Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc got 1 less ability than BW

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Frozenover

Sorc got 1 less ability than BW

Post#1 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:32 pm

The Sorc ability "obsessive focus" has been bugged out forever and there seems to be no fix for it: https://youtu.be/mOyL7pYGlSI

It's quite dull to have one less ability, especially when BW has such a good mirror (cleanse on 10s CD). Could the devs consider mirror this to sorc (until the sorc ability is fixed, if it can be, please?

All the best

Ads
Caduceus

Re: Sorc got 1 less ability than BW

Post#2 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:14 am

This issue has been left unadressed for a long time.

The ability Vision of Torment is also bugged.

Both these abilities are key to Sorc, and the tickets have been up on Github for ages.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Grobi00F

Post#3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:41 am

Well that's just stupid but at least it explains why literally no Sorc uses the ability. Just tested it myself and can also confirm, that the first tick does the intended 10% increased damage (205 on Chillwind without OF, 225 on first tick after popping OF) but every consequent tick does 184 damage (reduction of roughly 10% damage compared to base damage tick of 205) so in the end you do less damage if you pop it. We ought to complain more for this ability to get fixed or at least entirely remove it if it's hard to fix in a timely manner, so new Sorcs dont use it since it actively decreases damage.

penagos22

Post#4 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:33 pm

that's bad news, I mean, if they kill me faster, they will end up uninstalling my game, I hope they fix that (sounds like irony but I'm serious, no jokes here, no irony).

Frozenover

Post#5 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:51 pm

Also, here's the ticket I made on bugtracker
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19364
I'd be pleased if this received a little bit more attention, a replacement, or a fix even

wonshot

Post#6 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Since the chillwind resist debuff was rather fast fixed in last ranked season guess it would only make sence to give this fix to sorcs in compensation in a broader view of the class and performance on the soloq ladder.

+1 for attention on the issue.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

reynor007

Post#7 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:46 pm

Frozenover wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:32 pm The Sorc ability "obsessive focus" has been bugged out forever and there seems to be no fix for it: https://youtu.be/mOyL7pYGlSI

It's quite dull to have one less ability, especially when BW has such a good mirror (cleanse on 10s CD). Could the devs consider mirror this to sorc (until the sorc ability is fixed, if it can be, please?

All the best
if we compare the mirror, it’s quite dull on BW to have a buff armor that does not match the pot, when sorc has a buff for 378 resists, which is always useful
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Pandastyle

Post#8 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 pm

reynor007 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:46 pm
Frozenover wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:32 pm The Sorc ability "obsessive focus" has been bugged out forever and there seems to be no fix for it: https://youtu.be/mOyL7pYGlSI

All the best
if we compare the mirror, it’s quite dull on BW to have a buff armor that does not match the pot, when sorc has a buff for 378 resists, which is always useful
if we compare the mirror, it’s quite dull on sorc to not have a snare on the channeled ability, when BW has it, which is always useful
if we compare the mirror, it’s quite dull on sorc to have a complete and utterly useless 13pt ability in left tree, when BW has a channeled semi aoe, which is always useful
if we compare the mirror, it’s quite dull on sorc to have a single target skill only castable after disrupt as 5pt ability, when BW has basically a hurtin time/reckless gamble, which is always useful

I could go on, but we shouldnt, should we
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Ads
reynor007

Post#9 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:45 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:21 pm
reynor007 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:46 pm

All the best
if we compare the mirror, it’s quite dull on sorc to not have a snare on the channeled ability, when BW has it, which is always useful
if we compare the mirror, it’s quite dull on sorc to have a complete and utterly useless 13pt ability in left tree, when BW has a channeled semi aoe, which is always useful
if we compare the mirror, it’s quite dull on sorc to have a single target skill only castable after disrupt as 5pt ability, when BW has basically a hurtin time/reckless gamble, which is always useful

I could go on, but we shouldnt, should we
of course you will not mention that the magpie has an absorption which is many times better than that of BW, there is disarm, all burst dmg for spirit damage, which you reduce, half of the burst damage of BW is elem damage
I will not argue that Bright has some abilities and tactics that are stronger, but you are trying to show Sorc so that is much weaker, and this is definitely not true.
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Sinisterror

Post#10 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:10 pm

Technically then there is 2 less ability on sorc if you count obsessive focus tactic. Sorc gets more single target dmg with CG, SoG. Ice Spikes & Chillwind only skills in rotation that is not spirit dmg but both CG/SoG procs are spirit dmg as well.
RoR.builders - Sorcerer
BW gets KD,cleanse and very cheap to get Funnel Power and it's corp dmg while sear/gloomburst and nova/Impending doom are elemental but BW has Burning iron, oh and Flashfire<3
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz