Recent Topics

Ads

Weekly Wipes ... sort of

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
gebajger

Re: Weekly Wipes ... sort of

Post#21 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:37 pm

Secrets wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:32 am Remove Anni/Merc/Conq/Dom vendor bought - or severely reduce the cost to the point where you only have to do maybe 2, 3 SCs.

Make Vanquisher/Opp take its place as the 'grindable' set. Triumphant and Victorious set optionally should be obtainable 1 piece at a time from Weekend Warfront.

The fact is there's multiple grinds is a bit disheartening and the gear gap is too much right now for new players without a doubt. Ranked is equally dead due to the gear gap and players getting disheartened by the grind.

Remove the lockout on City, Gunbad, and Bloodlord. Let people run it until their eyes bleed or they get their set so friends can help out their friends without having to worry about lockouts.

This is a decent compromise to the fact that you can't exactly remove the gear from progression, and can't instantly boost new characters to 40. Fully established players are just going to discourage new players or veteran players from playing new classes.

The above is the proper solution to implement a 'catchup' mechanic without devaluing the 1-40 experience. The fresh 40 experience is abysmal.
Come back and play sometimes, I'm bored.
Also , Happy New Year!
Rioz

Ads
zulnam

Post#22 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:48 pm

That seems like so much work for little gain.

That said, I would love a fresh server at some point. I know it's not exactly easy to do here, given the cost and small population, but WoW's SoM servers convinced me of the thrill of combat on a young server with everyone in bad gear. It's a different experience.

Happy new year!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

gebajger

Post#23 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:18 am

zulnam wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:48 pm That seems like so much work for little gain.

That said, I would love a fresh server at some point. I know it's not exactly easy to do here, given the cost and small population, but WoW's SoM servers convinced me of the thrill of combat on a young server with everyone in bad gear. It's a different experience.

Happy new year!
I'm RR89 and I wouldn't mind a server wipe at all.
Carta pura....as they say, would give a chance for a more level playfield.

Happy New Year, Everyone!
Rioz

Sulorie

Post#24 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:52 am

After a wipe, people will recognize, that they are still dying to the same opponents.
Dying is no option.

Morradin

Post#25 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:12 am

Secrets wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:32 am
Remove the lockout on City, Gunbad, and Bloodlord. Let people run it until their eyes bleed or they get their set so friends can help out their friends without having to worry about lockouts.
A grind is a grind. Having to run Gunbad when all you need is Bastion Stair makes a lot of people decide not to run either. MAYBE, a simpler solution is to put the armor wards back on PvP armor as it was on live.

knick

Post#26 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:27 am

Morradin wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:12 am
A grind is a grind. Having to run Gunbad when all you need is Bastion Stair makes a lot of people decide not to run either. MAYBE, a simpler solution is to put the armor wards back on PvP armor as it was on live.
Secrets talks about the 5 day Lockout timer, not the lower ward requirement of PvE sets
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

Whyumadbro

Post#27 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:32 am

just no, why would u wipe the server? so that some new players can feel that the game is fair? just grind it

RuffRyder

Post#28 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:09 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:52 am After a wipe, people will recognize, that they are still dying to the same opponents.
Pretty much that.
It will be a race of organized guilds, premades and no-lifers that gear up, and casual and solo players will face the same premades, same issues and same slow progression as today, and after a few weeks it’s the same imbalances they wanted to get rid of.

I can only advise people to level an alt in mid-tier from time to time, get some fresh air there while using bolster and the chances to win and have fun, before getting back to T4 again. It works solo, too, but ofc and intentionally better with a guild and/or PuG.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Ads
Wuhh

Post#29 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:41 pm

Happy New Year all !

i think the point was missed. the idea is that the gear is given back to you on the respective days, with your talismans you slotted. The gear is already bought, it is just not useable until the day it is re-released.

So on a monday all people are levelled by gear, then as the week progresses, your gear is Given back into pack/bank/trader for FREE if you already bought it and have the tome unlock, With the talismans you slotted. NO weekly grind. infact no need to take away the gear from your pack, just make it unuseable until the Invader Wednesday for example.

Ye im not 100% on the idea, but it is kinda interesting i think to see how the battle changes and the population would change, encouraging lower ranks and newer players to the game on typically slow days, and allowing the peak weekend populations to stomp around in top tier gears.

Morradin

Post#30 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:11 pm

knick wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:27 am
Morradin wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:12 am
Secrets talks about the 5 day Lockout timer, not the lower ward requirement of PvE sets
I know. But lock out timers wont be so bad if you only have to do one dungeon and not three, to wear the gear only from the last dungeon you do.