Recent Topics

Ads

[choppa & slayer] first step to balance.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alubert

[choppa & slayer] first step to balance.

Post#1 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 pm

Everyone in the game knows what an amazing skill rampage and ID is. Literally in every aspect of the game: wb, small scale, pve and probably the most visible on ranked sc.
We should finally give at least a substitute for choppa.
I will leave ID alone. I have no idea how to improve GTDC. ID is excellent and GTDC serves as a possible death blow steal in pugs environment and an excellent free immun for order.

I do have an idea for a change to the 5 skill on the left path. That is, "Keep On Choppin'" - the ridiculous equivalent of slayer "Rampage".
I would give it the same mechanics as Rampage has.
1/ CD 30 sec - currently has 20 sec (identical to Rampage)
2/ activation without dealing damage and not requiring target - currently deals dmg but requires target in mele range (identical as Rampage)
3/ used during berserk stance: works 10 sec and reduces ap cost by 70% (same as rampage)
4/ used during furious stance: works 20 sec and reduces ap cost by 70% (same as rampage)

This will not cause any order reaction that it is too strong, and it will at least compensate a little bit for choppas tragic balance between classes.

But knowing order cry babies if there is anyone stupid enough to say that rampage is too weak compared to my idea of changing skill keep on choppin' then just let such a brilliant mind propose order slayers to give away rampage for choppas and in exchange they will get new keep on choppin'. I assure you no slayer would be happy about that.

Additionally I think SL Shatter Limbs and Choppa Chop Fasta should be as 9 skill from mid path. This would make it possible to break the only right left/right mastery tree spec.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: [choppa & slayer] first step to balance.

Post#2 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:30 pm

Spoiler:
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Orgruk

Post#3 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:43 am

My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

normanis

Post#4 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:25 am

"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#5 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:27 am

give slayer gtdc

sharpblader

Post#6 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:33 am

Alubert wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:19 pm Everyone in the game knows what an amazing skill rampage and ID is. Literally in every aspect of the game: wb, small scale, pve and probably the most visible on ranked sc.
We should finally give at least a substitute for choppa.
I will leave ID alone. I have no idea how to improve GTDC. ID is excellent and GTDC serves as a possible death blow steal in pugs environment and an excellent free immun for order.

I do have an idea for a change to the 5 skill on the left path. That is, "Keep On Choppin'" - the ridiculous equivalent of slayer "Rampage".
I would give it the same mechanics as Rampage has.
1/ CD 30 sec - currently has 20 sec (identical to Rampage)
2/ activation without dealing damage and not requiring target - currently deals dmg but requires target in mele range (identical as Rampage)
3/ used during berserk stance: works 10 sec and reduces ap cost by 70% (same as rampage)
4/ used during furious stance: works 20 sec and reduces ap cost by 70% (same as rampage)

This will not cause any order reaction that it is too strong, and it will at least compensate a little bit for choppas tragic balance between classes.

But knowing order cry babies if there is anyone stupid enough to say that rampage is too weak compared to my idea of changing skill keep on choppin' then just let such a brilliant mind propose order slayers to give away rampage for choppas and in exchange they will get new keep on choppin'. I assure you no slayer would be happy about that.

Additionally I think SL Shatter Limbs and Choppa Chop Fasta should be as 9 skill from mid path. This would make it possible to break the only right left/right mastery tree spec.
I probably know the inspiration for this post.

It was the only city instance where destro lost and trust me it wasnt because of Rampage or ID.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:12 am

normanis wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:27 am give slayer gtdc
In exchange for ID? I see the next order complaints coming.
Dying is no option.

normanis

Post#8 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:38 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:12 am
In exchange for ID? I see the next order complaints coming.
why not , every time i use gtdc on slayer, i laugh as palatine. :lol:
ps. need made thread that slayers can wear capes it was on warhammer video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEaTeuVFxa4

Ads
Everdin

Post#9 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:56 am

For this is regarding balancing between those two (i'm sure, you don't wrote this as a choppa but as a player of both classes), what do you think about giving slayer git stuck in and for IB Waaaagh for the synergy effect?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Alubert

Post#10 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:01 pm

Agree, GTDC going to SL and rampage going to Choppa. Dreams come true.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+