Recent Topics

Ads

The rationale of inevitable DEATH - vs a Shaman.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: The rationale of inevitable DEATH - vs a Shaman.

Post#41 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:55 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:27 pm
Xirucio wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:50 pm
Omegus wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:43 pm

Stop soloing.
Why should i be the only one to STOP it in this context and not the shaman as well?
Because for him ''IT WORKS''?
Why only for him?
It works VS you...

The same that it works for you vs other classes...
This should end the thread but apparently I was too optimistic.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Xirucio

Post#42 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:55 pm
emiliorv wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:27 pm
Xirucio wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:50 pm
Why should i be the only one to STOP it in this context and not the shaman as well?
Because for him ''IT WORKS''?
Why only for him?
It works VS you...

The same that it works for you vs other classes...
This should end the thread but apparently I was too optimistic.
Please argument your association with the other person that didn't argumented anything but influenced your stance that i replyd to.

Omegus

Post#43 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:47 pm

Xirucio wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:16 pmPlease argument your association with the other person that didn't argumented anything but influenced your stance that i replyd to.
Erm...

Anyway. Class balance is bad for soloing, as classes are not balanced around solo potential. If you choose to solo, do it with the knowledge and acceptance that there are some very bad match-ups for some classes and no amount of complaining on the forums will change that, as change isn't made based on solo ability. There will be times that some annoying Shaman puts DoTs on you and runs away and you die. There will likely never be any changes to directly address this, as you are choosing to play in a way that the game is not balanced for.

I'm not saying how things should be in a perfect world; I'm telling you that this is what the situation is, why it is, and why it won't change. If you still wish to continue to solo on a melee WP because you enjoy it then good luck, but don't expect any balance changes to be made based on the perspective of a melee Warrior Priest trying to fight a Shaman 1v1.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Xirucio

Post#44 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:40 am

Omegus wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:47 pm
Xirucio wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:16 pmPlease argument your association with the other person that didn't argumented anything but influenced your stance that i replyd to.
Erm...

Anyway. Class balance is bad for soloing, as classes are not balanced around solo potential. If you choose to solo, do it with the knowledge and acceptance that there are some very bad match-ups for some classes and no amount of complaining on the forums will change that, as change isn't made based on solo ability. There will be times that some annoying Shaman puts DoTs on you and runs away and you die. There will likely never be any changes to directly address this, as you are choosing to play in a way that the game is not balanced for.

I'm not saying how things should be in a perfect world; I'm telling you that this is what the situation is, why it is, and why it won't change. If you still wish to continue to solo on a melee WP because you enjoy it then good luck, but don't expect any balance changes to be made based on the perspective of a melee Warrior Priest trying to fight a Shaman 1v1.
Now that's a proper answer!
Ok, i guess that's a new ''normality'' that i have to deal with, since according to all them posts, balancing around small scale interaction somehow is not seen as something that ''important''.

Sulorie

Post#45 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:53 am

Xirucio wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:40 am ...
Ok, i guess that's a new ''normality'' that i have to deal with, since according to all them posts, balancing around small scale interaction somehow is not seen as something that ''important''.
It's not whether it is important or not, it isn't possible, as all classes bring different abilities to the table. The mindset is to have tanks and healers in a group to support the DPS classes. Small scale is group play rather than solo play.
Solo play is a niche with huge differences between classes, which is never fair play and setting up your gear and having the best potions available tips the odds in your favor.
And it isn't "new" either, this is the way it goes since WAR was created back then.
Dying is no option.

grimoirebas

Post#46 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:04 pm

There isn't much i wanna say about whether or not DOT should be nerf, since many people already mentioned that changes are unlikely to be made for small scale reasons, and that such nerf would probably also require several other classes adjustment. But yes, it is part of the reasons why Shaman are top solo class.

However i can say a few things that might help with soloing, i hope it isnt undesired advice and you find something usefull in it :

When soloing you need to consider the best class you will face, for destro that would be shaman, WE, chosen, magus.
If you don't play one of the top order class (dps AM, WH, ironbreaker) it will be impossible to do well against all of them (and of those 3 only DPS AM can consistantly win the shaman match-up). You will have to spe, for specific match up and accept to loose the other.
You also will have better odd against those classes if they are group spe, learn the name of the high RR/solo roamer and avoid them or know that it will be an impossible battle.

For shaman especially there is a few thing to consider.
Sprint and endo pot and quick escape will help to gap close.
Taunt and self hot/heal when those are down.
Use silence to guarantee your divine assaut, pay attention to the shaman detaunt when doing so.
Tactic wise, don't use both +crit and +dmg, in order to improve your heal.
Consider grabbing divine light and dropping your execute.
Consider a regen spe, Grimshimmer and fleshrender (the +willpower one, which also increase your disrupt) are often cheap on AH.
Uzkular has a great 2H hammer, with a + wound proc.
Use toughness tali/pot and more defensive RA like deft defender/regen. Armor pot/tali are no help against shaman, use elemental resist instead.

You still wont kill a Dps shaman, but that should make the fight more interesting, and give you better chances against non-dps/pug one.
Again to repeat a previous point ; as a consequence, doing this will gimp you against the other good destro solo class so it's a choice to make, which rock/paper/scissor match-up do you find the most in the lakes and which you'd rather win without handicapping the other too much.

Toggle

Post#47 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:33 pm

I think we can close the book on this one. Straight from the horse's mouth...

https://imgur.com/a/SSiSodS

Which begs the question, why the OP at all?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]