Recent Topics

Ads

Only reset defense timer when siege weapon is completely destroyed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Only reset defense timer when siege weapon is completely destroyed

Post#11 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:51 pm

Topdude wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:24 pm
Vegetaplays wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:31 am +1, its not about the bags, but how a single player can halt a zone for 30+ minutes and have defenders stuck in their keep.
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:03 pm I've recommended alternatives, but development time is limited and this isn't considered a high priority.
#Wargrimnir this is where the devs are making a mistake. Ignoring mechanics issues that are diminishing interest in even playing for zone control. But I guess all available time is donated to LOTD these days instead of making the base mechanics of ranking and zone control attractive to current and new players.
Hence, the population stagnates or dwindles. :(
Singing to the choir my friend. I'm but a man with a long hammer.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#12 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:36 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:03 pm
OGFear wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:35 am This 100% Should not be Working as Intended. There is NO WORLD, where this is fun and engaging for ANYONE on the receiving end this should be counted as an Exploit and should be treated as such. No one player should be able to stall out a Keep Inner Door respawn for An hour. Incredibly stupid game design that needs reworking.
It is working as intended, but it's really not fun or engaging, and certainly doesn't feel all that fair. I've recommended alternatives, but development time is limited and this isn't considered a high priority.
It literally took you longer to type this out, than it would to remove this code that isn't tied to anything.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:27 am

OGFear wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:35 am This 100% Should not be Working as Intended. There is NO WORLD, where this is fun and engaging for ANYONE on the receiving end this should be counted as an Exploit and should be treated as such. No one player should be able to stall out a Keep Inner Door respawn for An hour. Incredibly stupid game design that needs reworking.
It is working as intended, but it's really not fun or engaging, and certainly doesn't feel all that fair. I've recommended alternatives, but development time is limited and this isn't considered a high priority.
ORVR is not priority, have to focus on chapter quests and ranked?

Grobi00F

Post#14 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:14 pm

Well the can of worms was opened today with Destro sieging KV and getting wiped but timer getting reset for at least an hour while Order and Destro moved on to Caledor.

Just gonna be a matter of time until this will be addressed when people continue abusing it this hard.

CyunUnderis

Post#15 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:37 pm

Pkunk wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:17 pm It is not fair in any way what so ever. I guess plenty of order got pissed at me earlier today (playing my we Bowelf) and pulling this **** on you. There is a reason why I did so. Destro get this all the time and it feels good to give a little love back at you.
So, some stupid WHs did this, so you decide to do the same. That's some nice logic you have.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:48 am

pvprangergod wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:27 am
ORVR is not priority, have to focus on chapter quests and ranked?
Devs work to their own priorities. Our work on PvE has never significantly changed and is done by team members that have very little to do with RvR, you shouldn't take offense to their persistent dedication as if it's taking something away from another aspect of the game.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#17 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:21 am

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#18 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:57 pm

An update will be pushed this week regarding this suggestion. However it will completely stop defensive keep siege weapons from resetting the keep timer, careless whether it was damaged once or destroyed.

Thank you all for suggesting alternative mechanics and please feel free to share more fruitful thoughts about different topics that you believe could help improve the community's QoL.

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#19 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:21 am

GamesBond wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:57 pm An update will be pushed this week regarding this suggestion. However it will completely stop defensive keep siege weapons from resetting the keep timer, careless whether it was damaged once or destroyed.

Thank you all for suggesting alternative mechanics and please feel free to share more fruitful thoughts about different topics that you believe could help improve the community's QoL.
This is a great change. Thank you!

Garamore

Post#20 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:53 pm

GamesBond wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:57 pm An update will be pushed this week regarding this suggestion. However it will completely stop defensive keep siege weapons from resetting the keep timer, careless whether it was damaged once or destroyed.

Great change, thanks for the efforts to fix it!
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore