Recent Topics

Ads

The ongoing problem with going AFK in a scenario

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
PelinalWhitestrake

The ongoing problem with going AFK in a scenario

Post#1 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Scenarios for a while now haven't allowed players a chance to safely go AFK for more than 10 seconds, before being kicked out and put on the quitter cooldown. What I propose is either a small 3 or 5 minute increase in how long you can be afk, or a reduction on the quitter cooldown, maybe both. Either way it would certainly make scenarios alot more player friendly, especially since you really need to grind them out for certain builds you need or want to get.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: The ongoing problem with going AFK in a scenario

Post#2 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:36 pm

3 to 5 minutes sounds a bit extreme, given that a sc lasts only 15 min on max.

PelinalWhitestrake

Post#3 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:19 pm

saupreusse wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:36 pm 3 to 5 minutes sounds a bit extreme, given that a sc lasts only 15 min on max.
I guess so, if there's anything you can add that could make this better go right ahead

Sulorie

Post#4 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:54 pm

If you get kicked out after 10 seconds (TEN!) of being afk, record it, I doubt this is true.
In any case, don't make up numbers to have a point, this is no base for a discussion.
Dying is no option.

Satirico

Post#5 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:32 pm

This is not true. Usually I play while I work and need to be afk even on scs and I don't get kicked so fast. Check if it's not some addon bug or something like this.

PelinalWhitestrake

Post#6 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:44 pm

Satirico wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:32 pm This is not true. Usually I play while I work and need to be afk even on scs and I don't get kicked so fast. Check if it's not some addon bug or something like this.
As far as I know I've had this problem since I started playing RoR, with and without addons. It could've been possible that I got kicked by players for being afk, but every single time I go afk I'll get kicked in seconds, so pretty difficult to come to that conclusion

PelinalWhitestrake

Post#7 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:47 pm

PelinalWhitestrake wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:44 pm
Satirico wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:32 pm This is not true. Usually I play while I work and need to be afk even on scs and I don't get kicked so fast. Check if it's not some addon bug or something like this.
As far as I know I've had this problem since I started playing RoR, with and without addons. It could've been possible that I got kicked by players for being afk, but every single time I go afk I'll get kicked in seconds, so pretty difficult to come to that conclusion
I'll go ahead and test it out whenever I'm free since that never came to my mind in all the times I've been afk

PelinalWhitestrake

Post#8 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:09 am

PelinalWhitestrake wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:47 pm
I'll go ahead and test it out whenever I'm free since that never came to my mind in all the times I've been afk
ok, so I've tested it, so far nothing happened for at least 30 seconds, I'll keep track of the amount of time I go afk in scenarios before I come to a conclusion

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:58 am

PelinalWhitestrake wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:09 am
PelinalWhitestrake wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:47 pm

ok, so I've tested it, so far nothing happened for at least 30 seconds, I'll keep track of the amount of time I go afk in scenarios before I come to a conclusion
What you shouldn't do is staying in SC spawn, if afk.
Dying is no option.