 piece wpn skill bonus from vale walker / beastlord but there it is anyway. IB gets 180 resis debuff proc on beaslord final piece, SM gets armour debuff. At least this should be changed so that SM can have small 180 resis debuff that would stack with Wrath of hoeth.

I could add too much examples.
+1

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:43 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:35 pm Isn't there already a mechanic in place? The spots are limited, aren't they?
That's the point, where the problem lies. No Matter how big server pop is, max numbers of attackers stays the same. At low pop hours, a majority of people could xrealm to bigger side and still get a slot. Usually being on bigger side the opposite is expected, too many people for too few slots and a lot are left out.
Make the player limit dynamic and people have to earn a slot.
Dying is no option.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:55 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:53 pm

rewards should be based on quality of battle, not just win/lose.
maybe just remove participant reward. and make it bag competition.
almost guaranteed white bag though.
Came to same conclusion, adjusting rewards is the easiest and probably besf solution.

Other suggestion are more complicated, prone to abuse, stacking one side and their own imbalances.

Losers get 1 invader base reward, winner gets 2.
Significantly increase the amount and quality of bags, on both sides.
Winner side gets to roll for gold bags.
Remaining bags total invader/royals should be 2:1 after adjusting for player number difference.

This should leave enough incentive to want to participate regardless of win or loss, while promoting doing your best to win and get contribution for the bag.
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Alfa1986

Post#10 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:01 pm

instead of simply either unblock NB in game or remake the sequinzer to a decent state, which is guaranteed to return some part of the population and costs nothing in effort of devs. let's change for the twenty-fifth time the stillborn forts.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum