Recent Topics

Ads

T1 Debolster Obstructing Certain Tome Unlocks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Caduceus

T1 Debolster Obstructing Certain Tome Unlocks

Post#1 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:04 pm

Hello all,

I wasn't sure whether to file a bug report for this, or address it here. Since it is not a bug, I chose to make a thread for it.

Today I was unlocking entries in the Tome of Knowledge, when I came upon the achievement "Treaty for Treasure", an entry under Bandit in the Bestiary section.

This achievement requires the player to kill three low level mobs in Chrace, however one of these is a level 20 dog which is very hard, virtually impossible to kill while debolstered to level 10. Since I did not even manage to get the mob down below 99% health, I estimate it would be hard even in a group.

I'm sure this isn't how things are intended to work, and I hope this draws attention so that it may be fixed.

Thanks for reading,
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
Topdude

Re: T1 Debolster Obstructing Certain Tome Unlocks

Post#2 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:11 pm

Thank you for posting. The T1 debuff needs to be removed IMO. It destroys three whole zones of PVE unlocks and entertainment in the game.

Parallell86

Post#3 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:32 pm

T1 shouldnt be anymore than an intro tier. I dont like the idea of encouraging players to linger in T1.

Topdude

Post#4 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:24 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:32 pm T1 shouldnt be anymore than an intro tier. I dont like the idea of encouraging players to linger in T1.
T1 itself is an intro tier but because of the mechanics of leveling up a toon and RP/exp ratio you move off it far to quickly and PVE isn't advisable while you're there. I know a lot of players poo-poo PVE but to many of us it's an enjoyable distraction to the mindless repetitive grind of RVR.

Morradin

Post#5 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:14 am

Yeah, It would be nice to run through the PvE for the unlocks. This is made harder and more time consuming by the debolster.

Caduceus

Post#6 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:42 am

I hope we can agree that unattainable Tome unlocks is an undesirable situation :(
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Viperstongue

Post#7 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:47 pm

The current debolster at level 10 is far too low, as it also jeopardize the ability to complete quests.
I'm wondering how we supposed to finish "Saving Keg End" now, when every barrel is surrounded by packs of level 17/18 mobs and champions? Are we supposed to get there with two full groups now?

Rydiak

Post#8 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:45 pm

A 3 man is more than enough to kill the level 19 champs (let alone the lower level ones) found around the barrels.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#9 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:51 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:45 pm A 3 man is more than enough to kill the level 19 champs (let alone the lower level ones) found around the barrels.

Heh, I soloed that. Hated every second of it (and died twice), but I did manage to solo it.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Rydiak

Post#10 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:55 pm

Few people have your soloing skill, Thargrimm! :D
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!