Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Queue Opt Out

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
NSKaneda

Re: Ranked Queue Opt Out

Post#11 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Melekith wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:37 am That was the problem with Warhammer and still is in RoR: even for standard game play you NEED add ons. Everybody says "There is an add on for this". Truth is, it is annoying that if you want to play the game you have to install add ons and keep them updated. Not user friendly nor new player friendly.

That's how it was and this is how it will be.
Addons were and still are one of the best features of Warhammer Online - because they let you customize UI and tailor it to your needs (or use someone else's UI design). No one is being forced to use them and I know few players who use vanilla UI (or so they say) and absolutely slay on the battlefield.

Personally, I love my addon-infested layout and it took me a long time to optimize it so that original, vanilla elements are still there to remind me what game I play. Besides: addons are just 3 clicks away and almost all of them are very user friendly. Not to mention it's way easier to write a handy addon than modify game client and/or engine.

There are only four addons that are absolute must-haves: Enemy. Buffhead. Pure. Some form of combat scroller (I use wsct, there are others). Playing with vanilla UI is hardcore mode because of how much clatter is there, not because information is not relayed correctly.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads