Groupsize: 24 discord alliance
Playtime: full duration
I missed the first test, but this was fairly good.
In terms of actually functional codeing everything seemed to work, apart from unable to fly to the desert zone untill like 5mins after the reservations had been given out.
And one champion mob was perma resetting at the 2nd most western middle BO between colosus area and middle river BO (forgot the name)
With the same settings, addons, no effects etc. i use in forts this seemed smooth. no stuttering, no warping, desync or any performance drop. You could "feel" the lag when 3 warbands were fighting outside of cliprange but that has been a thing since Daoc. When you can feel the inc lag and it seems to be such a part of the game now that it kinda belongs.
1)The NPC to turn resources in IC is parked right under a flightmaster, which just doesnt seem to be a smart location for a busy git like him on weekly events/tests. Other expedition quatermasters in roleplay town worked just fine.
2)Being in one out of 3(?) discord warbands on destro and facing same or more organized warbands on Order, it gave a feeling of you couldnt wander off and do side objectives with less linked BOs because you needed to be in the center of the 3 most important objectives in case a 2v2wb fight broke out and could cost the middle objective. Leading to very rarely visiting or spreading the warband clashes out. Im not sure if this is a player issue, or if the very south/north western BOs are needed at all as they just make the map bigger but doesnt spread the action per say.
3) Being in a functional 6man or smallman group i struggle to see what they appeal would be to go backcap and break supplylines, unless some sort of bonus would be introduced on BOs for kills on the objective if you are in a group of 6 or less maybe?
4) Damage tick in water felt more accurate
5) Teleporting from warcamp to objectives probably needs to be more accesable so even if you have pickup players with language barriers you can easily tell and explain how to move back to the battlefield faster instead of having to run each wipe. it just provides more action imo.
6) Flipping an objective seemed to run though two sets of timers. Capping and then defending, making you stand around for upto 90 seconds which seemed meh.
7) people crashing were put back into the zone and it worked flawlessly. People signing up late were put in a queue, and it worked without issues for us.
Openfield fights like this became more about who was coordinating, flanking, advantages with morales and possitons more than any career related issues imho. Which was a breath of fresh air to see objectives mattering, kills mattering both before and during the test (resource grind). Largescale it not for everyone, understandable. But also 6man groups seemed to do good in tagging kills in outskirts and capping flags.
1) The interaction between turning in resources, not knowing if you will get a reservation (example 90 in front of you in queue) and being unable to coordiante which players will turn in their resources on what archtype made for some wierd guess-work on who would make it inside and hard to build groups/warbands before reservations were handed out and people maybe handing in one an archtype that was already full in a group/warband, where they would had been willing to swap to an alt to help build a better wellrounded setup but cant because resources are realm-accountwide but the reservation is not. 5min account-realmwide reservation would be lovely if possible.
Overall it was fun, a great experience despite wiping as much as wiping others, but im worried if the server is big enough to host these events without every other activity (pve, leveling, orvr, ranked, scenarios etc.) will go dry as we see during citysieges.
Bombling RR 91
Gombling 85 mSH - Notbombling 81 Sorc - Powerhouse 80 Zealot - Chopling 83 Choppa - Goldbag 78 Mara
Bombthebuilder 82 Engi - Orderling 65 WP - TheBombMan 70 Knight - Bombing 66 SL - Jackinabox 64 WH